Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 24 May 09, 06:44 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by carys View Post
We are taking our three children in August.We have booked Mandalay bay as although it is at the end of the strip it has a beach , a wave pool and a shark aquarium.We went to Vegas without the children 3 years ago and I don't particularly remember going anywhere or doing anything that was unsuitable for the children as my dh went to the tables without me.There are the coasters , the white tigers , the pirate ship show at Treasure Island and I may take them to show and the Grand Canyon.We are going for 4 nights on the way home.
We stayed at the Mandalay Bay a couple of years ago with our 2 boys who were 7 and 10. The hotel was fantastic with the pool and lazy river and beach.Vegas is tacky and you have to make your own personal choice wether to take kids, but to be fair if it was not tacky it wouldnt be Vegas. Our kids talk constantly about going back as they loved it, but next time they want to stay at Excalibur but thats more about the visual effect of the hotel more than anything else
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 09, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post
gail33
Serious Dibber

Hi
We went in 2005 with two children and stayed at the Excalibur. We had a fab time and were not approached by anyone in the street. There was so much to do for the whole family. We are back again in August for my daughter's wedding at the Bellagio with my son and granddaughter in tow. This time we are staying at the MGM but I believe that is also child friendly.

Florida 1993, 2001,2007, 2014,2016
Las vegas 2005,2009,2011,2012
New York 2009,2011
Los Angeles 2005 San Francisco 2011
gail33 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 09, 11:44 AM  
Link to this Post
carys
Imagineer

carys's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
If you read reviews in other forums ( not as good as this one ) there are lots of people who live in Vegas who give great reviews of things to do and they say that the touts are very good about not handing out the paraphenalia to people with children.I don't think I would be wandering the strip with kids late at night anyway but am fairly certain my boys will be giggling their heads off at some of the scanty lady billboards ! TBH they see worse on TV these days in Eastenders or Hollyoaks ! Don't get me wrong I don't condone it and don't want it flaunted in their faces but as a parent I do think there is a right and wrong way to approach these things and I don't think a child's life experience allows them to see the things we see or the way we see them iyswim ? There is a way of explaining things to children at their level that isn't corruptable.Anyway mine are going and I have no real concerns ! lol
Old 24 May 09, 12:18 PM  
Link to this Post

We visited Vegas a few years ago for our anniversary, we also stayed at Mandalay Bay which we thought was fantastic! We felt there was plenty to do for all ages, in fact we didn't get round to doing everything we wanted and are returning for a few days in january as part of our trip to Arizona and the Grand Canyon!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 09, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Jannine
Excited about Disney

Thumbs up

My DD loves Vegas, there is something there for everyone
We stayed at TI & had no problems, we call the pools 'posing pools' as most Americans stand around in the pool with cocktails, but DD still swam around & had a great time.
A word of warning, there are some people on the main strip handing out cards for 'ladies of the night' but they don't bother families or children.
Go on you will have a fantastic time try circus circus for the fair ground rides, Stratosphere for the roller coaster on top of the tower, new york new york for the taxi ride, DH wouldn't do it. So many great other rides & attractions!
Can't wait to go back now
Old 25 May 09, 11:38 PM  
Link to this Post
LizzyBear
Imagineer

LizzyBear's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
I don't think I would. I know someone with a 3 year old who used to live in Las Vegas until recently so I know there is stuff for them to do but I just think the vibe of the place as a holiday destination is quite adult and TBH seedy. I'm all for kids being well travelled but I think there are so many other places in the world, and in the western US states in particular, that are more suitable for kids. None of this is intended to 'flame' anyone else's decision, JMHO
Old 25 May 09, 11:38 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread