Notices

Old 5 Jan 15, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903
Disney Dreaming :)

Redrach1903's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
:) A Peachy Adventure - October 2015 - Updated 10th October

I shall begin by explaining the title of this trippy. It’s simple really. This is our wedding trip and once I marry Chris my new name will be Rachael Peachey Ta da! Clever right?! Ahem….. moving on!

Cast
Unfortunately there has been one major change to the cast. On 12th October 2014 my mother tragically passed away. It came completely out of the blue. None of us could believe it (still don’t actually). Chris was offshore in the Middle East and my poor sister was half way through her honeymoon, so it was just a nightmare.

We talked about cancelling the wedding in Florida and just having a simple one here, but the more I spoke to family, the more I was convinced sticking with our plan was the right thing to do. It’s what my mum would have wanted. So, while I have no doubt that our wedding day will be amazing, there will also be a massive void in the absence of my mum

Anyway, now that I’ve depressed everyone….let me introduce you to the cast!

Me – Rachael. 29 years old, will be 30 (ugh!) when we go. Massive Disney fan and I adore each and every thing about WDW. I fall in love with it more every visit. Chris often asks me if I worry I’ll get bored of it. Never! I also really enjoy Universal and IoA and am super excited for Diagon Alley! I can’t control my eating when in Florida. I’m a sucker for all the yummy food and I adore a Disney treat!

Fiancé – Chris. 28 years old (will be 29 when we go). Not as big on Disney as me. I think it’s safe to say that he just tolerates some things for me (parades, character meets etc.). Bless him Having said that, he does kind of get swept away by it all! He can often be found having a right good rake in the shops and has an ever growing collection of Disney merch! He is also a very keen golfer and a big lover of American nom nom especially chicken wings and turkey legs.

We will become husband and wife on 20th October 2015 <3

Jake (J going forward for this trippy!) – Chris’s son and my soon to be official step son (gulp – haha kidding!). He is 6. He’s a very lucky boy and has already been to Orlando a couple of times with his Mum and her family. We both think he was probably too young to really enjoy it and that this will be a much better age for him. He’s not exactly known for his bravery, so we’re kinda hoping after a year at school he will be more up for trying new things! If not, we’ll just trick him onto rides Hahaha! Watch this space!

Isn’t he a cutie pie?

There will be other cast members floating in and out of my trip report, but the only other one I’ll mention now is my sister, Emma (Redemma13 to you). She is 32. I’m super excited that we will back in Orlando together once more and I’m sure we will manage some sister Disney time together Here she is on her wedding day, isn’t she lovely? That’s Paul, my brother in law with her…. Obvs! Haha!

I’m not going to list everyone else and bore you with their life stories! You are saved!

Background

So since it’s our wedding trip I guess I should share some background info on Chris & I….

We first met in March 2011 when I started a new job. (Actually, Chris will tell you we first met during my interview, but I don’t remember him from that day – terrible I know!) Anyway, we were introduced during my induction and saw one another going about the building. I thought he was cute, but I never thought of acting on it.

Anyway, about a month or so after I started Chris added me on Facebook and we began chatting on there and work email. Because Chris was offshore when we first started talking we couldn’t go out on a date or anything, so Chris would call me pretty much every day and we would yap for ages. It was really good getting to know each other so well before even sitting down together!

We had our first official date on 4th May 2011. It’s really funny thinking back to it because we didn’t want anyone at work to know, so we were very careful about picking a venue where we wouldn’t be rumbled! Hahaha! Our first date was so good; we just talked and talked for hours. Chris was a proper gent and dropped me at my door with just a wee peck on the cheek! Ha!

Things escalated pretty quickly for us I guess, we both knew it was serious very early on. We had met each other’s family within a month or so and about a month after that I met Jake. He was only 2 at the time. I was more nervous meeting him than I was meeting his folks! If a kid takes a disliking to you then you’re kinda screwed, but thankfully we got along great and continue to have a fantastic relationship . Not long after that Chis treated me to a holiday in Abu Dhabi and we had a brilliant 9 nights there in September 2011.

In June 2012 we moved in together to a lovely rented house. We are still there now, but we are really hoping to have our own place before the wedding. Fingers crossed!

