Notices

Old 1 Jun 13, 03:16 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Your plans look fab and OMG , all that amazing food, you have some brill ADRs in there
WileyCoyote is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 13, 07:35 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by musicem View Post
Great pre trip Looking forward to reading the whole report when you have been!
Thanks for reading

Originally Posted by Lisa29 View Post
More great sounding plans. Castaway Cay really does look amazing.

Snow White is Madison's favourite too so we will be on the look out for her.
Thanks Lisa. You must have a great chance of seeing her at either your CRT or Akershus ADRs (or both!). I've heard she's also at Germany in Epcot, although we didn't see her there last year (admittedly we blazed round World Showcase Usain Bolt-style).

Originally Posted by MJC66 View Post
Nearly missed the start of this, loved your last trippie so looking forward to this one, the plans sound great, would love to stay at WL one day!

Hope your ankle recovers in time, it does look painful

Suppose I should start my own pre trippie as we go not long after you get back, keep Fareham on the Dibb map!

We have booked into the new (ish) Premier Inn at North terminal as well so interested to see what you think of that. Also we are keeping this trip a secret from our DDs but not sure if I will last as long as you plan to

Mary-Jane
Thanks Mary-Jane, it's certainly going to take a lot more than my rubbish photo-butchering to put Fareham on the map - I would definitely recommend you starting a pre-trippie! The Trip Advisor reports seem quite favourable about the Premier Inn, but I will let you know

Originally Posted by WileyCoyote View Post
Your plans look fab and OMG , all that amazing food, you have some brill ADRs in there
Thanks Amanda, I can't wait for all the food (as you may have guessed)! Still hoping to snag a Cali Grill ADR, but not holding out much hope.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 13, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post

I've just read from start to finish and it sounds like you've got a great holiday planned. I'm a rubbish secret keeper, so I admire the fact your kiddies still don't know. When we went in 2001, when ours were younger, I wanted them to share in the excitement and anticipation - but all I really got was 'are we going now?' for 11 months! DD (15) is really excited and a huge Florida fan and has been a great person to chat with and she never gets bored. DS (18) is happy to have a fully funded trip, and knows it means a lot to me. Our pre trip report is listed. DH, loves, loves, loves Florida but that doesn't mean theme park visiting from day break to sun set! I've tried to arrange a holiday with a bit of everything to please everyone.

Although I've never suffered any major injuries, there have been many over the years with kids and sport. DS broke his leg playing football. DD has a similar problem to yourself, in regard to bruising inside her left leg/ankle. she used to train six days a week doing gymnastics and the injury never heals as she never rests it long enough for it to fully heal. It'll need to be put in plaster in September for four weeks to see if that helps. I am not looking forward to that!

A bit mean really, but here's a photo of Snow White, taken 2012 at DLP...

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 2 Jun 13, 11:35 AM  
Link to this Post

sorry pressed submit instead of preview...

Meant to say I hope your DD gets to meet Snow White, we're looking for Alice! hope you're injury fully heals ready for all the walking and finally, very jealous of the cruise!

Look forward to reading more.
Old 4 Jun 13, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by excited2013 View Post
I've just read from start to finish and it sounds like you've got a great holiday planned. I'm a rubbish secret keeper, so I admire the fact your kiddies still don't know. When we went in 2001, when ours were younger, I wanted them to share in the excitement and anticipation - but all I really got was 'are we going now?' for 11 months! DD (15) is really excited and a huge Florida fan and has been a great person to chat with and she never gets bored. DS (18) is happy to have a fully funded trip, and knows it means a lot to me. Our pre trip report is listed. DH, loves, loves, loves Florida but that doesn't mean theme park visiting from day break to sun set! I've tried to arrange a holiday with a bit of everything to please everyone.

Although I've never suffered any major injuries, there have been many over the years with kids and sport. DS broke his leg playing football. DD has a similar problem to yourself, in regard to bruising inside her left leg/ankle. she used to train six days a week doing gymnastics and the injury never heals as she never rests it long enough for it to fully heal. It'll need to be put in plaster in September for four weeks to see if that helps. I am not looking forward to that!

