Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 10 Aug 18, 03:28 PM  
Link to this Post
ally1966
Imagineer

Mobile Non Drivers - does anyone still use Lynx buses?

We won’t be hiring a car for our up coming Orlando trip - I can’t drive and DH refuses to drive abroad. During our previous visits we made extensive use of the Lynx buses but we haven’t been since 2012.

Since the advent of Uber does anyone still bother with the buses? I know that Uber would work out more expensive than Lynx but is it worth it for the convenience? We will be staying on I-Drive and only plan on 6 WDW days. For everything else we would use the I-Trolley.

Interested in the thoughts of those who’ve experienced both!
Old 10 Aug 18, 03:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Scott family
Apprentice Imagineer

Scott family's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
We don't drive when we're in Florida. When we went last time, we stayed on international drive and bought Lynx tickets and iride tickets. Think we used the iride once, as the service has gone really bad. The rest of the time it was Lynx or UBER, depending on what we were doing. EG, Vineland Ave outlets or Florida Mall we used Lynx buses or Universal or Mall of Millenia we got UBER, it's what works for you.
Old 10 Aug 18, 03:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

I used the lynx once coming back from SW to Disney in 2013. Never again. The amount of time we waited for the bus, we could have got an Uber to Disney, back to Seaworld and back to Disney again! We used taxis in 2015 and Uber in 2016. But I’m leaning more towards going back to Mears taxis if we need them this year.

I don’t know how comfortable I feel with Uber. Think I’ve just seen a few too many scams where people have been charged cleaning fees after the drivers have trashed the back of he car to get more money out of people.
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 18, 03:43 PM  
Link to this Post
boarder4life
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I was a huge fan of the public transport around 2002-2006

The I ride and lynx buses were reliable and a huge cost saving. Fast forward some more time and the public transport is a shadow of its former self in my opinion. We were so frustrated with it and the free for all at the bus stops we hired a car midway through our holiday.

I wouldn’t go to Florida if I didn’t have my own veichle.

We were losing so much time out of our day due to waiting around and the time to get to resorts. Then you have cost of taxi’s for the night time shows if your staying off site like we have every visit.

I think it all comes down to what your options are financially and how much you value your time. If your happy to wait and go with the flow it serves its purpose. We are early risers and like to be at the parks first thing. If we have had enough we get in the car and go back for a chill.

You don’t have that luxury with the public transport unfortunately unless you can forward plan your day.

A mixture of Uber and the irides could work. Uber had only just become big on our last visit so certainly something to consider as opposed to car hire.

The good thing is the options have increased a great deal since 2012 so hopefully you can find the right balance.

I’m glad to see the days of taxi’s taking advantage of families after the fireworks changing for the better of the customer and not pockets.
boarder4life is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 18, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
highlander447
Imagineer

highlander447's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 18
Mobile

Used lynx everytime in all visits usually use Uber for going home though last year was first time the number 50 never kept to timetable due to roadworks downtown
highlander447 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 18, 04:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazascouser
Apprentice Imagineer

Mazascouser's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
We went at Easter this year and stayed on I Drive had no problems with the Lynx or I trolly. We always use public transport. We bought a 7 day I trolly pass when they were on offer went to the 2 the outlets a few times and Millers and got our monies worth.
Mazascouser is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 18, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Yes all the time used them many times . We prebuy our tickets before we go.
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 18, 06:10 PM  
Link to this Post
floridaphil
Very Serious Dibber

We've used Lynx to get to Disney from I drive once and that was one time too many, took an age but we also used them for Florida Mall and that was fine, last year we had trouble getting an I ride trolley, they didn't seem to be running as often as I'd remembered and they were nearly always full. Uber was good, they're with you in no time and text you the name of your driver and the car registration no. and much cheaper than a taxi

Edited at 06:12 PM.
floridaphil is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 18, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
pumpkin mom
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Lynx and i ride are still excellent value. We also uber. Lynx 50 great to disney and disney springs x
Old 10 Aug 18, 11:30 PM  
Link to this Post
joanne42
Getting Excited

Mobile

Always stay on i drive.use Uber and iride everyone.uber to parks for speed and convenience and iride trolley for outlets, use to use the lynx but last few years but so much a fan and in the August heat don't enjoy the waiting around after being in parks
joanne42 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List