Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 8 Sep 17, 11:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Persnicketty
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by ColinG View Post
Excellent pics there! Think we will be heading south from mco.
You're getting all the best advice possible from Mick and others, Colin.

We found this youtube video useful for familiarisation, heading south from MCO car rental pick up, heading onto the Airport South Exit and then along the 417 to Kissimmee. (Same route as the Magical Express to WDW)

From starting the engine to arriving at our villa in Terra Verde it was less than 25 mins.

Persnicketty is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 17, 08:54 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Persnicketty View Post
You're getting all the best advice possible from Mick and others, Colin.

We found this youtube video useful for familiarisation, heading south from MCO car rental pick up, heading onto the Airport South Exit and then along the 417 to Kissimmee. (Same route as the Magical Express to WDW)

From starting the engine to arriving at our villa in Terra Verde it was less than 25 mins.

Thanks for that.

What I know about Uber, Lynx, hotel shuttles, DME, DDP, ADRs etc. after 30+ trips can be written on the back of a postage stamp in size 72 font.

But having driven maybe 45,000 miles in the Sunshine State I try to help where I can on these driving threads.

Mick
Old 9 Sep 17, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post
katie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ColinG View Post
Excellent pics there! Think we will be heading south from mco, unless the wife wants to visit the outlets before a trip to the villa!

Drino, Im worried about getting chase from the sherrif like smokey and the bandit as im gulity of forgetting to 'cross reference' the speedo to the road limits! Sometimes i wander a few mph as my right foot is 3oz heavier than my left.
I worry about speed too though I'm not inclind to speed at all. I just set the cruise control & use that to keep me within the law. It means that I can concentrate on what is going on around me instead of looking at the speedo constantly - especially on the I4.
Old 9 Sep 17, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
V8Pops
Dancing with Tink'

Hi ! At MCO ;
If your an Avis Preferred member,(free to sign up) you go straight to the parking garage, avoiding the counter queue`s .
If its your first rental go the the hut and they will check your payment card and driving license , after this, any further booking`s.. there are display boards ( like flight detail boards ) visible as you walk into the garage , check for your name and it will tell you the bay number your car is in .
CHECK INVOICE SHOWS $0 ! Thats $0 !
If not find out why before leaving the garage !
IF your happy with your allocated car, the keys are in it, drive to the exit, show payment card and driving license and off you goooooooooo ..
IF you have booked an intermediate or above group car, and you dont like your allocated car, look for the "exchange row". and swap at no extra cost .OR look for the "upgrade row " the daily $$ upgrade cost is shown in the windscreen , again , drive to barrier and show payment card and driving license and off you goooooooooo ..
Tolls ; Avis charge $3.95 per day for the sunpass device + tolls . but theyve set a maximum fee fee of $19.95 for a month, for the sunpass device+ tolls .
Makes life easier..no change to find or stopping on-route to wallyworld !
V8Pops is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 17, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Drino
Excited about Disney

I was doing 72 in a 50...altho i had a v6 4.2 or something under bonnet...lol...didnt realise...has asked me when i was going back and didnt want my vacation to be ruined..so booked me for doing 58 in a 50..if i can remember instead of $180 fine it was $80 which i paid when i got home... now i drive to limit...
Drino is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List