Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Closed Thread

Old 13 Jan 11, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by coastergirls View Post
Hi Emma offer just became available on 6th January I don't expect it will be around for months. Yes only 1 Annual pass at $110 needed and good for up to 6 people. Remember offer is for day at discovery Cove only you won't get any other park included and you can't upgrade the ticket and buy any other parks.
Thank you for replying, i'll book them as soon as i can then in this case, i want to snap this up before the deal ends! Thanks again
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 11, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post

oooooooooo thanks for the info, will try and book tonight :-)
Old 13 Jan 11, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post

Typed a detail meassage and it didn't upload Think I need a new computer!

So here goes (again)...

We are going to WDW in October 2011 (half term). Contemplating going to DC but not sure if the two DD (afe 4 and 6 at the time) will be too young and also if the water will be warm enough to swim

Decided to do SeaWorld but not any of the other tag on parks. Was going to pay about $79 each for a day pass so approx $316.

Now (if I've got this tight) I could buy one annual pass at $109 and three day pass at $79 so the total would be $346

But doing this would allow me to book non swim at DC for $69 (even in October?) where as it would normally be $149. Total for four at $69 each is $276 (saving $320 if we paid $149).

Total saving $250.

If we did 2 swim (DH and older DD) and two non swim (Me and younger DD) it would be $69 * 2 and $169 * 2 so a total of $476. Without the pass we were looking at $149*2 and $259*2 so a total of $816. Saving $360.

Ok so two qustions for you experts:

1) HOW do I book this? Buy the annual pass on SW website then ring DC... is there anyway of checking before buying the annual pass that I WILL get those prices in October too - there isn't anything on SW or DC website (I may not have looked in the right places though!)

2) Do I book four non swim or 2 swim and 2 non swim if I can get this offer

Thanks!
Old 13 Jan 11, 03:59 PM  
Link to this Post

Okay I have done this and hope this info helps:

We had to have one swim, but it was okay other three were nonswim
The price does not include tax: total was $446 for 1 swim and 3 non swim - you need to factor that in when working out prices
Operator said I could book more than one visit
My OH has to take his passport (paid on his card) not me (I hold the annual pass) This means you can potentially buy one pass and use it to purchase tickets for someone else as long as they use their credit card to pay.
They send e-tickets and I've had a nightmare getting them as my email address won't accept them!
Old 13 Jan 11, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post

One other question, the normal entrances to DC usually include access to one of the parks, or if you get ultimate to Busch/SWand aquatica, does this offer for include the access to the one other park or is it just the day entry for DC only?
Old 13 Jan 11, 04:04 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by SHJ View Post
if the water will be warm enough to swim
Definitely - we went in Feb and it was fine - they supply you with wet suits if you want one anyway - we didn't

But doing this would allow me to book non swim at DC for $69 (even in October?) where as it would normally be $149. Total for four at $69 each is $276 (saving $320 if we paid $149).
No because you have to pay tax AND you have to have one swim

1) HOW do I book this? Buy the annual pass on SW website then ring DC... is there anyway of checking before buying the annual pass that I WILL get those prices in October too - there isn't anything on SW or DC website (I may not have looked in the right places though!)
Buy the pass on the site then print it out and ring them - they are very helpful.

If you are unsure as to whether Oct is included then ring and ask! 0018888005447
Old 13 Jan 11, 04:05 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by karen_uk View Post
One other question, the normal entrances to DC usually include access to one of the parks, or if you get ultimate to Busch/SWand aquatica, does this offer for include the access to the one other park or is it just the day entry for DC only?
Day entry only: no upgrading
Old 13 Jan 11, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks Laura! Very useful info :-)

Will see if hubby and DD fancy a swim with the dolphins ...
Old 13 Jan 11, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
coastergirls
VIP Dibber

coastergirls's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Hi everyone just to clarify you DON'T need to purchase a swim. You can have 4 non swims. Discovery cove direct offer non swims. Other companys may insist on at least one swim but Discovery cove do not. I have the confirmation for my 5 NON swims.
You also need to have proof of your annual pass when you go to discovery cove if you don't physically have your pass to hand with the barcode on the back. So if you have an e ticket to collect your pass you need to take your pass with you.
SHJ you could contact DC yourself and say you are buying an annual pass but just want to make sure DC offer is still on as if it not you will wait till you get to Florida before buying.
They might offer you the deal without the pass and tell you to take the pass. If it still on you could then go online buy the pass and call them back.
Old 13 Jan 11, 11:02 PM  
Link to this Post

just had a thought if we book two swim and two non swim throught the DC website it shows as $869 (which includes a one day pass to SeaWorl).

To buy one annual SW pass and 3 SW day pass to get the $69 non swim and $169 swin offer for DC ther total (to do SW and DC) would be $822 ($346 for SW tickets and $476 for DC only).

So not a savings really ... the $45 saved is probably the tax we would pay on the DC $69 offer?

How I just got this wrong?
Closed Thread