Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 17 Aug 18, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Your DHS day I would do Brown Derby for dinner for Fantasmic! instead of Mama Melrose. All package dinner times are pre 5pm so in that scenario we’d do a buffet breakfast, snack later in the day and early dinner. Then we’d maybe grab a snack on the way to Fantasmic! if we were hungry. Brown Derby is 2 credits.
Although we would happily eat 3 TS meals a day provided they were spread out I probably wouldn’t do a buffet breakfast plus 2 other TS meals. I’d also carefully consider what I was going to order. For example, I wouldn’t do Yak & Yeti lunch and The Yachtsman dinner on the same day as these are two of my favourites and I’d want to do them justice. Of course it all depends on the timings too.

Anyway, that’s just my thoughts. You know how you eat and what suits you.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 18, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Wigan Lass
Imagineer

Wow, that’s a lot of time and food. I want to do DxDDP one trip but so that we can book a TS breakfast and signature dinner each day rather than 3 meals. You e got your snack credits which can fill a lunchtime gap...I can’t see where you’re going to use yours.

Why not have a think about more signatures? Hollywood Brown Derby Fantasmic package...Cali Grill Dinner...Cali Grill brunch...Yachtsman...Citricos lots of lovely places you could do
Yacht Club October 2017
Contemporary October 2019
Wigan Lass is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 18, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Mobile

If we were on the deluxe plan I would be booking a TS breakfast/early lunch then mainly signatures for dinner (it would give us the chance to book most of them.) With a snack for lunch or breakfast.

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 18, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Well you have certainly used up your 33 credits lots of snack credits left over I'd guess, as you aren't going to need themWay too much food for us & from the outside looking in, your holiday is all going to be about food & making your ADR's & lot's of time sitting in restaurants. We are a sit down meal family but for us it's once a day & in most cases in the evening.
Our first time on DDP, 21 nights, we just found that Dining had taken over our holiday & you end up eating, not because you are hungry, but because that's when your ADR is!
Sd
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR

Edited at 02:19 PM.
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 18, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
MissFortune
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I don’t necessarily think that three meals a day is too much eating, it is fairly normal
True - but like you say, i'm sure most people don't have a large breakfast and then two 3-course meals in one day.

I think on paper it all looks great that you get to visit all these nice restaurants but I think after a few days you would hit a food wall!

Like other posters, i'd have a TS breakfast and then a 2TS dinner. It's the only way i'd personally be able to manage it. Otherwise I think we'd end up eating the next meal just because we had to rather than wanting it or feeling hungry.

There was a food report on here where the poster was doing something similar to you. I'll see if I can dig it out, it might be useful to read.

Here you go..

https://DIBB.in/11844917

Edited at 05:17 PM.
MissFortune is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 18, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by MissFortune View Post
True - but like you say, i'm sure most people don't have a large breakfast and then two 3-course meals in one day.

I’m sure too, I said three meals a day is normal. I don’t feel the need to eat a large breakfast or two three course meals (or even two course meals) just because I was on dining plan.

As I mentioned I would also get DxDP in order to do some signatures and would not do 3 ADRs in a day. I just sometimes feel there is a lot of comments about “too much food” as if everyone stuffs there face every meal time because it is possible.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 18, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazascouser
Apprentice Imagineer

Mazascouser's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Your holiday seems to revolve around food and That seems a lot of meal times for a child to have to behave But if you think you and your family can cope with 3 full meals a day well good luck to you. I would have thought the DDP may have been a better option if you have children, plus your meal plan is going to be costly in tips alone. But after all I have posted it is your holiday and it’s your choice what you do and when you do it. Happy holiday planning.
Mazascouser is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 18, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Pez01
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We just cane back from our trip on deluxe. We mainly did a character breakfast/ early lunch and one signature a day in the main but did squeeze on the odd 1 credit meal and a show. The signature meals are not too big but I found some places like 50s and Homecomin were just too much food. Having said that we used every meal credit and every snack credit only using 4 at the end for candy... but I hate being rushed and don’t like QS style and would always prefer the break and a menu. I would absolutely recommend throwing in more signature places ... enjoy planning xx

