Notices

Old 11 May 18, 06:31 AM  
Link to this Post
debojahh
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
I've loved reading your pre-trippie so far! We fly out 27th October and are staying at RPR on 1st November!

I have always wanted to go to New York, but Mr Grump (Hubby) has said we can do it once the kid's are older as it's not really their sort of thing ... I'm so jelous!

My friend seen Wicked on Broadway and said it was absolutely phenomenal. I've seen it in Sunderland once and London 3 times now and I could watch it again tomorrow, such a fab production if you change your mind from The Book Of Mormon.

Can't wait to follow the rest of your report, not sure about you but for me reading other's reports gets me so excited and I've picked up so many hints and tips! X
Hi! Thanks for reading

How exciting, we're big fans of Universal so staying 1 night always makes sense.

New York is my brainchild and Arron has just gone along with it. Once we're there he'll love it. Hopefully you get to go at some point!

Ha Arron saw Wicked once a long time ago, I think Lion King would be our second choice if needs be. But we'll probably grab those tickets in summer as abailibity seems to be a bit on and off at the moment.

I love other people's trips and seeing how people do things differently to us. Will keep this pre trip updated as much as I can too!
debojahh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 18, 03:24 PM  
Link to this Post
debojahh
VIP Dibber

New update 12/05

Hi all

A quick update...

I've been keeping an eye on Statue of Liberty tickets and found they were on sale last Saturday. So plumped for Crown tickets. Huzzah!

We have booked for 9am on October 18th which was $43 for both of us, as it was the earliest available time. I think it'll be a good way to start our first full day in NYC and we shouldn't have to get up TOO early!

The other development is not booked BUT while I was looking at Broadway tickets the other day I found a new show starts previews on October 5th...

King Kong Alive, so a new show in the Broadway mix! Arron has stated that he is quite interested in it. So we may grab tickets for the 8pm show on the 18th too.

No further Orlando updates yet, sorry!
debojahh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 18, 05:17 PM  
Link to this Post
debojahh
VIP Dibber

Itinerary update

Hi

There hasn't been much movement on booking anything else yet unfortunately
One thing I was hoping to get was a Post Office credit card with 0% non sterling fees and 28 months interest free...however they declined me
So as i work for American Express I got an interest free credit card through them instead

I know there are opinions on here about paying on credit. But the plan is to take mostly cash now and just use the credit card for any tickets etc in the meantime

But our itinerary so far is...

Pre-travel day
Leave our flat in Brighton and get the National Express to Heathrow T3. Coach is 13:25-15:50.
Head from T3 over to T4 and check into the Premier Inn. Eat in the Thyme restaurant and maybe a drink in the bar.

Travel day
Be up around 7 to shower and head down for breakfast. Leave the hotel before 9am and get the train to T3. Check in for flight, flying on VS3 at 11:50 to JFK.
Land around 14:50 and get a yellow cab to Distrikt hotel.
Probably wander to Times Square and have dinner at Shake Shack or similar.

Day 1
Leave hotel around 7-7:30 and get either subway or Uber to Statue of Liberty. Crown tickets for 9am, go to Ellis Island and probably be back to Battery Park around midday.
Possibly 9/11 Memorial and walk the Brooklyn Bridge.
Evening, dinner and head to Midtown Comics etc

Day 2
Empire State building in the morning.
Ghostbusters Firehouse for Arron. From here walk to the Highline and to Chelsea Market.
Dinner and possibly King Kong at 8pm.

Day 3
Central Park as main focus with Museum of Natural History.
Go to Macy's and Grand Central terminal.
Top of the Rock at dusk followed by dinner.

Day 4
Leave bags at hotel.
New York public library and a wander, back to the hotel to get a taxi to JFK around midday.
Flight to MCO at 15:25 and land at 18:24.
No immigration so hopefully straight out on the ME to Pop Century.
Check in then head to Disney Springs for dinner at D-Luxe burger

Day 5
8:50 breakfast at BoG
Magic Kingdom morning
Epcot afternoon
Food and Wine evening.

