Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 10 Aug 18, 03:35 PM  
Link to this Post
thatdavieguy
Imagineer

You might find that it's another tourist that thinks that it's right on red on every light
Old 10 Aug 18, 03:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Bobbins
Imagineer

Bobbins's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
If everyone else was driving through I suspect you misunderstood the sign / lights.

Even if you didn't, there can't be a camera there or local's wouldn't be streaming through.
Bobbins is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 18, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
mason1
Imagineer

mason1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
It was East off the I4 I think (we came from Vineland Road up the I4). There were 2 lanes turning right. I’ve had a look on google earth and I don’t think there was a camera, but we’ll see in a couple of weeks.
Old 10 Aug 18, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by mason1 View Post
It was East off the I4 I think (we came from Vineland Road up the I4). There were 2 lanes turning right. I’ve had a look on google earth and I don’t think there was a camera, but we’ll see in a couple of weeks.
It was here then? I turned Streetview through 360 degrees and I couldn't see a camera but as you say no point stressing now. Enjoy the rest of the holiday.

There are two right turn lanes as one takes you straight across to turn left into I-Drive and the other for staying on SLR towards Florida Mall.

Mick
Old 10 Aug 18, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
mason1
Imagineer

mason1's Reviews
Originally Posted by mick View Post
It was here then? I turned Streetview through 360 degrees and I couldn't see a camera but as you say no point stressing now. Enjoy the rest of the holiday.

There are two right turn lanes as one takes you straight across to turn left into I-Drive and the other for staying on SLR towards Florida Mall.

Mick
That’s the junction. Thanks Mick
Old 11 Aug 18, 12:18 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
They are very quick to blast you but they don't make eye contact!
Probably because they don't know if your a gun toting tourist
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 18, 01:39 AM  
Link to this Post
coggie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bobbins View Post
If everyone else was driving through I suspect you misunderstood the sign / lights.

Even if you didn't, there can't be a camera there or local's wouldn't be streaming through.
The OP didn't misunderstand anything, it clearly says No Right Turn on Red at that junction.

OP, I used that junction every day for a week last month and you are spot on about vehicles on the extreme right hand lane turning right even when on red...but the sign is definitely there
coggie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 18, 02:40 AM  
Link to this Post
mason1
Imagineer

mason1's Reviews
Originally Posted by coggie View Post
The OP didn't misunderstand anything, it clearly says No Right Turn on Red at that junction.

OP, I used that junction every day for a week last month and you are spot on about vehicles on the extreme right hand lane turning right even when on red...but the sign is definitely there
Coggie, you’re right, I didn’t misunderstand, I did see the sign - it was both lanes turning right as well, not just the inside (I was on the inside).

I also worry about gun toting locals - you just never know, which is why I tend to let in the drivers who think the foot gap between me and the car in front will fit their pick up in
Old 11 Aug 18, 02:53 AM  
Link to this Post
rsvdaz
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Anyone know if there’s a camera on universal boulevard and international drive?
I’ve been turning on red for past two weeks but noticed a flash whilst doing it this evening 😮
rsvdaz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 18, 09:03 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by coggie View Post

Out of focus on my screen shot but suspended on the overhead wires between the two green lights.

The same "no turn on red" rule applies leaving Posner Park on to the 27 because again there are two right turn lanes.

Mick