2001 Sheraton International Drive
2016 Caribbean Beach Resort
2017 Port Orleans Riverside
2018 Port Orleans Riverside and Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Port Orleans French Quarter and Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Disneyland Paris Disneyland Hotel
Pez01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 18, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post
ohana_mama
Helping Minnie

Hi! We are doing DxDDP in Nov - our first time using it, we have a 3year old and one year old with us too. We wanted to take WDW a bit more chilled and have more time sitting about as my parents will be with us part of the trip. We also have an allergy in our group and thought table service will eliminate a lot of the anxiety that can surround mealtimes when eating out. We are doing a lot of character dining , and couple of signatures these are mainly booked a bit earlier than what I would consider regular dining time so the kids are hopefully not annoying anyone/too tired. (Think I read somewhere that for instance California Grill is child friendly about 5-6pm) Another thing to consider are dinner shows. Good luck with the planning and adr day!
ohana_mama is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 18, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
adambaz
Proud to wear my Ears

Thanks for the inputs guys - really really appreciate the time you've taken to put across your views.

I've re-looked at the plan, and have re-jigged some things around, so it's less full on, and as per the suggestions, have included a couple of extra signature meals at the expense of some that we weren't too fussed about last time or those that we weren't that bothered about trying this time round.

Also switched around a couple of days to take full advantage of early park entry for breakfast guests (previously had our Epcot day with Garden Grill on a day when it was EMH morning anyway).

I don't imagine that we'll do Deluxe again, this is talking before we've even done it once! But it will be nice to give a few more restaurants a try this year, so we can pick some new favorites for when we come back.

Amended plan:

Tuesday
  • Arrive at Beach Club after 3 nights at Universal.
  • 7:30pm Dinner @ Cape May

Wednesday (Magic Kingdom) As before, but with Lunch and Dinner switched round to get Parade tickets included (Thanks LozzaManse!)
  • 1900's Park Fayre for Breakfast (with Alice)
  • Tony's Town Square for Lunch + VIP Parade Tickets Included
  • Jungle Navigation for Dinner

Thursday (Hollywood Studios) - Removed the Mama Melrose and 50's Prime Time for Lunch/Dinner, and replaced with single Hollywood Brown Derby for Dinner. (Thanks sha9!).
  • Hollywood and Vine for Breakfast (with Disney Junior crew)
  • Hollywood Brown Derby Dinner

Friday (Epcot) - Still fairly full food day, but all places we want to try.
  • Garden Grill for Breakfast (with Chip and Dale)
  • Via Napoli for Lunch
  • Teppen Edo for Dinner

Saturday (Animal Kingdom) - Unchanged
  • Rainforest Cafe for Early Lunch
  • Tiffins for Rivers Of Light Show Dinner Package

Sunday (Magic Kingdom) - Unchanged
  • Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique in the morning (it'll be my daughter's 3rd Birthday)
  • Cinderella's Royal Table for Lunch
  • Be Our Guest for Dinner

Monday (Hollywood Studios Morning, Epcot Evening) - Switched Sci Fi Diner to 50's Prime Time
  • 50's Prime Time Early Lunch
  • Le Cellier for Dinner

Tuesday (Blizzard Beach Day, Epcot Evening) - Switched the evening meal to Yachtsman , rather than Akershus.
  • Trattoria al Forno for Bon Voyage Breakfast (with Ariel etc)
  • Yachtsman for Dinner

Wednesday (Animal Kingdom) - Unchanged
  • Tusker House for character breakfast
  • Whispering Canyon for Dinner

Thursday (Magic Kingdom) - Unchanged
  • Ohana for Breakfast with Lili & Stitch
  • Hoop De Doo Music Reevo for Dinner show

Friday (Animal Kingdom until early evening) - Swapped Ale & Compas for Cape May Cafe Breakfast and Evening meal to Akershus. Again, still food heavy, but all places we want to go and can't fit them elsewhere.
  • Cape May Cafe Breakfast
  • Yak and Yeti for Lunch
  • Akershus Royal Banquet for Dinner

Saturday (Magic Kingdom) - Removed Cape May Cafe breakfast, and crystal palace for lunch, and replaced with California Grill Brunch. Thanks Wigan Lass!
  • California Grill Brunch
  • Set off to airport ~4pm for night flight home

Edited at 10:16 PM.
adambaz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List