Old 19 May 14, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Originally Posted by lottie89 View Post
Great pre-trippy and plans - your daughters are adorable! You are going two days after we get back, so while I'm in the depths of the holiday blues you'll be packing!

Love the name too!
Thanks for reading. You'll have a chance to give us a few tips before we go!
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 14, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
gtyrel10
VIP Dibber

Hi,

Just caught up with your pre trip, you changed the name! Fantastic i am loving it (although i did love the last one too!).

I am loving your plans, and Star Wars weekend would be amazing, i was reading a review the other day of the Star Wars lunch at Hollywood and Vine it look amazing especially the cakes! Speaking of cakes wow that birthday cake is amazing, i would love to make one of those but i imagine it would just end up looking brown like when you would mix paints together at school!

I don't blame you for start planning now, we booked 40 days ago but in all honestly i was researching an planning this fo about the last 2 years!

Loving the updates and well done on the running that is amazing, i have been trying to learn how to run properly for the last 2 years and my god i still hate it so i have so much respect for people who can not only do it but actually enjoy it!

Gemma xx
gtyrel10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 14, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Originally Posted by gtyrel10 View Post
Hi,

Just caught up with your pre trip, you changed the name! Fantastic i am loving it (although i did love the last one too!).

I am loving your plans, and Star Wars weekend would be amazing, i was reading a review the other day of the Star Wars lunch at Hollywood and Vine it look amazing especially the cakes! Speaking of cakes wow that birthday cake is amazing, i would love to make one of those but i imagine it would just end up looking brown like when you would mix paints together at school!

I don't blame you for start planning now, we booked 40 days ago but in all honestly i was researching an planning this fo about the last 2 years!

Loving the updates and well done on the running that is amazing, i have been trying to learn how to run properly for the last 2 years and my god i still hate it so i have so much respect for people who can not only do it but actually enjoy it!

Gemma xx
Many thanks for reading and your reply.

I changed the name the other day as I didn't really like the last one!

I'm actually getting a bit concerned how the Star Wars weekend will be for the kids as it sounds like it will be heaving. I think I will try for an early Star Wars breakfast ADR and just see from there.

It's impossible not to plan for years for these trips!

As for running, I'm going to start again soon but already dreading it! I'm teaching Evie to ride a bike and using the local running track so yesterday a couple of laps of that nearly did me in! Keep trying with the running as well!
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 14, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
ronnieroobs
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

I got a strange case of déjŕ vu and then realised you changed the name! Enjoying the updates.
ronnieroobs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 14, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Originally Posted by ronnieroobs View Post
I got a strange case of déjŕ vu and then realised you changed the name! Enjoying the updates.
Sorry for the confusion.
Old 20 May 14, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Something else just sorted. Travel Insurance. I have gone for the gold insurance single trip cover with Direct Travel Insurance. It's just for me, Kelly and the girls. Marian and Den will be sorting their own. I think it has everything we need and has only cost Ł78 which is good compared with others I looked at and has a lot better coverage than most.

More again soon!

Edited at 01:41 PM.
Old 20 May 14, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
katy341
Imagineer

oooo we will be there the same time as you (flying from MAN on 17th... ) il be sure to watch out for the guy with the whip and whistle marching his gang round universal lol

happy planning... looking forward to reading more! xx

xx kate xx
katy341 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 14, 08:23 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Originally Posted by katy341 View Post
oooo we will be there the same time as you (flying from MAN on 17th... ) il be sure to watch out for the guy with the whip and whistle marching his gang round universal lol

happy planning... looking forward to reading more! xx

xx kate xx
Thanks for reading. The whip won't just be reserved for Universal
Old 22 May 14, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Kelly is now saying she will be making us T-Shirts to wear on holiday! So wrong.
Old 25 May 14, 07:30 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
The Crazy Old Maurice Pre Trip May 2015.

Part 4 ADR's Food Glorious Food. ADR planning.

