Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 6 Jun 19, 10:59 PM  
Link to this Post
EllieP
Imagineer

Mobile

Liking the look of Texas Roadhouse, think my hubby would be in steak heaven! We love Longhorns but be nice to try somewhere different for a change.
EllieP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 19, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Mobile

$90 for the Texas Roadhouse seems so reasonable!
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 19, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Originally Posted by Mel49 View Post
Enjoying reading along and Texas Road House has now been added to my list as the food looks great and we're staying at Encandata too so not far to go.
Hope you enjoy Encantada. It was lovely.

Originally Posted by EllieP View Post
Liking the look of Texas Roadhouse, think my hubby would be in steak heaven! We love Longhorns but be nice to try somewhere different for a change.
It’s very similar to Longhorn. You can’t go wrong with either

Originally Posted by SquishTheWhale View Post
$90 for the Texas Roadhouse seems so reasonable!
It definitely was but that was without one of the girls eating
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 19, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
CRACKER BARREL

Please excuse the quality of photos in this one.

This has been on the to do list for a while. On previous visits we’d never been located close to one so now we were situated on the 192 the gave us a perfect opportunity to try it. When I pictured Cracker Barrel in my head I saw something from backward, out in the middle of nowhere Town, USA. Perhaps it’s the penchant for grits on the menu or maybe just because I’m slightly odd.

The girls weren’t that happy about going out to breakfast and this reflected in the meal itself.

When we tried to go the other day on Memorial Sunday and there was a queue out the door but when we turned up at 8.30am Wednesday morning it was very quiet. I was hoping to see an old timer with no teeth sitting on one of the rocking chairs outside, whittling away while drinking moonshine but sadly not. No Duelling Banjoes on the speakers either.

We walked through the shop to be seated in a very quiet restaurant.The girls were bickering and arguing so I wasn’t in the best of mood because of this. This unfortunately comes out in the lack of photos. Food photo fail.

Our sever came quickly and took drink orders while we had a look at the menu. The girls weren’t particularly happy about the kids menu so we just ordered them a couple of pancakes each with some fruit. Both didn’t like their pancakes. They said it was the oil they were cooked with but I don’t know.

A grumpy Lily.

Kelly ordered apple and cinnamon pancakes. She really liked hers. She thought the pancakes were good and found them much nicer to eat than the ones at Keke’s(I duck as write this incase Keke’s apostles throw forks at me.)

The cool little bottles the maple syrup is served in. Kelly would drink this neat.

As I seem fixated with old timers, I went for the Old Timers breakfast. I went sans eggs though as I don’t like them. I had pancakes, hash brown casserole, bacon and sugar ham. I really enjoyed mine. The hash brown casserole was particularly good. Both me and Kelly enjoyed the pancakes and had no idea what the girls were on about to be honest.

I thought the food was good and I liked Cracker Barrel. The kids behaviour ruined it a little bit but I’d definitely like to try it again one day. Strangely being so quiet was a little off putting as well. It cost $58 with tip.

Once we’d finished we had a little look in the shop before heading off for the day.

Without the kids it would have been good but probably sadly relegated to less memorable meals.

Edited at 09:25 AM.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 19, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Mobile

Shame the kids weren’t feeling Cracker Barrel. I like it but haven’t been recently as there isn’t one up near universal.
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 19, 06:32 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Originally Posted by dixonsontour View Post
Shame the kids weren’t feeling Cracker Barrel. I like it but haven’t been recently as there isn’t one up near universal.
I think after a few breakfast the kids found it a bit generic and the same which was a shame.
Old 8 Jun 19, 08:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Just catching up with this report, it has been great and you have eaten at so many great places, it is also surprising the ones youve enjoyed the most! We stay along 192 most of the time now when we are in orlando, part hotel and part time villa, i struggle with 2 weeks in hotel! I will defintely needto try Texas roadhouse, looks great and we also love longhorns, just so many places to eat at! I need to check out you other report too!
I think all kids get so tired with the whole holiday thing, DD changes quite a bit to being a bit grumpy too after about ten days!
Old 8 Jun 19, 11:22 AM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
That steak at Texas Roadhouse looks amazing! I am really going to try and get there this year because we didn't think much of Outback & Mannys on our previous trips!

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 19, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
mojo.121
Excited about Disney

Just caught up with your report some great updates there Texas Roadhouse looks really nice.
I think we all know that tired and stroppy feeling.
M.
mojo.121 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 19, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Originally Posted by Bootrip2 View Post
Just catching up with this report, it has been great and you have eaten at so many great places, it is also surprising the ones youve enjoyed the most! We stay along 192 most of the time now when we are in orlando, part hotel and part time villa, i struggle with 2 weeks in hotel! I will defintely needto try Texas roadhouse, looks great and we also love longhorns, just so many places to eat at! I need to check out you other report too!
I think all kids get so tired with the whole holiday thing, DD changes quite a bit to being a bit grumpy too after about ten days!
Texas Roadhouse is definitely worth ago. We’ve gone the other way. We’ve decided we’re definitely a hotel family

Originally Posted by NewtoOrlando View Post
That steak at Texas Roadhouse looks amazing! I am really going to try and get there this year because we didn't think much of Outback & Mannys on our previous trips!
We didn’t rate Outback in 2017. We ended up ding Mannys twice. First time I’ve already reported on and we enjoyed. Second time I’ve yet to do but it’s a very different story second time

Originally Posted by mojo.121 View Post
Just caught up with your report some great updates there Texas Roadhouse looks really nice.
I think we all know that tired and stroppy feeling.
M.
Thanks for reading. Still a few more updates to come