Old 21 Mar 18, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by juless77 View Post
Great looking forward to more thanks x
Thank you for reading

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 18, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post
debojahh
VIP Dibber

Welcome to the NYC/Orlando club

Although we are doing theme parks!

Sounds like an awesome plan, looking forward to more
debojahh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 18, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by debojahh View Post
Welcome to the NYC/Orlando club

Although we are doing theme parks!

Sounds like an awesome plan, looking forward to more
Thank you for reading Debs! I cannot wait, for New York, its been on my bucket list for as long as I can remember. When are you off, have you any plans yet?

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 18, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
debojahh
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
Thank you for reading Debs! I cannot wait, for New York, its been on my bucket list for as long as I can remember. When are you off, have you any plans yet?
Plans for the NYC part are not at all done! I know we want to do Statue of Liberty and Top of the Rock. We go in October so a bit more time to go still.
What are your NYC plans?
debojahh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 18, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
This sounds more relaxed than the hectic NYC schedule. I hope you enjoy Anna Maria as much as last year. I wondered if you would be able to resist the lure of the theme parks! The resort hopping and looking around will be fun. Good idea to fit in a water park too.

Just over 20 weeks to go...hopefully it will go in a flash!

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 18, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by debojahh View Post
Plans for the NYC part are not at all done! I know we want to do Statue of Liberty and Top of the Rock. We go in October so a bit more time to go still.
What are your NYC plans?
Ah you have a bit more time, ill try and get the NY part of the report done in time before you go
I've done a NY pre trippy too that has all our plans on, if you have time have a look over in the General Trip report section. We have just booked the Statue of Liberty Pedestal tickets and really hoping to do Top of the Rock at sunset. Having never been before I'm slightly winging it and hoping to squeeze as much in as possible . We are going to need the week on AMI just to recover I think!

IG - alicialanesmith
Old 22 Mar 18, 10:51 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
This sounds more relaxed than the hectic NYC schedule. I hope you enjoy Anna Maria as much as last year. I wondered if you would be able to resist the lure of the theme parks! The resort hopping and looking around will be fun. Good idea to fit in a water park too.

Just over 20 weeks to go...hopefully it will go in a flash!
Yes it will be a lot more relaxed hopefully, although I have just spotted tickets for MNSSHP on sale... So much for the zero parks trip
Yes the kids love a water park and no Dad to lose this year
Wow is that all it is, blimey . I'm sure as soon as Easter is over and the weather gets warmer it will be here before we know it!

IG - alicialanesmith
Old 22 Mar 18, 10:54 PM  
Link to this Post
JanetteP
Imagineer

Amazing - really loved reading your pre-trip report - so refreshingly different - I'm really looking forward to reading more.

Janette
Dreamy Corner June 23, Potter’s Villa May 22, Shamu Villa Sep 22,AKL, HRH Lakeside Haven Sep 19, Lakeside Haven RPR May 19. White Blossom & Viburnum Villa Aug 18. SSR, Aurora Villa May 18. Kidani, RPR Champion Florida Villa 17, Staybridge Suites, White Blossom & Owens Villa 16 OKW, Champion Florida Villa & RPR 16, Magic Landings 15, Grand Reserve & HRH 2014, Tuscan Pines 12, Highgrove 09, Legacy Park 07, Indian Point 06 and 05, Florida Pines 04
Graduation Trip 2019
+ Trip Report 2018
JanetteP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 18, 09:24 AM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by JanetteParker View Post
Amazing - really loved reading your pre-trip report - so refreshingly different - I'm really looking forward to reading more.
Hi thanks for reading Janette
I'm hoping we won't be too bored and I'll have something interesting to write about for the TR when we return . If all else fails, my shopping should make up for it

IG - alicialanesmith
Old 25 Apr 18, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Hello
I have a few very exciting things to update you all on. I am writing this from my sick bed after having a Septoplasty on Tuesday to correct a deviated septum so this is helping me take my mind off the fact I have 2 black eyes and a very bruised nose

First up, Jim has conceded and given me the go ahead to book tickets for Mickeys Not So Scary Halloween Party. Hurrah!

But the miserable git won’t agree to dress up, the killjoy . I had visions of us going as The Incredibles. Look how amazing we could have looked!

Although my waistline would NOT look like that .
My friend has lent me a Queen of Hearts outfit that I may be brave enough to wear, we’ll see. Jim has threatened to disown me for the night if I do. Bonus I say
We haven’t yet bought the tickets as I’m undecided whether to get them from Attraction Tickets Direct or through Disney themselves. We’ve decided to go on September 3rd so Labour Day, I’m hoping it won’t be too busy.

