Old 1 Nov 17, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by Cazzius View Post
Hurrah for having a another trip booked. I am going to live vicariously through you as my BF is giving a very firm NO on the Disney front *sulk*

I am very impressed at you being i Orlando and not stepping foot on Disney property, but with so much else to do I am sure fun was had by all.

You seem very calm about the flights to me too. Think i'd be worried about having accommodation booked and no way to get there.

Funnily enough, I had been looking at OKW myself (until BF put the kibosh on it) and thought it looked nice. Walking distance to Disney Springs is a big bonus, and in a head to head the Disney Tourist Blog chose it over Sarasota Springs.

Happy planning, and hope you find your flights soon.
I'm sure you will win him over - plus surely you are due a do-over as your first trip had a false start? I'll keep looking for the flights. Thanks for reading Cazzius.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 17, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by Jaspercat10 View Post
I think we are talking about a Dibb drink 🍷, in between our busy schedules 😂
I do have flights booked my credit card reminds me every day 😬
Do you know what we should all have a drink together, I do like a cocktail . But you are right we will probably have trouble fitting it into our itineraries!

I know what you mean about the credit card, think I will have to wait until after Christmas now to book the flights. There's bound to be a sale, right?

Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 17, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I think we should it only needs to be for an hour 🍹
I am sure there will be we have got Black Friday and Xmas coming up good luck 😉 xx
Old 1 Nov 17, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
It sounds like it's a date then! It would be fab to meet up, hang out with you and swap stories! A mere 270 odd days to go so it certainly gives us some time to come up with a plan

Old 3 Nov 17, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Hey there! Lovely to hear from you. Firstly congratulatory hugs to you on completing on the house. As it was last week does that mean you are moving this week? I'm not sure how it works up there, but down here it's about 1 or 2 weeks between completing and moving in...fingers crossed it's all going smoothly for you. The last time we moved was over 6 years ago and I said never again as it is so very stressful. I hope the only things bothering you are boxes that need unpacking and that all the other stuff is easy.

Hmm, not sure anyone else would think of me as being laid back! That's absolutely hilarious. My DH would have a fit if he read that. I'm very good at pretending to be laid back about the flights but I'm checking ALL the websites every day. I think if I worked out how much time I have spent on tracking prices and then applied an hourly rate to my 'work' then I could probably afford upper class It's kind of a hobby now, definitely not an addiction.

I'm a bit wavering about okw...but I'm sure it will be fine. I seem to keep seeing the Princess rooms at POR and thinking about them, but that's silly money when priced up with DDP and comes out a lot more expensive than okw which is a deluxe. Our first wdw holiday was cbr in a pirate room, which actually was a complete surprise to all of us when we opened the door to the room. Anyway, DS was 9 then and he loved it and DD is 10 now so I know she would love the Princess room, oh well something to keep mulling over. I kind of hope that I find a really good flight price that can justify the splurge to upgrade (downgrade) to POR. Or if I find a good flight across 16 days and then tag onto the end of the holiday a couple of nights at POR. I don't know. Probably okw is great but I'm not feeling the love at the moment.

Oops this is a bit of a long reply . I've missed you!

Take care x
I've missed you too! I'm very frazzled just now because organising a house move leaves no time for my normal Dibbing and I don't like my routines being upset.

I'm not sure if this is normal but we completed on Thursday and got the keys on Friday. We were so excited, but it is in need of a deep clean and the owner has left a lot of rubbish that needs cleared out. We've got cleaners coming Monday so I'll feel much happier once that's done.

I don't think I've mentioned before that Nik and I both still live at home with our parents, so we have just had to order a household of fixtures and fittings. I think we should be in by the end of the month, I don't think we'll have the sofa by then but we'll survive as long as we have a bed! I've had everything that isn't furniture delivered to my mum's house and the amount of boxes is unbelievable, I have no idea how my little Corsa is going to transport them when we finally move.

I've been musing over your POR and OKW dilemma but I'll leave that for another post, this one is long enough!
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 17, 07:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by collybird View Post
I've missed you too! I'm very frazzled just now because organising a house move leaves no time for my normal Dibbing and I don't like my routines being upset.

I'm not sure if this is normal but we completed on Thursday and got the keys on Friday. We were so excited, but it is in need of a deep clean and the owner has left a lot of rubbish that needs cleared out. We've got cleaners coming Monday so I'll feel much happier once that's done.

I don't think I've mentioned before that Nik and I both still live at home with our parents, so we have just had to order a household of fixtures and fittings. I think we should be in by the end of the month, I don't think we'll have the sofa by then but we'll survive as long as we have a bed! I've had everything that isn't furniture delivered to my mum's house and the amount of boxes is unbelievable, I have no idea how my little Corsa is going to transport them when we finally move.

