Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 19 Aug 18, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
anna68
VIP Dibber

anna68's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile FOP and scaredy 7yr old

I would love to do this but only me and my daughter (7) travelling. She did soarin last year but wasn't a big fan. Do you think she could ride but without glasses? Or should I admit defeat on this one.
anna68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 18, 10:09 AM  
Link to this Post
parkgirl
VIP Dibber

parkgirl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 14
Mobile

Admit defeat I think. It’s 100 times more intense. I rode and closed my eyes but a child may find it too intense.
CSR October 2011, POFQ May 2012, POP July 2012, SSR April 2013, OKW Oct 2014, OKW July 2016, All Stars Music April 2017, OKW/BLT July 2018, All Stars Sports Oct 2019, Riviera May 2022, GFR/AKL Oct 2022, Disney 5K Riviera/copper creek 2024, SSR Aug 2024
parkgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 18, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post
kellsbells
Imagineer

I think it would be worse without the glasses as it'll be all blurry and might make her feel sick. It is more intense than Soarin' but she might feel differently because of the way you are seated on FOP (no dangling legs!). My sister won't go on the front row of Soarin because of that but absolutely loved FOP and went on it several times. I would try and go on it if you can convince her, it's such an amazing ride!

kellsbells is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 18, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
hattyho
Getting Excited

Mobile

My 6 year old “soarin lover” hated FOP last year. A combination of the glasses being too big & the pulsating of the seat. His face drops every time we mention it now - I doubt he’ll ever go back on!
hattyho is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 18, 11:00 AM  
Link to this Post
anna68
VIP Dibber

anna68's Reviews
Mobile

Sounds like I'll have to save it for another visit!
anna68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 18, 11:02 AM  
Link to this Post
nquart
Very Serious Dibber

nquart's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
For our DD it was the drops she didn't like on FOP, she doesn't like the feeling in her stomach. But she loved Soarin, go figure!
nquart is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 18, 05:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Goofys Guest
Gone all Goofy

Mobile

My sons a ride wimp too. He’s pushed himself on more than I expected him to though. He enjoyed soarin. He enjoyed most of FOP but there were some swoops down that he found very intense but found looking sideways to me at those points took the intensity off if that helps. It is very realistic.
Goofys Guest is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 18, 06:05 AM  
Link to this Post
salmon70
Imagineer

Mobile

We've got a FP for both Soarin and FOP next week. Had them last year but we're both too ill to go on them. Can I please ask how intense is FOP please? I know you're meant to feel like you're riding on a banshee (think thats what it is I've no idea lol) but when you're strapped in, does the floor move or something? How does it all work? My DD is worried she will be sick 😐.

Thank you
salmon70 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 18, 07:19 AM  
Link to this Post
anna68
VIP Dibber

anna68's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by salmon70 View Post
We've got a FP for both Soarin and FOP next week. Had them last year but we're both too ill to go on them. Can I please ask how intense is FOP please? I know you're meant to feel like you're riding on a banshee (think thats what it is I've no idea lol) but when you're strapped in, does the floor move or something? How does it all work? My DD is worried she will be sick 😐.

Thank you
Best thing to do is look on you tube. There is wind/water and the thing under you does a breathing movement I believe
Old 20 Aug 18, 09:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Th1nkT1nk
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by salmon70 View Post

Thank you
Imagine being sat on a motorbike with pressure behind ur back and lower legs to keep you strapped in. The motorbike is then raised up towards the 3D screen and tilts and moves around. There is a pulsing feeling in the seat to mimic the breathing of the banshee (so clever!) It is surprisingly smooth but the effect is incredibly realistic and exhilarating!

My dd (6) adored it but is a bit of a dare devil with such things. The biggest concern for me with a nervous child would be the fact that they are seated alone - you can reach across to them, but you would struggle to comfort them other than a bit of a hand hold! X