Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 13 May 19, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Loulabelle18
slightly serious Dibber

I’m a couple of days behind but caught up now! Sooo much fab food. Did you happen to notice if you can just order sides from Polite Pig as DH and DS really want to go but I don’t eat ribs etc?
Think you’ve saved me a trek from POR to POFQ for the beignets 👍
Hope you had a lovely birthday Lily 🎂
Loulabelle18 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 19, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

Mobile

Hope Lily enjoyed her birthday breakfast. I’ve booked and cancelled Ohana on each of our last three trips - maybe we should give breakfast a try instead.
mrsdjh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 19, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Clairebear
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

The birthday breakfast looked fab! I’m planning to do one for my birthday when we are there. Any recommendations? We will be paying OOP.

The BOG lunch looked super tasty and on a QS credit too!

Your posts are making me super hungry!
Clairebear is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 19, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

What a pity that Evie is too cool for the character’s now, hopefully she’ll warm up as the trip goes along.

Character breakfasts are very pricey OOP but you’re definitely paying for the experience and Lily looks so happy.

Drooling over your French Dip pictures, unfortunately we have no room for lunch at BOG and I am very sad about that!

Food court options look fantastic, especially the pasta.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 19, 12:53 AM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Mobile

Glad you and the birthday girl loved Ohana breakfast. The mickey shapes beignets are cute.
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 19, 06:46 AM  
Link to this Post
mojo.121
Excited about Disney

Glad you came out of O’hana’s enjoying it better than last time and hope Lily had a brilliant birthday!
Great update thanks for sharing
M.
mojo.121 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 19, 07:56 AM  
Link to this Post
JenD1
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

Mobile

Finally a successful trip to O’Hana! Never too old for a character meal 😉
Old 14 May 19, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Originally Posted by DollyDimples View Post
Looks like you fared reasonably well for food. Hope Lily enjoyed her special day.
We ate way too much that day!

Originally Posted by Cha cha View Post
Enjoyed catching up on your report.😊
Is the create your own pasta at FQ the same set up as POR? Choose your pasta, sauce, veges, protein & they cook it while you wait?

I'm looking forward to trying the Maple glazed cinnamon roll. Does the maple glazing give it a slightly different taste to a regular cinnamon roll?

Hope you have a lovely day today 😀
Yes the pasta is the same set up. The glaze gave it a very different taste to other cinnamon rolls. Lovely

Originally Posted by dismamx2 View Post
Great eats! We love Lilo & Stitch breakfast, Stitch is also my DD's favorite character (she's 19 ), we found we did have to ask for more food but it was brought over straight away so no issues. We can take or leave BOG, we've done breakfast and lunch, we go for the atmosphere/novelty not for the food lol.

Love POFQ, I liked the beignets, dd's didn't but we just got square ones not Mickey shaped

Hope you are all having a great time
We are having a great time so

Originally Posted by Kpzorse View Post
I have loved reading this so far. We missed out n the beignets last time we stayed at POFQ so can't wait to try them when we go this Sept!
They do a beignets sundae as well but that’s not a snack credit

Originally Posted by katnav View Post
A great day of food. We had a late breakfast at Ohana and it wasn't great so look a like early is better.

I felt the same as you about the beignets, we won't be getting them again this summer.

Enjoy and thanks for sharing
Thank you. I’m guessing one the character places get full then they can get manic. First thing is a bit calmer

Originally Posted by Loulabelle18 View Post
I’m a couple of days behind but caught up now! Sooo much fab food. Did you happen to notice if you can just order sides from Polite Pig as DH and DS really want to go but I don’t eat ribs etc?
Think you’ve saved me a trek from POR to POFQ for the beignets 👍
Hope you had a lovely birthday Lily 🎂
Thank you. Yes you can definitely order just sides from The Polite Pig.

Originally Posted by mrsdjh View Post
Hope Lily enjoyed her birthday breakfast. I’ve booked and cancelled Ohana on each of our last three trips - maybe we should give breakfast a try instead.
We really enjoyed it. Very quick meal though

Originally Posted by Clairebear View Post
The birthday breakfast looked fab! I’m planning to do one for my birthday when we are there. Any recommendations? We will be paying OOP.

The BOG lunch looked super tasty and on a QS credit too!

Your posts are making me super hungry!
All the character breakfasts are a similar cost. Our favourite is always a Tusker House. We haven’t done that yet though

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
What a pity that Evie is too cool for the character’s now, hopefully she’ll warm up as the trip goes along.

Character breakfasts are very pricey OOP but you’re definitely paying for the experience and Lily looks so happy.

Drooling over your French Dip pictures, unfortunately we have no room for lunch at BOG and I am very sad about that!

Food court options look fantastic, especially the pasta.
We’ve managed to get her to do a few photos in Chef Mickey’s! The French Dip was really good. It surprised me.

The food court has been really good so far

Originally Posted by dixonsontour View Post
Glad you and the birthday girl loved Ohana breakfast. The mickey shapes beignets are cute.
Thank you. Beignets I think are a very marmite type food. Love it or hate it

Originally Posted by mojo.121 View Post
Glad you came out of O’hana’s enjoying it better than last time and hope Lily had a brilliant birthday!
Great update thanks for sharing
M.
She did. Thanks for reading

Originally Posted by JenD1 View Post
Finally a successful trip to O’Hana! Never too old for a character meal 😉
Still not going back for dinner though
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 19, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
TOY STORY EXTRA MORNING MAGIC BREAKFAST:BACKLOT EXPRESS

I will detail the actual event in the main trip report but after the extra morning magic event had finished at 9am we made our way over to the Backlot Express for breakfast which was included in the price. It was supposed to be at the ABC Commissary but that is shut for a refurb.

We timed it perfectly as it was quiet inside but several minutes after we had sat down it got very busy.

You chose a main breakfast from the counter q/s style but there was also buffet offerings as well.

The choice was quite an odd selection and I was a little worried we’d all find something.

Lily went for the kids scrambled eggs and sweet potato tots which she enjoyed.

The rest of us went for fried chicken and donuts with sweet potato tots. I was unsure what this would be like but it was lovely and we all enjoyed it. It had maple syrup on the dish as well.

The buffet included cereals, pastries, fruits, yoghurts and a selection of drinks. It was all good.

We all enjoyed this and were surprised how much so.

Edited at 04:41 PM.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 19, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post
DollyDimples
Getting Excited

Mobile

Thank you. I was keen to see your report on the the Toy Story EMM as we have this booked for our trip.

Looks like there are choices there that all three of us could happily pick from.

Glad you all enjoyed it.

I will try to remember to head over to wherever we are eating (our booking says ABC too) sharp as the park opens to beat the queues too.
DollyDimples is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List