I gave British Airways a call the other week and have upgraded our car from a Group W Ford Edge or similar to a Group Z Chevy Tahoe or similar. If you read my report from last year you’ll know we had booked the same class and ended up with an amazing upgrade to a Chevy Suburban which I just loved! I couldn’t quite stretch the budget to a Group L but I’ll be very happy with a Tahoe. We’ll have plenty of space now that the kids are very happy with. The lovely BA agent waived the £25 amendment fee so the total upgrade cost was £250.

Whilst on the phone I thought I would just ask on the off chance what the price would be to upgrade our seats to WT+ on our inbound flight from MCO to LGW. She tapped away and came back with £400pp! Er um thanks but no thanks
She then asked me to bare with her, she would see if the system was backdated to when we booked the price may be different. Well blow me down, she came back with £125pp! It took me about a nano second to agree to it
I’m not gonna lie, my first and only thought at this point was we now have 2x 23kg luggage allowance. Woohoo, let the shopping commence

SHOPPING
On that note I have been slowly putting together a shopping list that is growing by the day. I have separated it into each place we'll be going/staying.

Airport
First up the very important Duty Free haul. Having not flown from LHR T5 before I'm hoping they have everything I need.
Jo Malone Cologne - English Pear and Freesia
MAC lipstick/lipgloss
Chanel kohl eyeliner
Molton Brown shower gel - the purple one!
Dermalogia Dynamic Skin Recovery - all important SPF 50 for the face!

New York
Whilst in New York it's very surprising I don't have much I want to get. I collect magnets from every place I visit so will be getting lots of those from the various attractions. I’ll also be getting a few Christmas tree decorations to remember the holiday.
The only other thing I would like is the Bloomingdales Little Brown Bag

Anna Maria Island
I have the following so far
Key Lime Juice - this makes the BEST Key Lime Pie
Goodnight AMI book - even though this is a children’s book it’s a lovely reminder of this beautiful island. I was meant to go back to Ginny and Jane E’s to buy it last year but completely forgot!
Wooden USA flag plaque - last year I saw something similar to this again in Ginny and Jane E's Cafe and instantly regretted not buying it once we had left. It will look great in Sam's New England style bedroom. Hopefully it won't be too heavy!
Incense sticks - another from Ginny and Jane E's. These are a request from my Dad who bought some last year and says they are great

Orlando
Now we get to Orlando where the real shopping begins
Target/Walmart
Cake kits
Ghiradelli Milk Chocolate Caramel Squares
Ghiradelli Caramel sauce
Secret deodorant - this stuff is amazing!
Caramel M&Ms - and lots of them!
Crest teeth whitening strips - bought these last year and they work surprisingly well
Coppertone Sport Spray suntan lotion
S'mores Goldfish crackers
Snappers milk chocolate caramel pretzels
This is just the beginning, I'm sure I will be buying more once I get in there. I can literally spend hours in Super Target!

Disney Springs

Tea towels
Christmas decorations - for the ever growing collection
Donald/Goofy/Mickey bowls
Liquid soap dispenser
Salt and Pepper Mills
Thomas Kinkade canvases - if I have any money left I would love to buy the Fantasia, Lion King and Peter Pan ones

Outlet shopping
Kate Spade bag - definitely one, possibly two... !
Bedding - Pottery Barn, Bed Bath and Beyond and Target
Bath and Bodyworks - foaming hand wash, body scrub and body lotion
Ugg slippers
Ugg boots - only if they are cheaper than here in the UK
Tommy Hilfiger clothes - hoping for the same bargains from last year
North Face jacket
Levi jeans
Nike hoody
Victoria Secrets - pyjamas and loungewear

I'm thinking after buying all of the above we are going to have to go through the 'Declare' customs aisle back in LGW. We don't have the in laws with us this year to palm bits off with them

FOOD GLORIOUS FOOD
I love eating just as much as I love shopping in Florida. We will be revisiting some old favourites but also trying some new places too. I have been trawling online menus to short list what I'll be ordering! If copious photos of food are not your cup of tea then please keep scrolling down..

ANNA MARIA ISLAND

Breakfast
Ginny and Jane E's
A definite return here this year. Their cinnamon rolls are humongous and taste amazing. Will also give their a Key Lime Pie a go.

