Notices

Old 29 Sep 17, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Kidd McFluff
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

How lovely, thanks for taking the time to read. I love the idea of us all planning away together 😊
Kidd McFluff is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 17, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I'm really enjoying your pre trippie.

We are also going to OKW but in October😃 Can't wait!

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 17, 08:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
We will be at okw same time too! If I can ever manage to book the flights, still waiting for the right price surely it will come soon.

I made a list of movies for us to watch for our first trip, and then another list for our trip this summer gone as we stopped off in NYC for a few nights so I HAD to watch all the movies set in NYC.

So I'm thinking of films to add to your list. The little mermaid is great and going under the sea with Ariel in MK and the show at HS is much better having watched the movie.

Please watch lilo and stitch it's a fab movie...with a great Elvis soundtrack!

I know you said DD is not into princesses but the frozen ride at Epcot is great and even better if you love the movie.

I could keep adding films forever, now you've got me started on another list...I'll let you pick your own, unless a really good one pops into my head and then I'll be back

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 17, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

I think we should all have a Dibb drink at some point in the bar 🍹
Old 21 Oct 17, 10:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by Jaspercat10 View Post
I think we should all have a Dibb drink at some point in the bar 🍹
Ooh we should! I do love a cocktail!

Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 17, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Kidd McFluff
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

I have already studied the cocktail selection at OKW!
Kidd McFluff is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 17, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
FloridaDave
Imagineer

FloridaDave's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Were going back next August too ... last visit was 2015 which doesn't seem to long ago but it'll be the longest gap between visits since our first 'one off' trip in 2009.

Last few trips we have added in something new each time - last time was particularly fantastic as we added in 4 nights in NYC before heading down to Clearwater and then across to Orlando.

Our v6.0 trip (for which I will do a pre-trip report and then hopefully a full on trip report on our return), we are in very early stages having secured a villa booking for the last part of our stay, booked car hire and booked the flights but the new bit this time is we are flying into Miami so we are going to start our holiday in the Florida Keys before heading north. Other new things are we are going to spend at least two nights staying on site as we have never done that before and hopefully we will get to spend a few nights in Clearwater again too but time may be a factor on that one as we 'only' have 3 weeks and the last 13 nights are in the villa.

My Lindsay is an LSA and our daughter is 14 so we've always been shackled by the school summer holidays meaning we tend to pay way over the odds to go when it's busier (is like a double kick in the privates isn't it), but we managed to get really good flight prices too - over a third less than I was expecting to pay plus although we fly indirect into Miami (but home out of Orlando) we get to experience something new which is the Keys.

Dave
(UPCOMING)2018- Florida V6.0beta (Aug) Pre-Trip Report 2016- Mexico (Aug) Menorca (Oct), 2015- NYC & Florida, 2014- Gran Canaria, Aug (Puerto Rico), 2013- Florida, Aug/Sep (Clearwater and Westhaven Villa) - Pre-Trip Report, 2012- Florida, Aug (Sunset Lakes Villa) - Brangelina Trip Report, 2011- Santorini, Aug (Kamari Hotel - Sisters Wedding), 2010- Florida, Aug (Rolling Hills Villa), 2009- Florida, Aug/Sep (Clear Creek Villa)

Edited at 01:24 PM. Reason: Typos (it's the tablets fault).
FloridaDave is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 17, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Kidd McFluff
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Thanks for taking the time to post Dave. We were lucky enough to spend a few days in NYC in 2007, loved it! School holidays are definitely a pita, only another 28 years until retirement though!😩
Old 2 Feb 18, 03:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Kidd McFluff
slightly serious Dibber

ADR Bookings open

Adr day!

And we've got almost everything we want so far! Several hours were spent refining plans when the park hours came out. The only spanners in works are no dinner at BOG in Aug and having to have a really early tea at Mamma Melrose's for the Fantasia package - not something I'd normally do. I'm really happy with what we've got though and it was pretty easy to use MDE.

We kick off on the 2nd with a 7.15 at Chef Mickeys - did this last year and was so lovely to watch the sun rise over Magic Kingdom on the first morning - did debate doing another character - Park Fare looks lovely, but only Chef Mickey's opens at 7am, and since we are likely to be awake from 4am with jet lag it seemed good to go for an early booking - enables us to make the most of being up and awake so early and I like the idea of a first morning tradition too.

After that we have Prime Time for lunch on the 3rd;
Sci-fi for dinner on either the 4th or 6th (we'll do a beach day on one - will decide nearer the time when we have a weather forecast which one);
Cape May dinner on the 5th;
Tiffins ROL package on the 7th (very excited about this, haven't seen ROL before);
Mamma Melrose Fantasia Package on the 8th (at 3pm which is the latest you can book - what's that all about);
Yak & Yeti dinner on the 10th;
Trails End Brunch and Teppan Edo dinner on the 11th (too much?).

Then booking later this week BOG lunch on the 12th (although breakfast is better bang for buck?) and Jungle Navigation dinner; Ohana's breakfast on the 13th; T-Rex (ds wants to go) on 14th and finishing our week with Wave Cafe breakfast on the 15th before we fly home!

I absolutely love MDE putting picks of all the parks and resorts we're visiting on the itinerary section.
Old 2 Feb 18, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Awesome, I'm glad you got everything you wanted! The Mama Melrose meal we had was great so I'm sure you will love it even though it's early. It looks like you're going to be eating at some fab places.

I was really keen on jungle skipper, so I'm quite jealous, but my DS doesn't eat rice...So I ended up shelving that idea as I didn't want to have him whining the whole time!

It was our ADR day yesterday. I didn't know what was going on with BOG...until a quick search on the Dibb and everyone is speculating about what it means! I've gone for whispering canyon cafe instead, I might change it if BOG opens up, but we've never even been to wilderness lodge so I'm kind of keen to try it out for that reason.