Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 30 Oct 17, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
7beebee
Proud to wear my Ears

Restaurant reservation.

I booked to go to the boathouse for my friends birthday on the 12th november, booked via my disney park ticket thing. Never done it before, do you just arrive on the day and say you have a reservation or do I need my disney ticket for them to see my booking. Not got a clue.
7beebee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 17, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post

Your name is usually good enough. As long as you have a confirmation - it's booked.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 17, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
gettingthere
Imagineer

You dont book restaurant with a park ticket...Is it booked through your MDE(my disney experience)If so you just turn and give your name
Old 30 Oct 17, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
7beebee
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by gettingthere View Post
You dont book restaurant with a park ticket...Is it booked through your MDE(my disney experience)If so you just turn and give your name
Yeah sorry that's what I meant.
Thanks.
7beebee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 17, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
It’s really just like making any dining reservation as you would at home. Just turn up, tell them you have a reservation and give your name.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 17, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We had dinner at Narcoossee's in February. We weren't staying at GF nor anywhere on site nor did we have any park tickets.

I did actually print out the reservation in case I needed to show it at the car park barrier but when we got to the restaurant I simply said "we have a reservation at 7.40, the name's xxxxxxxxxxxx". That was all we needed.

Mick
Old 31 Oct 17, 07:20 AM  
Link to this Post
eastendpar
Excited about Disney

eastendpar's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by mick View Post
We had dinner at Narcoossee's in February. We weren't staying at GF nor anywhere on site nor did we have any park tickets.

Mick
Mick

Is it easy enough to get parked? We are doing something similar next week. An 8:30 sitting and then watching “Holiday Wishes”. I believe we get 3 hours parking on site of GF but not sure.
eastendpar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 17, 10:05 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by eastendpar View Post
Mick

Is it easy enough to get parked? We are doing something similar next week. An 8:30 sitting and then watching “Holiday Wishes”. I believe we get 3 hours parking on site of GF but not sure.
Hi

To be honest it wasn't that easy to find a parking spot at GF even though we had a reservation. It was a Saturday evening and we were having dinner to celebrate our Golden Wedding anniversary.

Luckily we deliberately arrived early so that I could request a window table overlooking the castle so that we could see Wishes. We drove round the car park shown to us by the security guy around 4 times before we spotted someone heading for their car.

I suppose that's why they limit parking to residents and diners (although a few Dibbers do suggest that they don't always enforce that rule :angry: )

Maybe we could have paid for valet parking at $25 plus tips but when you're paying $150+ for dinner for two I think that you should be able to park without paying a surcharge.

The other option would have been to park at DS and catch a WDW bus.

Mick
Old 31 Oct 17, 11:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Pampar
slightly serious Dibber

Thanks Mick. We will consider the options, maybe even organise an Uber so we can both drink.🍺🥂