I'm back again for the latest part of my pre trip this part is devoted to ADR's and food! Again very much a work in progress. Again I welcome any input or recommendations.

This is going to be hard to plan! We have free ddp so that is 17 table service credits, 17 quick service and 17 snack credits to use per person over our 17 nights. There is also a few offsite places that we (when I say we, I mean me) would like to try. I actually think I might end up paying OOP for a couple of breakfasts to free up some credits. In my last trip report I suggested it might be better if we weren't tied down to ADR's and I didn't want to be a slave to ADR planning. Could I be more of a hypocrite! I'm actually very scared about where all this food will go. I have to say I was a little disappointed in my eating skills last time. Think the heat did me. I will and must do better. Thank god my pre trip diet starts on Tuesday (27th May 2014).

Last time we went I did a food report called An Extra Plane Ticket Home For My Belly which you can find HERE. I can't believe how many views it's had. At the time of writing it's approaching 27,000! I will also being doing the same again and it will run along side this trip report. The name of this new report will be The Dukes Of Hazard Food report. This is not a homage to two cousins from the Deep South and their companion in the cut off jean shorts. (Slightly off track but my dad also owns a similar pair of cut of jeans to Daisy Duke which is slightly alarming.) The name is rather a juvenile use of toilet humour regarding the amount of over eating to be done. I apologise to the easily offended.

So back to last time. We had places we loved, places we thought were ok and a couple we hated. Some of which we will be doing again. It's very difficult to choose. There is a desire to eat at new locations but several that we went to last time that we have to do again.

Where we won't go again.
One of our favourite places last time was Le Cellier, it won't however make the cut this time. It was 1 t/s credit last time but shortly after we went it changed to 2 credits so to me it's not worth the extra credit. Others that we went to last time that won't be revisited are the Whispering Canyon Cafe, which was by far the worst meal we had last time, (old drinks lying on the floor under the table, horrible dry skillets, mains brought before starters were finished, server wasn't interested in taking part in any of the antics associated with WCC and totally ignored us. Really bad). I personally didn't enjoy Planet Hollywood. It's not totally ruled out as we like eating in DTD (Springs) so it may get a reprieve. Cape May Cafe is also ruled out. We enjoyed the character breakfast last time but this is one that gets replaced by something new. This can also be said of Hollywood Brown Derby. Lovely meal but a bit fancy for my palate. 2 credits as well so it's off the list. Offsite we didn't do to much last time, only Ponderosa which was poor so it's a no for me and ditto that the IHOP. Food was ok but the one by Wet N Wild was a bit grotty.

Where we will return.
There is actually a few places we will return to. Ohana is high on the list but I have to say I'm a little concerned about the menu change. Really loved it last time. Problem is Den is surprisingly fussy about meat. Cinderella's Royal Table is something I'm really hoping to get booked without too much hassle. This will be for Evie Mae's 8th birthday. Last time we did breakfast but this time we will try dinner followed by Wishes. This one is very much about the experience rather than the food. As for the other character meals we went to and will be returning to are, Donald's Safari Breakfast@Tusker House. Awesome breakfast and personally I think the best one, 1900 Park Fare for dinner. I found this a bit average but Kelly really enjoyed it. I'm hoping Lily Belle won't be terrified of Lady Tremaine again! Akershaus was due to be culled but has earned a reprieve. It was nice last time but I did think we'd ease down on the character breakfasts (its so not planning out that way!). The biggest reason we will go back is on the off chance Disney put the Frozen Princesses there which seems a no brainer to me. The Landry's duo of TRex and Rainforest Cafe are back on the list. Both loud, noisy and not for everyone but we enjoy them. RFC has a special place in my heart as it was one of the few onsite places we ate on our honeymoon back in 2006. Like mentioned above Planet Hollywood still could get a look in.

The New.