Day 6
Hollywood Studios morning
Animal Kingdom afternoon
MNSSHP in the evening

Day 7
Breakfast in DS
Hollywood Studios late morning
Magic Kingdom afternoon and evening
Dinner at Peco's Bill

Day 8
Breakfast at POP?
Animal Kingdom morning
Hollywood Studios afternoon
Epcot evening

Day 9
Checkout of POP Century
Magic Kingdom morning
Lunch at 12:10 at BoG
Check into Rosen at Pointe
Evening either Millers or Halloween Horror Nights

Day 10
Possibly Spooky Empire in the day, but otherwise Universal and IOA
Possible evening at HHN, otherwise Margaritaville?

Day 11
Uni and IOA all day
HHN

Day 12
Breakfast at Kekes
Maybe I-Drive/Shopping
Cinema in evening

Day 13
Volcano Bay in daytime
Dinner at Teak's

Day 14
Check in to Hard Rock hotel
Use FOLP passes
HHN evening

Day 15
Check out from HRH
Use FOLP
HHN evening

Day 16
Possibly back to Disney daytime?
HHN evening

Day 17
Universal and IOA
Last HHN evening

Day 18
Check out from Rosen
Either Disney or quick morning in Universal
Lunch at Millers dependent on other plans
Uber to airport
MCO flight at 6:45pm

Day 19
Land in LGW at 7:45
Train home.

Any thoughts?

Hoping to have some updates in the next week or two on things we've booked/bought
Old 28 May 18, 12:17 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

I think the plans look really good. Still a little jelous at seeing 19 days haha.

Did you decide against a show in Broadway or have I missed that in your plan? X
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 18, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post
debojahh
VIP Dibber

I think the plans look really good. Still a little jelous at seeing 19 days haha.

Did you decide against a show in Broadway or have I missed that in your plan? X
Hey

Its on Day 2, the King Kong show...otherwise Book of Mormon. But Kong looks really cool.

I know, such a long trip! I have 3 solid weeks off work
Old 29 May 18, 01:07 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Ahh right I seen the KK thing but wasn't aware it was a broadway show, sounds fab x
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 18, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
debojahh
VIP Dibber

Update!

Hiyaaaa!

Everything is coming along nicely now, so i've got another update.

Tickets

I finally booked our MNSSHP tickets.

We paid £162 for 23rd October with Attraction Tickets Direct and the tickets arrived postally today in a cute little package.
I went straight to MDE and scanned the QR codes, so although i'll keep the physical cards...the tickets should be all loaded onto our Magic bands.

I still haven't bought our Broadway tickets yet, there is still availability for King Kong so i'm holding off as I believe we may be getting a ticket release imminently for...

And I want to know what ticket types/prices we can get this year. I think we ideally want Frequent Fear Plus with Express, with an additional night bought separately so fingers crossed something suits us with not too much of a price increase

Shopping

We need to grab some stuff for the holiday including a new suitcase and clothes.
FRom work I actually am due a 'reward' so i'm planning to get a £175 Debenhams giftcard, their Tripp cases are cheap and Arron might want a few shirts.

I thought I needed a new backpack too for NYC and the parks so I bought this.

Its from Mi Pac and when I ordered it was £12 with £2 delivery, it is now back upto £30+

And I ordered 2 pairs of shoes from Getthelabel.com, I still have sandals I can wear and would like some new Skechers nearer the time, but I got these so far:

These were £19.50 and look really comfy, I was hoping proper trainers will be good for walking in New York.

These were about £18, I've never worn Toms but was thinking they could be nice both at home in the UK, and as a more feminine shoe for Disney!

Anyhoo, thats it for now. But i'll keep you posted
Old 6 Jun 18, 10:40 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

That backpack is a steal!

I've been doing survey's and market research to help save up money for our extras.

It's getting so close now isn't it! X
Old 7 Jun 18, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post
debojahh
VIP Dibber

That backpack is a steal!

I've been doing survey's and market research to help save up money for our extras.

It's getting so close now isn't it! X
Ha I know, I had my eye on a different one but thought I was better off saving the money.
I started surveys ages ago but fell out of doing them

It is getting close and I'm so under prepared
Old 7 Jun 18, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

You are definitely not under prepared but I know what you mean, I like things done yesterday x