A bit mean really, but here's a photo of Snow White, taken 2012 at DLP...

[IMG][/IMG]
Thanks for reading Jo I love the pic - if Snow White doesn't show up at breakfast we are going to hunt her down in the parks. Poor girl, hunted by the Wicked Queen and now the Seager family, can't help but feel sorry for her.

Sorry to hear about your DD, it's a very frustrating injury and I wouldn't wish it on anyone
Old 4 Jun 13, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post

Morning folks,

Just a quick update (apologies that it's not earth shattering) - the airport taxi has been booked for our pre-night stay at Gatwick! This is costing £85 there and £91 back (including car parking), so £176 in total. We decided on paying a bit more for an MPV to (hopefully) make the journey a little more comfortable.

Wasn't the cheapest quote (we got 3 quotes), although they were all roughly the same sort of price. This is from Fareham, near Portsmouth - an estate car would have been around £150 in total. We ended up booking with a company called Crofton Chauffer Services as they're a small local business and came across very friendly in our email exchanges.

This was Nicola's only designated job, and as we still have over 4 months left I'll have to think of something else for her to do now!

Thanks for reading,

Terry
Old 6 Jun 13, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

Hiya,

really enjoying your PTR, loved your last TR too. We never told dd in 2011 that we were going so soon, she thought she still had a few months to wait (to cover our back for slip ups lol) she found out when we arrived at the airport. This time, we booked in April 2012 for this Sept, told my dd and my niece that we'd go in 2014, let them know when the countdown hit a year, my dd doesn't quite get it as she's only 6 lol. It'll be amazing, well worth the effort keeping quiet.

toots82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 13, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
clucky1966
Imagineer

clucky1966's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Have loved reading your pre trippie, we are going for the second time in Oct too, your plans sound FAB, we were hoping for a trip to TL but we do not arrive until the 28th and as you say it is closed then so it will have to be BB for us. we also have Narcoosees booked for an ADR so glad to hear good things about it, we have booked it for the first night of the MVMCP so will watch the Holidaywishes from there, I know you have a very full intinery but do you not fancy MNSSHP, we are doing this on Haloween so cannot wait

I get all excited just typing all this, hope you and your lovely family have a great time bet you can't to tell the kids!

clucky1966 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 13, 07:03 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by toots82 View Post
Hiya,

really enjoying your PTR, loved your last TR too. We never told dd in 2011 that we were going so soon, she thought she still had a few months to wait (to cover our back for slip ups lol) she found out when we arrived at the airport. This time, we booked in April 2012 for this Sept, told my dd and my niece that we'd go in 2014, let them know when the countdown hit a year, my dd doesn't quite get it as she's only 6 lol. It'll be amazing, well worth the effort keeping quiet.

Thanks Mhari We're only going to have half an hour in between school and the taxi picking us up so it's definitely not going to be a drawn out reveal. I think an envelope from Mickey and then leading them to 4 packed suitcases might do the trick. Can't wait to see their faces however we do it

Originally Posted by clucky1966 View Post
Have loved reading your pre trippie, we are going for the second time in Oct too, your plans sound FAB, we were hoping for a trip to TL but we do not arrive until the 28th and as you say it is closed then so it will have to be BB for us. we also have Narcoosees booked for an ADR so glad to hear good things about it, we have booked it for the first night of the MVMCP so will watch the Holidaywishes from there, I know you have a very full intinery but do you not fancy MNSSHP, we are doing this on Haloween so cannot wait

I get all excited just typing all this, hope you and your lovely family have a great time bet you can't to tell the kids!
Thanks for reading! It is exciting isn't it? You can certainly see why folk keep going back. We haven't completely ruled out MNSSHP, will have to give it some more thought. It does seem like it might be a bit of a wasted opportunity otherwise. I hope you love Narcoosse's as much as we did
Old 8 Jun 13, 07:23 AM  
Link to this Post
First Timer 12
Dibbing with Tink

Hi, really looking forward to reading your trip report. Shame about your ankle hopefully it will be a lot better by the time the holiday comes around! you have a lovely family & great plans for your holiday very well organised