Notices

Old 5 Jul 18, 07:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Sounds like you're all going to have a great time. I'm glad you got the FOP FP, now you can relax a bit and enjoy the organising and rearranging!

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 18, 01:31 AM  
Link to this Post
stecee
Imagineer

You had me laughing more than once
Sounds like you’ve got a great trip planned, shocking
'Oct 97 Days inn main gate west, June '02 Days inn main gate west, Dec '05 All star movie resort, Aug '07 Caribbean Beach Resort, Sept '09 Port Orleans Riverside, Oct'10 Tour then villa at Highgate, May '12 Emerald Island villa. Oct '14 The Keys then SSR.
stecee is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 18, 03:36 PM  
Link to this Post
neilhd
Imagineer

So I had the knee op yesterday...

The consultant came and saw me after and said that there was a meniscal tear that wasn't showing up on the scan, and also another thing he had to fix that I can't remember the name of (and probably couldn't spell even if I could). Something like a Chrondial Plasty but there's a chance he was talking a Cornish Pasty for lunch - I was still groggy from the anesthetic.

He seemed very pleased with the outcome of it all, but I was hoping that it was just going to be a clear-out type of thing with no actual "surgery" required.

So it's now 3.5 weeks until we go and I don't really know how long the recovery will take. I'm going to do my exercises like a good boy and I have a physio appointment on Monday, where I'll point out the upcoming holiday and tell then I have to be able to walk several miles per day by that point... feeling a bit worried here...

In better news our magic bands have shipped, going to Beth (FairyTalePersonalShopper), I might try and put together a grocery order for her, too.
Old 25 Jul 18, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post
dismadbrit
Imagineer

dismadbrit's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 13
Originally Posted by neilhd View Post
So I had the knee op yesterday...

The consultant came and saw me after and said that there was a meniscal tear that wasn't showing up on the scan, and also another thing he had to fix that I can't remember the name of (and probably couldn't spell even if I could). Something like a Chrondial Plasty but there's a chance he was talking a Cornish Pasty for lunch - I was still groggy from the anesthetic.

He seemed very pleased with the outcome of it all, but I was hoping that it was just going to be a clear-out type of thing with no actual "surgery" required.

So it's now 3.5 weeks until we go and I don't really know how long the recovery will take. I'm going to do my exercises like a good boy and I have a physio appointment on Monday, where I'll point out the upcoming holiday and tell then I have to be able to walk several miles per day by that point... feeling a bit worried here...

In better news our magic bands have shipped, going to Beth (FairyTalePersonalShopper), I might try and put together a grocery order for her, too.
I think you might be referring to your "Chondral", no pasties in the knee.

I had mine tightened and cartilage removed along with a meniscal tear repaired before I went 2 years ago.
Old 26 Jul 18, 07:57 AM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Just caught up
Hope that you are ok and not in kneed of too much sympathy post op.
See what I did there?
Seriously , hope all is ok.
Sounds like it will be a hoot of a holiday. V interested to hear what the resort is like.
Well, with you being on enforced rest I suspect, loads of time to get your Vegas trippy sorted. No pressure .
Take it easy !
WileyCoyote is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 18, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
neilhd
Imagineer

Originally Posted by dismadbrit View Post
I think you might be referring to your "Chondral", no pasties in the knee.

I had mine tightened and cartilage removed along with a meniscal tear repaired before I went 2 years ago.
Ah yes that's the thing! How did you get on after?

Originally Posted by WileyCoyote View Post
Just caught up
Hope that you are ok and not in kneed of too much sympathy post op.
See what I did there?
Seriously , hope all is ok.
Sounds like it will be a hoot of a holiday. V interested to hear what the resort is like.
Well, with you being on enforced rest I suspect, loads of time to get your Vegas trippy sorted. No pressure .
Take it easy !
You'd have thought there'd be loads of time but there doesn't seem to be, so trippie is not progressing very well! I kneed more spare time
Old 2 Aug 18, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
neilhd
Imagineer

Oh look, it's the "WE GO THIS MONTH! " post

Nothing really much to say. I've booked a few extra FPs so we could do Epcot on one of two days now. Tempted to swap as the current day is EMH in the morning and the potential change day isn't (it's literally the next day). I doubt I'll make that final decision until the day before. I've also paid the Hard Rock Hotel so everything is paid for now.

I've been doing all the last-minute holiday shopping of stuff we don't really need from Amazon. New luggage tags, cooling towels, more 4-way extension leads, more packing cubes. Honestly I don't know how we went on holiday without these essential items before.

Check out that countdown... really tiny now. Joe has been spending his summer holidays watching YouTube videos on Florida. We found out we both watch Tim Tracker the other day so we had a little TT session whilst I was off recovering.

Speaking of recovering, my knee improved rapidly for the first few days, then kind of stalled a bit, and today feels a bit stronger again. I had a physio appointment and got given another exercise to do. She also massaged my leg to try and reduce the swelling, the lucky lady. I've got another physio next week and hopefully I can get on the exercise bike after that. Stitches out next week too. I managed to walk around the corner to the shops today so that was a nice milestone and let me leave the house for the first time in weeks to somewhere that wasn't a hospital.

So, 2 weeks to go to get my mobility fully back. I'm still not sure how it will be. I suspect I'll be taking braces and things with me just in case.

Oh, and something funny? Saffron has hurt her knee from too much pre-holiday desperate weightloss gym sessions, and it's all swelled up and she can hardly walk... I think there's a good chance we'll be sharing a mobility scooter whilst we're there!
Old 9 Aug 18, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post
neilhd
Imagineer

Oh look, single digits now!

<MESSAGE ENDS>
Old 11 Aug 18, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
neilhd
Imagineer

Well, things have taken a severe turn for the worse with this holiday.

Jordan - Jess's boyfriend - was rushed into hospital yesterday with a lung condition. He's had it for a while (I forget the name of it - something to do with a tear in the lung causing it to either trap air or collapse), but it hasn't caused him an issue for over a year really. This time was the worst ever though. They had to put a huge needle in and drain air out, and kept him overnight so they could operate in the morning and drain fluid.

I suspect this means his holiday is over before its begun. The advice generally seems to be to only be able to fly a week after a recovery from an episode of this, and that is exactly a week tomorrow and he hasn't recovered yet.

So really it will be down to both the doctors and the travel insurance.

I'm assuming if he doesn't go then Jess won't go either as she won't want to leave him alone (in our house - he lives with us) for 2 weeks.

Horrible situation.
Old 12 Aug 18, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
jocat
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 67
Oh no! That must be such a disappointment for all of you.

Really hope that he improves soon and by some miracle he gets to go with you all, with no ill effects.
jocat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List