Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 17 Aug 18, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Issytot
Excited about Disney

Mobile Some reassurance about FoP and larger riders. I've just ridden it!

Wow. That is THE best ride I've ever been on. It was also what I was most scared on not fitting on. Since booking the trip 16 months ago I've been watching every YouTube video about fitting on. I spoke to @bigshaz and @cazzius about their experiences after reading their trip reports and they gave me loads of information.

I'm currently 5' 2" and 288lbs, size 24-26. I have massive calves. I'll attach a photo so you can see my size (very unflattering but the aim of this post is to reassure people so I'm being honest) (in next post) I've lost 36lbs in the last 3 months or I would not have fit on.

I tried the test seat at the front and wasnt embarrassed as the CM was helpful. He had to push at the back support to get it to fit but it did so I got on the ride. It is very tight and very restrictive, but my size 10 daughter said it was on her also so I think that's how they set it on everyone.

My husband is skinny and 6' 4" and the CM suggested he should try the seat too as his feet are size 13 and legs very long, but he was fine as well.

On the ride they put all the back and leg rests up at once and then the CM came and gave a little shove at the leg rests which then fit.

It was OUTSTANDING! I was really overcome by how amazing it was.

The 36lb loss was worth it. I've given up added sugar (except at Disney, obvs) 😉 so the lifestyle change has helped. My daughter's suitcase weighed 36lbs on the way out, it was amazing to lift it and realise just how much weight that was. It's given me the determination to continue after our holiday.

I just thought it would be good to get this information out in case anyone was as nervous as me.

Edited at 08:49 AM.
Issytot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 18, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill247
Excited about Disney

That's great you got to ride and congratulations on your weight loss!
Gill247 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 18, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
sunseeker100
VIP Dibber

Well done on your weight loss!
Old 18 Aug 18, 08:43 AM  
Link to this Post
clochette
Apprentice Imagineer

Good for you! Glad you got to ride. I am so looking forward to FOP.
clochette is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 18, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post
JessBlu
Imagineer

Mobile

Well done !
Keep going
I started jogging at a similar weight to you I am now running the 5k every other day and 6 stone down !
It was the kick my body needed.
JessBlu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 18, 11:54 AM  
Link to this Post
dannigizmo
Serious Dibber

Thanks for this post am a plus size girl and a little anxious about it in a few weeks...this has helped reassure me. Glad u loved it and well done in your weight loss so far! dx
dannigizmo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 18, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Issytot
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by JessBlu View Post
Well done !
Keep going
I started jogging at a similar weight to you I am now running the 5k every other day and 6 stone down !
It was the kick my body needed.

Wow! 6 stone, that is amazing! Well done. I detest running but I know I'll have to mix in some exercise soon to keep the weight loss going.
Well done 🏃🏃🏃
Old 20 Aug 18, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Lozzle09
Gone all Goofy

Well done on your weightloss! Thats a fantastic achievement!

We are going in 2 weeks and this is the ride that worries me the most, i am like you, watching you tube videos, googling it just to see if i will fit.

I will be gutted if i don't fit.

I have been trying to lose weight for going but have not really been successful.

Thank you for posting this, it has helped put my mind at ease a bit.

Lauren xx
Lozzle09 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 18, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
MinnieMermaid
Excited about Disney

My boyfriend actually couldn't get on FOP unfortunately - he is freakishly tall at 6ft7 and because his legs are so long the supports at the back of the calves wouldn't secure.
He was super disappointed
MinnieMermaid is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 18, 03:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney4ever
VIP Dibber

Disney4ever's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Well done on your weight loss. I also have very large calves and would be concerned about fitting on the ride but this is very reassuring.
98DLP; Feb99 Travldge; Oct00 IndWells; Oct02 IndWells; Dec04 DLP DL Hotel; Apr09 PalmsHotel; Jul10 CumbLakes; Aug11 St. AugAS MoviesYacht Club; Aug13 CumbLakes; Jul14 FloPines; Mar15 CumbLakes; Aug15 IntDriveCabBayVeroBeachAoA; Aug16 Canada,Anaheim,San Diego; Mar17 CumbLakes; Mar18 RadissonCelebration; Mar19 CumbLakes; Nov19 AS Sports; Dec21 Encantada; Jun22 Encantada; AugSep22 SF,Canada,Anaheim,SanDiego; May23 Islamorada,Encantada; Sep23 Encantada; Jan24 POP
Disney4ever is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List