Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 6 Jun 18, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Lizzim
Imagineer

Lizzim's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by act1980 View Post
I’ll have a look at your TR. Was this for 2 adults?
Yeah, 2 adults I lied - it was 2015 😁link here

Edited at 09:21 PM.
Lizzim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 18, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Lizzim View Post
Yeah, 2 adults I lied - it was 2015 😁link here
Thank you! 😊 I have to say, I’m leaning towards the DDP!
Old 6 Jun 18, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Lizzim
Imagineer

Lizzim's Reviews
Thank you! 😊 I have to say, I’m leaning towards the DDP!
We’ve done the DDP before (and again this year) but we also enjoy our DVC stays without the plan
Lizzim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 18, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We’ve done the DDP before (and again this year) but we also enjoy our DVC stays without the plan
I don’t think we’ll get it this year with our DVC stay but next year when we go with the family I think staying onsite will make sense. Splitting the bill at dinner every night could get tiresome 😬
Old 6 Jun 18, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Lizzim
Imagineer

Lizzim's Reviews
I don’t think we’ll get it this year with our DVC stay but next year when we go with the family I think staying onsite will make sense. Splitting the bill at dinner every night could get tiresome 😬
You can get separate bills if easier... If you can get the ‘free DDP’ then I would do it (we upgraded from the QS plan for this year).

I’m still not convinced I would pay for the DDP though. I considered it for last year with our friends but it would have cost us more than we actually paid.
Old 6 Jun 18, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Mobile

You can get separate bills if easier... If you can get the ‘free DDP’ then I would do it (we upgraded from the QS plan for this year).

I’m still not convinced I would pay for the DDP though. I considered it for last year with our friends but it would have cost us more than we actually paid.
I don’t think the US costs work out as good value as the UK if we had to pay for it. It’s about £250 more in the US. Still weighing up if we should get it in September just for ease but I think OOP would be less.
Old 7 Jun 18, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
From a money saving standpoint, I've never gotten DDP to work, unless it's free. Last years UK price at £50 was a steal compared to the $76 US/DVC rate, this year's £55 brings it a bit closer. Part of our problem with it, & certainly makes a difference to us, is the "entrée & dessert" on TS, now I admittedly have a sweet tooth but I don't/wouldn't eat a dessert everyday but that's factored into the cost. I read somewhere, Touringplans I think, that the cost breakdown is this :
2x Snacks = $10
1X QS = $18
1x TS = $45
Mug = $3
The mug aside those are the prices that you have to be spending just to break even, with the addition of alcohol on the free drink, it's probably more manageable but we don't drink on any of our Orlando trips.
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 18, 07:50 AM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I’ve been twice with my teenage DD without a dining plan. For these 10 day trips I budgeted £1,000 and had money left over. We ate at a TS every day (no signatures) but shared many CS meals and snacks. I had a box of cereal and a box of cereal bars in our room as well but that was for convenience really. That included a 20% tip for all TS meals and a glass of wine a day for me.
Old 8 Jun 18, 08:05 AM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Shooby doo View Post
From a money saving standpoint, I've never gotten DDP to work, unless it's free. Last years UK price at £50 was a steal compared to the $76 US/DVC rate, this year's £55 brings it a bit closer. Part of our problem with it, & certainly makes a difference to us, is the "entrée & dessert" on TS, now I admittedly have a sweet tooth but I don't/wouldn't eat a dessert everyday but that's factored into the cost. I read somewhere, Touringplans I think, that the cost breakdown is this :
2x Snacks = $10
1X QS = $18
1x TS = $45
Mug = $3
The mug aside those are the prices that you have to be spending just to break even, with the addition of alcohol on the free drink, it's probably more manageable but we don't drink on any of our Orlando trips.
SD
I struggle to fit in dessert too so I know what you mean. At least if paying OOP you don’t have to have one so you’re saving money there. I guess if on the DDP (when paying for it) I would feel a bit cheated if I didn’t have one as I’d have essentially paid for it already. Free dining is great but not sure about buying it 🤷🏼
act1980 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 18, 08:26 AM  
Link to this Post
KRBarnard
Very Serious Dibber

KRBarnard's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Thanks for your reply. So you can save £300 offsite but only when eating in 50% of the time. Have I got that right?
If you stay in a hotel with no cooking facilities and have to eat all meals out, you can save around £300 over the two weeks, per family with a mix of eating in the parks and a range of offsite places such as Bahama Breeze, Olive Garden, IHOP, Chilli's, CiCi and Subway etc. If you stay in a villa or condo and cook half of your meals yourself, you could save up to £800 over the two weeks per family, eating around 3 TS meals and 3 QS meals over the two weeks.
Gateway Inn '97 Radisson Barcelo '99 Quality Inn Plaza '01 Quality Inn Int'l '03 La Quinta Inns&Suites '05 B.W. Movieland '07 Holiday Inn '08 & '09 Indian Creek '10 & '11 Vista Cay '12 Rosen Inn @ Pointe and Miami '13 Vista Cay '13,'14,'15,'16 CBR '16 Tampa, POR & SSR '17 OKW + Vista Cay '18 Windsor Hills '19 Vista Cay'22
KRBarnard is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List