Old 4 Jun 19, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Shame about boma but donuts look good. Love yak and yeti.
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 19, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

Mobile

Yak and Yeti always looks great. Shame about Boma but doughnuts for breakfast is a must on holiday!
mrsdjh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 19, 06:59 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Originally Posted by TinkerSmee View Post
Yak and Yeti is going straight on my list!

Great Report!
Thanks for reading

Originally Posted by Th1nkT1nk View Post
The food looks delicious at yak and yeti- I’m salivating 😂
Always one of the best meals

Originally Posted by GezzasGem View Post
Excited to try yak and yeti for first time this trip! Such a shame about Boma though- but as you say a lot of money saved 😄
Especially as I was paying

Originally Posted by NewtoOrlando View Post
It is absoloutely acceptable to have donuts for breakfast in Orlando! We had them the 3 days we were club level at the Hard Rock, and when offsite the $0.99 ones at the WAWA gas station were frequently eaten haha. No wonder my waistline hasn't recovered. lol.

We love Yak and Yeti, the only Disney TS we have eaten at twice, and it's on the list for this year too. Landrys cards are great aren't they, we're intending on doing the same with an 'October' birthday each lol.
It’s the one place where that breakfast would be acceptable

Originally Posted by dixonsontour View Post
Shame about boma but donuts look good. Love yak and yeti.
Only shame was we didn’t get to Dunkin Donuts as well!

Originally Posted by mrsdjh View Post
Yak and Yeti always looks great. Shame about Boma but doughnuts for breakfast is a must on holiday!
I wish I could have them for breakfast here!
gjdjud is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 19, 07:25 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
DISCOVERY COVE

These aren’t the best photos unfortunately.

So we checked in at 7.10 thinking it was open at 7.15am. Turns out it was 6.45am but never mind. The queue for breakfast had died down by the time we got there.

Food wise I wasn’t overly impressed when we went in 2017 so I was hoping for an improvement on then. All food and drink is included in the day. Some alcoholic drinks you buy a separate drinks package. That’s not something we did.

Breakfast was ok. Nothing special but it did a job. It’s like a canteen with different selections you can ask for. We noted lots had been pre plated that you could grab as you walked past. There was also fruit, pastries etc.

Not many photos for breakfast I’m afraid.

Next onto one of the highlights of the holiday. I’ll go into more depth in the trip report when I get to this day but I had secretly booked the Elite Cabana Package. I really fought with the decision of whether to keep this booking or not due to the expense but I was so pleased we did. I had requested one over looking the dolphin pool and that’s exactly what we got. Pics of the cabana in the trip report but we had a little chest filled with snacks and a fridge stocked with water and soft drinks. The cabana was fantastic!

At various places you get snacks as well throughout the day. It was things like peanuts, crisps, rice crispy treats etc. Hot snacks were available as well but changed depending on the time of day. For instance it was salty pretzels until 12 noon and then different types of warm cookies after. Photo fail I’m afraid.

We had lunch around 1.15pm after we finished our dolphin swim. It wasn’t to busy queue wise and I found it personally much better than last time. The was a wide variety of food including kids choices as well and some nice desserts. I’ve a few photos of what we had.

So we certainly didn’t go hungry!

Overall we had a brilliant day and we all enjoyed it far more than we did in 2017 and turned out to be one of the biggest highlights of the holiday. I do think the cabana helped with this though. Very doubtful we will do this again due to the expense but for this trip the cost was worth it

Edited at 08:36 AM.
gjdjud is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 19, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

Mobile

Just finished catching up on your report.
The food at Yak and Yeti looks lovely.
I'm going to make sure I try the vegetable teriyaki bowl at ABC, it looks yummy.
😊
Cha cha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 19, 12:35 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Originally Posted by Cha cha View Post
Just finished catching up on your report.
The food at Yak and Yeti looks lovely.
I'm going to make sure I try the vegetable teriyaki bowl at ABC, it looks yummy.
😊
Thanks for reading

She really enjoyed it and was something different.
Old 5 Jun 19, 06:34 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
CHEF ART SMITHS HOMECOMIN

So after our successful day at Discovery Cove Kelly had wanted to find some more time for some shopping at Disney Springs as there were a few bits she and the girls wanted to get. Being as cunning as a fox like I am, I saw this as the perfect opportunity to get to Homecomin. This has always been somewhere I wanted to go. It wasn't considered when we were onsite with the ddp as I wasn't sure the girls would like it. So I set the Touring Plans reservation finder to work. My luck came in and a 7.30pm reservation came up a couple of days before. So hat in hand, head bowed I said to Kelly about going when we were in between shops Call me Fantastic Mr Fox.

We arrived about 15 minutes early but were seated within minutes.

Our server was nice but a little taken aback when I said I knew nothing about the chef Art Smith. I was tempted to ask him if he knew who Tony Tobin was but thought better of it.

We resisted the urge to get appertisers even though I desperatley wanted the Thigh High Chicken Biscuits.

The girls chose from the kids menu and as per my suggestion went for the fried chicken tenders as I raved about the chicken. Of course they didn't like it! If it had been cheap muck they'd have loved it. Lily had mac and cheese and Evie fries with hers.

Kelly went for Addie Mae's Chicken & Dumpling Soup
Simple, delicious, and filled with house-made dumplings, chicken, and veggies. Just like Momma used to make. The server decribed it like the inside of a chicken pie. Kelly asked for hers without peas. The photo makes it looks very dull but she absolutley loved it.

I consider myself a fried chicken conniseur so there was only one choice for me Art's Famous Fried Chicken Buttermilk-brined for 24 hours then perfectly fried and served with creamy mashed potatoes, a cheddar drop biscuit and love. I really enjoyed this. Really juicy moist chicken. I loved the mash as well and the sausage gravy. My only thing was that I couldn't finish it I was too full.

So good you get two photos

No desserts as they looked huge and would have been a waste as we were paying oop.

Overall a really enjoyable meal for the adults. The kids not so much.

Edited at 12:45 PM.
Old 5 Jun 19, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

I'm so pleased you managed to get your trip to Homecomin - even if you were very sneaky Shame the girls didn't like it but your meal looks delicious.
mrsdjh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 19, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Shimmigirl
slightly serious Dibber

I hope you loaded your bags with all the snacks and drinks from your cabana - we came out of DC with several days snacks x
Shimmigirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 19, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Mobile

Your chicken looks lovely 😊
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List