Notices

Old 9 Jun 18, 06:22 PM  
Link to this Post
mossyflossy
Imagineer

mossyflossy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
£6k, yikes! And with your Godfather tactics, no wonder they paid up immediately!
mossyflossy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 18, 07:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Bear
VIP Dibber

Can’t wait for the trippie. Love your sense of humour. 😀
Disney Bear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 18, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
neilhd
Imagineer

If you've been following the PreTrip for my Vegas (and if not, why not? ) then you'll know all about my knee woes. For those that haven't, I will explain here as this gives me another opportunity to extract sympathy.

Several weeks ago my knee started hurting and swelled up. Many things have happened since (MRI scans, draining of fluid, injections etc - luckily I have medical insurance!) but the problem persists and nobody seems to know exactly what's causing it as the MRI didn't show anything obvious. I will have to go on our Vegas holiday in a couple of weeks whilst still hobbling around and limping, and hopefully with the help of a knee brace and a walking stick I might manage it.

However, after we get back from there, I am having an arthroscopy to fix whatever it is that is wrong. I guess as there was nothing glaringly wrong that's a good sign. But it leaves slightly under 4 weeks between operation and departure. And that is not very long! I'll have a few days off work completely, and then will work from home for as long as needed before we go (which might be up until the day we go ) but it's going to be tight. I just pray they don't find anything really wrong that will lengthen the recovery.

I've decided that 9 hours in a pressurised tube with a bent knee is probably not a great plan, so I've managed to move myself into an extra-legroom exit-row seat for the outbound flight. I'm hoping that on the way back the extra 2 weeks will have helped and that I'll be ok in a normal seat.

So all in all, a bit of a rubbish situation!
Old 20 Jun 18, 05:16 PM  
Link to this Post
mossyflossy
Imagineer

mossyflossy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Sympathy being sent, Neil, we've been up to our eyeballs in exams here so I haven't seen the Vegas trippie, (hint, where's the link?), poor you. Do make sure you tell travel insurance whatever happens and I'd have a word with the airline special assistance as they will give you the upgraded seat for free both ways...
mossyflossy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 18, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
neilhd
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mossyflossy View Post
Sympathy being sent, Neil, we've been up to our eyeballs in exams here so I haven't seen the Vegas trippie, (hint, where's the link?), poor you. Do make sure you tell travel insurance whatever happens and I'd have a word with the airline special assistance as they will give you the upgraded seat for free both ways...
The link is in my Sig Or here: https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1064282

Calling travel insurance is on my to-do list. I have checked the policy and it quite clearly says that conditions arising after the trip was booked will be covered. They may not be impressed that I have 3 trips booked though! If they do the usual insurance thing and try and wriggle out of it I'll just get myself added to Ele's work policy that covers pre-existing conditions.

I did think about special assistance but for Vegas it doesn't matter as we're business class anyway, and for Florida I'm a bit worried they'd say I'm no longer "Able-bodied" or something and thus no longer eligible for an exit row. I might still do it though, but I'll leave it until a week or so before we go so the op is already done as I'll have a better idea then!
Old 21 Jun 18, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
jocat
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 67
It seems I’m late to this pre-trippie too! Love the intro and the rest of course!

The plans all sounds great, with the exception of the knee situation! Hoping that resolves soon and it all goes smoothly.

Looking forward to reading all about the trip - I’m sure it will be fab regardless.
jocat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 18, 03:52 PM  
Link to this Post
neilhd
Imagineer

Originally Posted by jocat View Post
It seems I’m late to this pre-trippie too! Love the intro and the rest of course!

The plans all sounds great, with the exception of the knee situation! Hoping that resolves soon and it all goes smoothly.

Looking forward to reading all about the trip - I’m sure it will be fab regardless.
Thanks!
Old 22 Jun 18, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
stupet11
Imagineer

Ah, had my knees done before a trip one year...didn't find anything as such (other than they were shot to pieces from too much football, and in a state of someone who was 65...yet couldn't replace them until the rest of me is 65...!). they had a clean up, and recover time was quick, fine with 2 weeks.They get you up and about asap...not too bad, flight was ok... ice needed on hols when swelling occurred.
2012 Fairfield Inn IDrive 2013 Highland Reserve 2014 Old Key West 2015 Old Key West / Fantasy World 2016 New York / Cypress Pointe 2016 Cane Island 2017 Old Key West 2018 Port Orleans Riverside 2019 Keys / Cruise / Rosen Inn IDrive 2022 Port Orleans Riverside 2023 Idrive / Cruise 2023 Universal Dockside
stupet11 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 18, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
neilhd
Imagineer

Originally Posted by stupet11 View Post
Ah, had my knees done before a trip one year...didn't find anything as such (other than they were shot to pieces from too much football, and in a state of someone who was 65...yet couldn't replace them until the rest of me is 65...!). they had a clean up, and recover time was quick, fine with 2 weeks.They get you up and about asap...not too bad, flight was ok... ice needed on hols when swelling occurred.
That's the kind of positive story I need - thanks!
Old 4 Jul 18, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
neilhd
Imagineer

Right, well fast passes are all booked!

And - most importantly - we got one for Flights of Passage! Took a few days, but then a bunch of them appeared. I just jabbed my finger at the first timeslot (2pm I think) and got it! That makes the on-site Campsight stay well worth the money paid, as we simply would not have been able to ride it otherwise.

Everything went a bit weird for our final day of passes (Hollywood Studios) and I could initially only get things for the evening. Then I thought that actually maybe that's not too bad a plan anyway, as we have a Prime Time Cafe reservation at 17:30 and want to watch the Star Wards fireworks at 9pm. Later on I could move things around so I got us on RnRC and TSM in the morning, then we'll probably do Star Tours and then head out for a bit, head back to the pool, then come back for our dinner, then ToT (admittedly not such a good idea to do that straight after eating!), then Fireworks. Saves being in the park for over 12 hours straight.

And we're going to try and get tickets for the Star Wars Void thing at Disney Springs, as that sounds cool. The plan is to do that on the day we fly home. I then found out they have the same thing at the Venetian hotel in Vegas, where we are staying in <checks watch> oh - 4 days time!