Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 16 Aug 18, 03:15 AM  
Link to this Post
IndianaMac
Imagineer

Mobile POR to Grand Floridian?

Evening (morning?) folks
Breakfast ADR tomorrow at 1900 Park Fare, looking at the app for transport options from POR.

App has two routes, bus or monorail:

Bus (81 minutes): POR to HS, then bus to Grand Floridian

Monorail (71 minutes): bus POR to Epcot, then monorail to Grand Floridian.

Or just take the car?

Thoughts or experiences?

TiA
Old 16 Aug 18, 05:50 AM  
Link to this Post
warpig
Apprentice Imagineer

If it was me I would get a bus to the Magic Kingdom and jump on the monorail but everyone has their own thoughts on the best way to go.
2000 All Star Sports, 2002 All Star Sports, 2004 Pop Century, 2005 Port Orleans Riverside, 2006 Port Orleans Riverside, 2007 Port Orleans Riverside, 2008 Port Orleans Riverside, 2009 Port Orleans Riverside, 2010 Saratoga Springs, 2011 Port Orleans Riverside, 2012 Wilderness Lodge, 2013 Wilderness Lodge, 2014 Saratoga Springs, 2015 Swan & Dolphin, 2016 Animal Kingdom Lodge, 2019 Swan & Dolphin, 2023 Beach Club
warpig is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 18, 06:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
I would use the car 10 - 15 mins drive So much easier.

Come out of POR and turn right, get to the lights and turn left onto Vista Blvd past Fort Wilderness and up on to World Dr and head to the GF that way.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 18, 06:29 AM  
Link to this Post
DiscoD6381
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I would take the car personally. Seems like a lot of faffing to get there otherwise.
DiscoD6381 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 18, 07:15 AM  
Link to this Post
3family
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Those app timings are a bit off I’d imagine but none of them will be as quick and easy as your car
Old 16 Aug 18, 08:08 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

I don't think the Disney bus would take as long as the app suggests but the car would be the quickest option. We are stayingat POFQ in October without a car and have an early morning ADR at Trattoria Al Forno, we are taking a Lyft car there as the easiest option.
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 18, 08:36 AM  
Link to this Post
IndianaMac
Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks for the replies all, appreciated. I'm tempted to just hop in the rental car to be honest.

Tom, can I ask how parking is at the GF (if you know)?

Daffodil, we did Bon Voyage on Sunday morning and used the lyft app (we didn't pick up the car 'til Monday); as an aside, it was really good, my favourite character meal in five trips (Akershus, CRT twice, Tuskers [which we're doing again this trip]).
IndianaMac is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 18, 08:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by IndianaMac View Post
Thanks for the replies all, appreciated. I'm tempted to just hop in the rental car to be honest.

Daffodil, we did Bon Voyage on Sunday morning and used the lyft app (we didn't pick up the car 'til Monday); as an aside, it was really good, my favourite character meal in five trips (Akershus, CRT twice, Tuskers [which we're doing again this trip]).
Hi. We never have a problem if we are dining at Citricos or the Grand Floridian Cafe. Mind you that's a 7.30pm arrival not breakfast.
They always tell me to park by the DVC area which is through the security barrier and first right then bear right again. Always places to park.
Plus only a few 100 yards to walk before you can do the rest of the walk under the long canopy over the path - handy if it's raining.

Edit. Being told to park there is nothing to do with us being DVC Members, it seems to be the area they push a lot of visitors to.

Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 18, 08:51 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by IndianaMac View Post

Thanks for the info, we are going for DD's birthday breakfast so we are hoping it will be a good choice. We did 1900 Park Fare breakfast last visit and we enjoyed that loads too, it was our favourite character meal and buffet so hope you enjoy it 😀
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 18, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
We don't eat breakfast - well just toast.

I must say we wander past 1900 quite a bit and also seen reviews on here a lot. Seems very popular and looks nice.