Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Closed Thread

Old 15 Apr 07, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post

Computer Shops

Anybody know of any good computer shops in the 192 area?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 07, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Malcolm
Imagineer

I would not use any on 192 or International drive as these are aimed at the tourist and they will take you for a ride, was looking for a camera lense for my Canon and one shop started at $800 for a lense i got at ritz cameras in Florida Mall for $350.
Speak to a local person when you go out there and ask where they would go, i got my lap top from Best Buy also Walmart have some good priced PC stuff

Malcolm
Malcolm is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 07, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
alan&pauline
Earning More Ears

comp usa near to florida mall
alan&pauline is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 07, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Celica190
Imagineer

There's a Circuit City just north of the Florida Mall on 17-92 South Orange Blossom Trail. It's on the right just after the junction with Sand Lake Road.
Celica190 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 07, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post

yeh i was in 192laptops.com (its a store, they dont even have a website! ) they have changed names over the years, they wanted $400 for a very old bulky slow latop with windows 98. whereas you could get a modern fast windows vista for $300+ in walmart!

P.s If you buy anything from Walmart and its doesnt work at home, if you keep the receipt you can return it at any ASDA store in the uk.
Old 16 Apr 07, 12:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Elsie
Imagineer

I looked for Gameboys last time on the 192 and I-Drive and was shocked to find them as expensive as the UK. A trip to Electroniques Boutique in Mall @ Millenia saved the day as I got a Gameboy and loads of games for my daughter for virtually half the UK cost. I agree with malcolmmearns that 192 / i-Drive stores are out to make the most from tourists!

Feb 1997 - Quality Inn Plaza on I-Drive / Sep 2003 - Westridge Villa on US27 / Feb 2005 - Westridge Villa on US27 / Aug 2007 - Indian Creek Villa / Aug 2015 - Indian Creek Villa / Mar 2019 - Red Lion Maingate
Elsie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 07, 12:07 AM  
Link to this Post
robitay
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by flittle View Post
yeh i was in 192laptops.com (its a store, they dont even have a website! ) they have changed names over the years, they wanted $400 for a very old bulky slow latop with windows 98. whereas you could get a modern fast windows vista for $300+ in walmart!

P.s If you buy anything from Walmart and its doesnt work at home, if you keep the receipt you can return it at any ASDA store in the uk.
$300 or £160 for a fast vista laptop is a great bargain. Will have to buy one of these
robitay is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 07, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Vizeman
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by alan&pauline View Post
comp usa near to florida mall
I used this Comp USA shop last time to buy a laptop, check out the website
compusa/
It's actually across the Sand Lake road from Florida Mall.
Vizeman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 07, 01:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Elsie
Imagineer

Just a tad over £500 ... just have to hope that Mr Customs & Excise doesn't stop me!

Feb 1997 - Quality Inn Plaza on I-Drive / Sep 2003 - Westridge Villa on US27 / Feb 2005 - Westridge Villa on US27 / Aug 2007 - Indian Creek Villa / Aug 2015 - Indian Creek Villa / Mar 2019 - Red Lion Maingate
Elsie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 07, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post

CompUSA and circuit city are virtually opposite each other just north of Florida Mall on Orange Blossom Trail. The other place worth trying is BestBuy not certain of the Orlando locations though. I always tend to buy my computer bits when we go over there and mainly in CompUSA as you can check the prices on their web-site.
Closed Thread