I've been musing over your POR and OKW dilemma but I'll leave that for another post, this one is long enough!
Oh so it's really exciting moving in together as well as buying your own home. That's brilliant, even if there is a bit of junk left behind and it's not quite to your liking yet, that's part of the fun. You will have a great time doing all the redecorating and furniture arranging, it will be fun! I think you might need something bigger than a corsa though! What will be great is you get to have your own Christmas decorations and traditions from this point on...it's a lovely time for you to be moving in just in time for the holidays.

Don't you go getting me started on the POR dilemma , I blame you for the whole trip writing addiction I now seem to have developed, so don't go tempting me! Ha ha! I'm trying to be really good and not remind you of all the food photos you took when you went away...I know you have other priorities now, I think the new year will be perfect timing for a new food report as I will need to be making my ADRs in February

Have a fab weekend x

I'll see you around this evening I'm sure as I'm about to catch up on my trip reports, but that will just be in passing.

Old 3 Nov 17, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

My poor trip report... I've written up to the morning of Day 5, but I'd really like to finish before I starting posting. My notebook is lying at the side of my bed mocking me every time I step over it. All the house things are ordered now so hopefully I should have some more free time

I am really excited that we will be in for Christmas. We have so many bits and pieces we've collected over the years for when we finally had a house, it is going to be lovely to give it all a home. I've even bought some Disney Christmas bedding haha.

On POR, we love this resort, it was the first place we stayed onsite, so much like CBR for you. If it was up to Nik we would only stay at POR, I'm more open as I'd like to eventually stay everywhere. You would not be disappointed in you switched there, the food court is fantastic, French Quarter is just a walk away. Personally, I don't feel as though the rooms at OKW are noticeably bigger, they are, but the furniture in the room is the same, so I don't feel you benefit from the extra space. It's also much easier to navigate than OKW when you don't have a car. I know the Royal Rooms are pricey, but does it really matter when in 20 years time your DD will be telling her own kids that once she stayed in a Princess room.

BUT OKW means you can have breakfast in the room. It seems a bit mad that your choice of resort could hinge on a toaster!
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 17, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by collybird View Post
My poor trip report... I've written up to the morning of Day 5, but I'd really like to finish before I starting posting. My notebook is lying at the side of my bed mocking me every time I step over it. All the house things are ordered now so hopefully I should have some more free time

I am really excited that we will be in for Christmas. We have so many bits and pieces we've collected over the years for when we finally had a house, it is going to be lovely to give it all a home. I've even bought some Disney Christmas bedding haha.

On POR, we love this resort, it was the first place we stayed onsite, so much like CBR for you. If it was up to Nik we would only stay at POR, I'm more open as I'd like to eventually stay everywhere. You would not be disappointed in you switched there, the food court is fantastic, French Quarter is just a walk away. Personally, I don't feel as though the rooms at OKW are noticeably bigger, they are, but the furniture in the room is the same, so I don't feel you benefit from the extra space. It's also much easier to navigate than OKW when you don't have a car. I know the Royal Rooms are pricey, but does it really matter when in 20 years time your DD will be telling her own kids that once she stayed in a Princess room.

BUT OKW means you can have breakfast in the room. It seems a bit mad that your choice of resort could hinge on a toaster!
I've decided with trip reports (both reading and writing) it's like reading a book...Sometimes you don't want it to be over too quickly so taking your time sounds sensible to me, you get to relive the memories for longer that way . So don't fret about it taking time, savour it.

Disney bedding ooh now I'm jealous, but I doubt DH would go for it! He did buy me disney PJs for my birthday one year as they were on my Amazon wishlist, but I don't think he could stretch to bedding.

My dilemma...you have just pulled on my heart strings. Given that we don't really care about breakfast in the room, plus it's a princess room, maybe I'm talking myself into POR. But, then the practical side of me says I really should focus on the flights and stop thinking about the resorts and planning my 4 parks in one day challenge and other frivolous things.

Well, I will mull it all over.

Old 5 Nov 17, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

How did it take me almost a week to find this

A Disney only holiday sounds perfect. Anytime I look at Disney accommodation options I always like the look of OKW, so I think it's a good choice.

I'm sure some good flight prices will come up for you soon. I think your flight wish list is very reasonable and totally attainable. My budget for flights is always £500 pp but for the last 3 trips they've come in well under that.

I was so excited to find this pre-trip Abby. Pleeeaaase do a full Trip Report as your reports are fab

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List