In May 2013 Chris & I had our first holiday to Orlando together. He had booked the whole thing as a surprise and it was the most amazing holiday ever because on the last night he got down on one knee and asked me to marry him

Decision making
Shortly after we came back we started looking into options for the wedding. I really wanted to get married in Florida, but put that to the back of my mind because I thought it was unfair to ask people to travel. So, we went and looked at a few venues in Aberdeenshire, but nothing was taking our fancy and anything that did was ridiculously priced. We sat down and spoke about it and decided we should get married abroad, but do an all-inclusive location like Jamaica or Mexico so that people know exactly what they are paying etc. I started doing some research, but I think Chris knew it wasn’t what I really wanted and he asked me one night why I didn’t want to get married in Florida. I explained that I was worried about the money folk would have to spend and that people would think we were selfish etc. He told me that we shouldn’t worry about what everyone else thinks and just go with our hearts. At the end of the day Florida is special to us and it was where we both really wanted to do it. We spoke to our parents and they were all happy with our choice, so that was that! Minds made up!

Venue
Now, venue hunting! I looked into a few options and nothing really got me that excited. If money was no object I’d obviously have chosen Disney’s wedding pavilion, but hey, we can’t have it all! Haha! Chris then suggested The Bohemian at Celebration. We had visited this hotel by fluke the year we got engaged. We had gone for a drive to see what Celebration was like and as usual, I needed the loo! I asked the nice man at the door of the Bohemian if I could use their toilet and he happily obliged. I thought it was a beautiful hotel and gushed to Chris about it. I later found out that he was already thinking it would be the perfect place for us to get married and had even asked the guy if they did weddings while I was in the toilet! I didn’t even know we were getting engaged at this point!

Anyway, I had kind of dismissed it because I thought it would be really expensive, but then I found Central Florida Weddings and the lovely Heidi! They offered a really fantastic wedding package, so I began emailing Heidi back and forth to find out more details. It didn’t take long for us to decide that this was what we wanted. We went to see my parents the following evening to discuss it. They were happy as long as we were, so Dad paid the deposit for us there and then! And that was that, our wedding was booked for 20th October 2015.

That was on 20th August 2013! We had a wee while to wait! I thought it would drag, but I honestly can’t believe it’s in under 10 months!

Here’s a picture of The Bohemian:

Squeal! I just love it!

Cheeky visit
We decided towards the end of 2013 to book to go back to Orlando in May 2014 to check out the venue properly and meet Heidi to discuss the ceremony. Ok, that’s a bit of an excuse as everything was very well explained over email, but still, it was fab to be able to do that ok! So we met with Natalie (Events Manager at the hotel), Heidi (Wedding Coordinator) and Jay (our Officiant) in May and it was really great to have everything explained in person and have a proper tour of the hotel. We are so in love with our choice of venue.

Accommodation and Dates
In August this year, after A LOT of searching, we found a perfect villa. We wanted somewhere a lot closer to everything this year and we have really scored with our choice. It is in Indian Creek which is literally a couple of minutes from the 192 and only 4 miles to the Animal Kingdom, so pretty perfect. The villa is beautiful too and we got a really good price which includes pool and spa heat. Every review I have read gives it 10/10 and the owners seem lovely. I’ve spoken to them on the phone and they couldn’t have been more helpful. Delighted! Aaaaaaand it’s called Celebration Villa! Could that BE more appropriate!

SO! Dates! We are going for 17 nights arriving on 12th Oct. This gives us a full week before the wedding to get things organized such as getting our wedding license, hair and make-up trials for me and lots of other things I’m sure!

We have booked the villa for the entire time, but we will stay at the Bohemian the night of the wedding.

Flights
Choosing flights was the usual palaver! I have said so on many occasions, but it’s a bloody nightmare travelling from Aberdeen. You folks down south have no idea how lucky you are

We wanted to avoid having to stop twice, but the BA and Virgin prices were verging on laughable! We also couldn’t fly with a charter airline because we were staying an odd number of nights. So, on Hogmanay Chris found a great deal via eBookers for Aberdeen – Amsterdam – Atlanta – Orlando, returning Orlando – Detroit – Paris – Aberdeen with KLM and Delta. £423 each. We couldn’t sniff at that price. Everything else we had looked at was coming in at over £600. So we snapped them up.

The one big plus for flying indirect is clearing immigration and customs in Atlanta, meaning we can walk straight out at Orlando. Hurrah!

Chris also got a good deal on upgrading us to Economy Comfort on both of the long haul flights for £252 for all 3 of us! Yay!

So there you have it, all booked up!

Other bits and bobs
I have started looking at cakes. I think I am going to order one from Publix as I’ve heard some great reviews and they look fab without costing a fortune. And I have a lovely Mickey and Minnie Wedding topper that Chris bought me for Christmas

I have also been recommended Beaute Speciale for my hair and make-up and have been in touch with them. They were very helpful and sent me lots of information. I will send them a booking form and deposit in a few months’ time.

