Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 19 Aug 18, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post
mattyped
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Don't go back then...job done.
mattyped is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 18, 04:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Holidaylover19
VIP Dibber

Holidaylover19's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
Which month was your last visit, OP? August can be extremely hot (and so can September) so maybe it's just being worn out from being in a theme park all day? If you're onsite, that's a perfect excuse to visit the hotel pool!
Holidaylover19 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 18, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Sounds like you all agree its your last Disney trip OP, and thats fine, at least you all agree .
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 18, 05:03 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

I'm not sure what the problem is, you've done it twice and are moving on.
Personally I like Orlando and have done far more of it than just theme parks but I don't see the appeal of every holiday must be Disney , or even Florida. Some people love the familiarity of a holiday destination , some like to ring the changes. Neither is right or wrong.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 18, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post
traceyt
Imagineer

Ive been going over 20 years and its never lost its magic. The way we do it has changed over the years, and we have sussed out what makes it perfect for us. It took a few years to work it out, and im sure everyone has a different way of doing it. I have been lucky to also see mist other parts of the usa i live - going back to memphis, new orleans and nashville for the 3rd time next month. Already cant wait for next year at pofq though.
Old 19 Aug 18, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

I don't think any Disney trip we've done has been the same... we wouldn't want to replicate the same holiday. There's so much to see and do, you don't need to. We've rarely stayed at the same Hotel twice on or off site and always like to find new places to eat to try .
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 18, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Disney is different every time you go IF you make it different.

There is a big world out there and Disney is not the be all and end all of every holiday ----- I will get me coat!

I have been 12 times 5 times in a row and I found on trips four and five I had had enough.

I love going to Disney with different people, trips, when the children were young, were different from the teenage years and then the adult years. Always went five years apart. Went with a friend for a week, went with Mum and then family and daughters I expect next years with Grandson to be different again.

I suspect next years will be my last trip to WDW That's not an issue, and there is no shame in saying enough is enough. There are a great many people who would love to go just once and never will
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 18, 07:34 PM  
Link to this Post
rinroo
Very Serious Dibber

rinroo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 4
So far, every trip has been different for us.

Our first time we went with my parents in a villa offsite, we did it all (Disney, universal, Busch, SeaWorld, Kennedy) it was amazing. Our second trip we went just us and stayed at universal first, then DVC and did the MNSSHP totally different but still amazing. Our third visit we went for Christmas & New Year we did 3 DVC accommodations with DDP & a SeaWorld hotel I think this was our best trip so far. Our upcoming visit we're returning with our toddler so will be different again.

I guess for us, because we've done something new each visit its gotten better. I hope you enjoy your last few days!
*DLP Santa Fe 03-04-05-07**First WDW Trip Oct/Nov 2011**Sept/Oct 2014 RPR-AKV-POFQ**Christmas/NYE 2015/16 OKW BCV AKV* *Nov/Dec 2018 OKW - Daisy’s 1st Trip* *Feb 2020 POR/OKW* *Feb 2024 Dibb Villa ASM OKW AKL 3 weeks with just 3 of us*
rinroo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 18, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Bolto6
Imagineer

Oh it’s a shame that’s what you’ve decided, but I can understand why. We’ve had the same experience, but the way we’ve done it (before DD,) is to alternate our holidays. Disney one year then Universal/SW/KSC, maybe a couple of Disney parks, the next trip, we did find going 2 years in a row too much, so have done every other year. This time it’s 4 years since we’ve been and we now have DD, so this will be a totally new experience for us as we now have to do all the kiddie things we’ve previously avoided, like meet the Princesses.

We’ve also only previously stayed in LBV around Palm Parkway area, but because of our flights this time we’re staying on the 192, at the bottom of the 535, so we’re also trying a different area to stay in. Just trying to mix it up a bit.

People I know say to me, there’s more to Florida than Disney, and yes I know there is, but it’s what we like and actually it’s the only place me and DH have been for a 2 week holiday since we got together, this will be trip 6 in 11 years, and my 10th in total.

As a side point, we went to DLP earlier this year, for our Disney fix as our upcoming trip wasn’t planned at this point, and DD loved it, but for us, while it was nice, it just didn’t have the Disney vibe... although if they can bring Mickey and the Magician to WDW that would be fab as it is the best show we’ve seen in a Disney park.

Edited at 08:29 PM.
Bolto6 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 18, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
jemima2
Imagineer

Mobile

Our second trip was our fave by far. Both onsite but we enjoyed our second hotel much more and also didn't rush around as much. Also went off-site more and liked that. We would love to go back but not yet a while and probably be off-site. We really savoured our second trip much more and took time to enjoy it, more relaxed re planning etc. Next time we will be even more like that . At least you all agree 😀
jemima2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List