Notices

Old 25 Aug 16, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDreamer81
Imagineer

DisneyDreamer81's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by EJSakaAnna View Post
RPR, The Yacht Club & the Disney Dream?! What an amazing trip you have planned !

Between your report and Michelle's I think I might be persuaded that a cruise on the dream is absolutely 100% necessary when we go next
Haha, I'm slightly concerned that I'm going to come back believing that a cruise is 100% necessary on every future trip

Thanks for reading! x
2015 - Disneymoon! Caribbean Beach Resort & Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress
2017 - Yacht Club & Disney Dream
DisneyDreamer81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 16, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDreamer81
Imagineer

Blimey, where has the time gone?! After being roughly 510 days out when we booked this trip, we're now at 380 days! So roughly a quarter of the time has passed and I'm not entirely sure how. I'm not complaining though - get me on that plane NOW!

Since 2nd May I've seen my husband for a total of 14 days, due to his new job. It's been pretty hard at times but luckily I'm pretty independent and LOVE my own space so I've been making the most of it with plenty of sofa time (no one to fight with me over the remote ) and lots of weekends away visiting my far flung friends. I've actually just got back from a hen do in Ibiza and I'm still recovering (mainly financially - that place is NOT CHEAP :angry so am hoping life is going to calm down a little bit for a while now.

Planning wise, I paid the deposit for our Universal tickets yesterday. I bought the 3 Park Explorer ticket from Floridatix as they seemed to be the cheapest, plus got cashback through Quidco (only 2% but every little helps!). I'd been waiting for them to release tickets that include Volcano Bay as the plans for it look so good. I LOVE water parks but the husband isn't so keen, due to his huge fear of water/drowning, so my plan is that he can just read while I explore. I might even buy him a cocktail or two to sweeten the deal

Not a huge amount to report apart from that, although I have bought a few bits and pieces from Primark, etc, for the holiday. What can I say, I'm super organised! I'll pop a few pictures up in a future post.

One thing I am a bit concerned about is our stay at RPR. I made the booking the day before the EU Referendum and, as a result, got an amazing deal. But, like an idiot, I opted for deposit only (which actually never got taken, come to think of it ) and so payment for it will be at the rate as it is when we stay. I'm watching all the hotel sites like a hawk, hoping to book and pay in full for a similar rate as the one I got back in June, but it's not looking good. So fingers crossed for either a brilliant deal or a massive change in the exchange rate before we go. I know there's plenty of time yet but I just like having things sorted!

I think that's it for now. More news as we have it!
DisneyDreamer81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 16, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
vitfa
Imagineer

What an amazing trip planned x
Old 13 Sep 16, 02:26 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDreamer81
Imagineer

Originally Posted by vitfa View Post
What an amazing trip planned x
Thankyou! We're so excited! x
Old 13 Sep 16, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDreamer81
Imagineer

It's less than a year until we go! 361 days to be precise! Woooo!

Also, this finally happened today...

Yep, the booking FINALLY linked with MDE properly. Right on cue as it's 365 days until we check in at Yacht Club... OH YESSSS!

Old 14 Sep 16, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Mobile

How freakin exciting!
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 16, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyLass
Earning More Ears

Woohoo thats so exciting! I started my countdown at around 700 days so very happy to be almost at 365 now lol :-)
DisneyLass is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 17, 03:01 PM  
Link to this Post
sweety_pie_747
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by DisneyDreamer81 View Post
A little update!

So, I've been browsing prices for HRH/RPR over the last couple of weeks. After reading a few trippies recently, I'd 99% decided on RPR but thought I'd let the price have the final say! Well, on Expedia last week 4 nights at RPR was £656, which I thought was pretty good based on prices I've seen in other reports. I was mad busy at work though so decided to leave it for a bit longer. I looked again yesterday and it was down to £635 but I still didn't book for some reason. At lunchtime today it was down to £629! I couldn't wait any longer so have booked a Standard King room through ebookers.com for four nights - 9th-13th September 2017! Also got 10% cashback which has tracked already, so that brings it down to about £141.75 a night. I'm pretty happy with that price to be honest! However, it's free cancellation so if I suddenly happen across a much better deal (although I doubt I will), I can always cancel and rebook elsewhere.

I cannot wait to be lying by that pool with a cocktail or two!

So the itinerary is now:

9th-13th September - RPR
13th-25th September -Yacht Club
25th-29th September - Disney Dream

20 nights! Eeek! I'd better stop adding on extra nights soon I think Although I am tempted to try and get a night at one of the DVC resorts for after we've disembarked from the cruise, just to extend it a little bit more and delay the return to reality for longer

Not much else to report at the moment. My husband is away with work until the beginning of August so I'm home alone and spending my time VERY wisely reading as many trip reports as I can! I've also just set up a savings account with a regular weekly transfer of £25, which should hopefully cover our holiday (cocktail) spends by the time September 2017 finally rolls around.

Thanks for reading!

Hey!

Your holiday sounds pretty much the same as mine! We are staying HRH 11th until 14th Sept, Beach Club (we couldn't get Yacht ) for 11 nights and then the Disney Dream cruise on the 25th. We are staying at OKW for a couple of nights after the cruise too

I'll give you a wave if I see you!
sweety_pie_747 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 17, 11:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumba75
Imagineer

Pumba75's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 23
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Your plans sound amazing.

Mrs P
Pumba75 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 17, 02:59 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDreamer81
Imagineer

Sooooooo, long time no update!

There is a very good reason for that though... we might not be able to go To cut a long story short, my husband is in the army and they're being difficult about his leave and there's not guarantee it'll be sorted out before we have to make final payments, etc. If the worst comes to the worst, we're hoping to change the booking to Spring next year. We don't have flights booked yet, thankfully, so am hoping it wouldn't be too difficult/costly to amend the booking. If that does have to happen, I'm hoping for a last minute deal (once his leave is sorted out) to either New York or an all inclusive resort somewhere hot and amazing.

The frustrating thing is that there's a still a chance we will be able to go this year as planned. As our ADR is this Friday (yikes!), I figure I'd better actually make some reservations in case we can go. But I'm basically going to be making bookings for places that we might not actually be able to go to. Sob.

I know worse things happen at sea but after a pretty difficult couple of years, it's a bit of a blow!

I will keep you all updated, either way, but this may become a March 2018 pre-trippy at some point