Peach's
I'm thinking the egg and cheese croissant with home fries.

Anna Maria Island Beach Cafe
It's got to be the unlimited pancakes and sausage

Lunch
The Sandbar
Last year I had the Bali Chicken sandwich but I think I'll go with the Bob Woods' Sausage Hoagie. Haven't a clue who Bob Woods is but I'll give his sausage bap a go!

Eat Here
It's got to be Not Mama's Pot Roast. Look how scrummy it looks?

Sharkey's on the Pier
This will be when we go to Venice for the day in search of sharks teeth.
The nachos look amazing as do the fish and chips.

Cheesecake Factory
We'll go for lunch here when we go shopping at The Mall at University Town Centre. We visited the one in the Mall at Millenia for the first time last year and I wasn't blown away, however I think I may have ordered wrong and lets be honest their cheesecake is legendary! This year I'm going to try the orange chicken and rice that I've seen mentioned a few times on here. We won't be leaving until I've had my favourite Dulce de Leche cheesecake either

Dinner
Rod and Reel Pier
I had a very good steak here last year so I reckon I'll go with the same. I just love this restaurant overlooking the Bay.

Mr Bones BBQ
I think going into any BBQ joint you just have to have ribs, it's like the law!

Mar Vista Dockside
When we did the dolphin boat trip last year we went past a gorgeous looking restaurant on Longboat Key that backed onto Sarasota Bay. The captain told us it was called Mar Vista Dockside restaurant so I did a bit of research once home. It's owned by the same company who run the Sandbar and the Beach House which we ate in last year so we have high hopes for this one.
The Caribbean chicken sandwich looks good but I also like the sound of the Prime Rib French Dip. I also have my eye on the Mar Vista Lemonade

Bridge Tender Inn
The steak and cheese sandwich looks good (you'll notice a steak pattern here!) as does the Key Lime Pie (I'm determined to eat one for every dessert )
Erin Dreams in Orange sounds like an amazing cocktail too don't you think?

Snacks
The Donut Experiment
How amazing does this place look? I'm not sure if I'm brave enough to try mine with bacon but a vanilla or caramel glaze with sprinkles sounds so good!

Two Scoops
One word, yum! The cookies and cream has my name on it.

Joes Eats and Sweets
Just look at that double chocolate goodiness in a sprinkled cone!

ORLANDO

Breakfast
IHOP
The white chocolate and raspberry pancakes look divine. I think I first saw these in one of Wiley Coyote's trip reports and knew I had to have them this year.

Cracker Barrel
This is a must for every trip. Their little bottles of syrup are probably the main reason

Denny's
I haven't been to a Denny's before but they come highly recommended on here. I quite fancy the look of the Grand Slam

Lunch
Friendly's
After going there for the first time last year and having the Honey BBQ Chicken Supermelt Sandwich, we will definitely make time to go back. Ooh I could eat one of these right now!

Earl of Sandwich
Has to be the one and only Hawaiian BBQ Chicken

Blaze Pizza
After reading only glowing reviews I think we will go here for a late lunch before MNSSHP. The BBQ Chicken pizza especially looks good.

Steak n Shake
We have never tried here either but it looks great value for money.

Dinner
Hard Rock Cafe
I have pencilled to go here after our day at Universal Studios. Have been to a few different Hard Rock Cafes over the years but never this one. I believe the menu is roughly the same. I usually go with the chicken fajitas

Texas Roadhouse
We got take out from here last year and it was really nice. I had the pulled pork dinner which was so good I'll give it a go again.

Millers Ale House
It can only be the Chicken Nachos every time I come here. They are quite possibly the best Nachos I've ever had, and that takes some beating as I've sampled A LOT over the years

Longhorn Steakhouse
It's got to be the Flo's filet with jacket potato and broccoli.

Teak Neighbourhood Grill
We were meant to try here last year but never made it so will hopefully get there this time. I wonder if I'll be brave enough to give the doughnut burger a go?

4 Rivers Smokehouse
Another new one for us. A little drive away but should hopefully be worth it. I like the look of the Burnt Ends, Ribs and Pulled Pork with Tator Tots

Lake Minneola Inn
After reading Scottish Nellies last report I really want to try the Tiki Bar on Lake Minneola. It looks such an idyllic location on the water

I feel like I've put myself into a virtual food coma after all that . The diet will most definitely start the day after we come home

If you’ve made it this far thank you for reading. I’ll be back soon with the rough itinerary

TTFN

IG - alicialanesmith