This has been the hardest bit. For certain we will be going to the Yachtsman's Steakhouse. This is a personal dream for me to go here and I'm really looking forward to this. It's sad I know that I will already be eating the 28oz Porterhouse. We will make use of the Fantasmic Package again but this time trying Mama Melrose. Very much on the to do list is the Hoop De Do Review. We've not done a dinner show and this one seems the best. At the moment Be Our Guest is on the list. I think it will stay there but it doesn't seem to me to get the best reviews. I guess it's the experience rather than the food. In that case, do we just do lunch and save the credit? Not sure yet. We will also be adding Hollywood And Vine Breakfast for Lily Belle's 6th birthday. She loves Princess Sofia and Doc McStuffin. There is a possibility of the Star Wars character breakfast at the Sci Fi Diner if it's on. I'm also toying with idea of the Crystal Palace for an early breakfast ADR. None of the kids are fussed about Pooh but it gives us the chance to get into the Magic Kingdom early. An evening meal also needs to be found for Epcot when we see Illuminations. This is hard. It could be Teppen Edo but not sure about it. Maybe Biergarten but again I'm unsure. Both have situations where the 6 of us could have another couple on the table with us. I know many of reading this will enjoy this. To me it screams AWKWARD. Coral Reef is another possibility along with Chefs De France. We may also find room for a meal at the Turf Club at Saratoga Springs.

There is a few offsite places I'd like to try. In reality I think it will be one or two(if that)from these, Bahama Breeze, Tony Romas and Longhorns Steakhouse. I think when we go to Seaworld one of these could be visited. Manny's Chophouse on the way back from Busch is an outside bet. A meal at Citiwalk will also happen on our overnight stay at HRH. I think we will see on the day but it could be Bubba Gumps or Jimmy Buffets.

**** NEW ENTRY TO THE LIST**** Teaks Neighbourhood Bar and Grill. I've seen the pictures, I've dribbled and drooled and I'm adding it to the list. *new update* I'm going to attempt the burger challenge.

The provisional table service list

TRex
Rainforest Cafe
Cinderella's Royal Table
Tusker House
1900 Park Fare
Yachtsman Steakhouse
Crystal Palace
Akershaus
Hoop De Do Review
Be Our Guest
Ohana
Hollywood and Vine
Mama Melrose
Undecided Epcot Meal
Undecided DTD/ Turf Club
Undecided offsite meal
Undecided Citiwalk meal.
Possible Star Wars character meal.
Teaks Neighbourhood Bar and Grill

I will put the final list of ADR's once we've booked.

Counter Service Eats

Last time we had A LOT of counter service meals left. Hopefully we will make better use of them this time. We discovered Earl Of Sandwich quite late last time (more realistically the queue was always to bloody long).This is a must for us as well as Wolfgang Puck at the Marketplace at DTD. A fantastic use of a c/s credit. Nothing else really stands out from last time, we did go to Pesco Bills and Cosmic Rays at MK. I think this is one area where we won't plan to much and just see what we fancy at the time. Having said that Yak And Yeti looks nice. The c/s options at SSR look better than at OKW so hopefully we will get more use out of them there than we did at OKW. We also have the car this time so it maybe easier to visit the close by food court at POR. At non Disney places there won't be too much planning, eat what we see kind of thing but I'll admit Krusty Burger at US has a novelty appeal for me. Any shopping trips will be softened for me with the thought of an awesome food court. Five Guys in particular. I won't eat them in this country (the burgers,not Five Guys) as I don't want ruin the magnificence of those burgers. To be honest there are so many places I could eat. I'm putting on weight thinking about it.

Snacks

Our consumption of snack credits was pretty poor last time. We ended wasting loads at Goofys Candy Co on the final day. We will really try to use one a day and try many of the amazing snacks that we you can see in food reports that we seemed to miss. I will say I don't think I will be prepared to try a Funnel Cake again. Vile, deep fried nastiness.

I think more use of credits for ice creams will be a good use of a credit.

That's all for now.

Thanks for reading.

George.

Edited at 06:54 AM.