OH! I nearly forgot! Invites! I got my invites done by Lisa (Dibber Miss_Mouse). I absolutely adore them, they are super cute and Lisa was an absolute pleasure to do business with. What a babe <3.

We have invited around 90 people including partners and kids, but we are expecting half or less to actually come, but you never know. We currently have about 35 confirmed, but are still waiting for some folk to let us know. I’ll be happy if it sticks at 35 to be honest – I think that’s a good number!

So that’s about it for now I think. I am going wedding dress shopping this weekend with my sister and my cousin, so stay tuned for updates (if you want…haha!)

Life Update - 9th Jan

Wedding Dress update - 30th Jan

Hotel booked - 5th February

Hair and make-up booked - 4th March

ESTAs completed - 19th March

Tickets update - 8th April

MNSSHP Update - 9th April

Foody Update - 23rd April

Several updates - 30th April

Wedding rings! - 5th May

Chris got some work! - 7th May

Sneaky extra ADR and Jake has plans! - 8th June

Life update and bits & bobs - 22nd June

Car Hire - 23rd June

Shoes & Villa - 3rd July

Few updates - 20th July

Heaps of news - 27th July

Couple of updates - 6th August

A few updates - 7th September

Wedding meal, FastPasses, Music & More! - 17th September

Spends and more FastPasses - 21st September

Sneaky extra, reshuffle of plans and Delta call - 23rd September

Groom/husband gift

More FPs, cake, nails, T-Rex - 25th September

More FPs, packing, HRC reservation - 28th September

Various updates! - 7th October

Final update - 10th October

Edited at 01:39 PM.
Redrach1903 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 15, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post
twinkleshmoo
Very Serious Dibber

So sorry to hear about your mum Rachael, what a horrible shock. Good luck with wedding dress shopping, look forward to reading your updates x
Old 5 Jan 15, 11:54 AM  
Link to this Post
twinkleshmoo
Very Serious Dibber

Forgot to say that we went to celebration for the first time in our August trip last year. We loved it and had the best breakfast ever at the Market Street Cafe. Your wedding hotel is in a really beautiful setting
Old 5 Jan 15, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903

Redrach1903's Reviews
Originally Posted by twinkleshmoo View Post
So sorry to hear about your mum Rachael, what a horrible shock. Good luck with wedding dress shopping, look forward to reading your updates x
Thank you Lisa xx

Originally Posted by twinkleshmoo View Post
Forgot to say that we went to celebration for the first time in our August trip last year. We loved it and had the best breakfast ever at the Market Street Cafe. Your wedding hotel is in a really beautiful setting
Oh yes, we love Market St Cafe - it's so yummy
Thanks again xx
Redrach1903 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 15, 12:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Jedi Princess
Imagineer

Mobile

So sorry to hear about your Mum.

Looking forward to reading all your updates. I hope you have a lovely day dress shopping.
Old 5 Jan 15, 12:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
So sorry about your mum it must have been a terrible shock for you and your family.

Your wedding plans all sound lovely, I'm looking forward to reading more
Old 5 Jan 15, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
pandanne
Imagineer

Sorry to hear about you mum Rachael. What a terrible shock for you all.

Loving the sound of your wedding plans, and good luck with the dress hunting. Looking forward to reading more. xx
Old 5 Jan 15, 01:11 PM  
Link to this Post

So very sorry to hear the news of your mum, such a shock

Looking forward to hearing more of your wedding, it all sounds fab

Xx
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 15, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903

Redrach1903's Reviews
Originally Posted by Jedi Princess View Post
So sorry to hear about your Mum.

Looking forward to reading all your updates. I hope you have a lovely day dress shopping.
Thank you so much x

Originally Posted by Taffy1959 View Post
So sorry about your mum it must have been a terrible shock for you and your family.

Your wedding plans all sound lovely, I'm looking forward to reading more
Thanks v much. Yes, a massive shock x

Originally Posted by pandanne View Post
Sorry to hear about you mum Rachael. What a terrible shock for you all.

Loving the sound of your wedding plans, and good luck with the dress hunting. Looking forward to reading more. xx
Thank you. Looking forward to trying on some dresses! x

Originally Posted by seriliza View Post
So very sorry to hear the news of your mum, such a shock

Looking forward to hearing more of your wedding, it all sounds fab

Xx
Thank you v much x
Old 5 Jan 15, 03:26 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

Hi Rachael, so sorry to hear about your mum.

I have read your other trip reports, and am looking forward to hearing all about this one and all your planning.

Diane
mrsdjh is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List