Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 20 Jun 19, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

I always worry about my tray waiting for me while I’m being searched - which always happens. I travel solo and have nobody to keep an eye on it.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 19, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie18
Imagineer

Mobile

To be fair it is really easy done. I accidentally picked up someone else's keys and took them to Paris. I only realised a few days later when I gave them to dh and he said there not our keys. I handed them back in at the airport once we had landed.
Minnie18 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 19, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Alices Aunt
Imagineer

Mobile

I read the story in the newspaper and I cannot say that what she did was on purpose or not. The tray was empty as the other person had forgotten it (a 10k watch wow). As she picked it up to hand it in her daughter distracted her and she said she forgot about it. Didn’t mention it on holiday to her husband and handed it back to the police when she stopped when she got back.

All of this was on cctv and a jury found her not guilty. I haven’t seen the video so can’t say if she did it on purpose or got distracted and forgot.

Not everything is black and white.
Alices Aunt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 19, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Last year we went through and one of our trays was picked out for screening and wiping. It took ages and I was juggling putting shoes on andd trying to wait at two counters for six trays

I walked off with five trays and left the one behind with the iPad and camera etc in it.

A lovely lady passenger came haring after us to tell us. The security people wouldn't let her get the stuff out to follow us - fair enough - and not would they follow after us either.

I am very grateful to that lady for helping us. Good and bad in folks as always.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 19, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Beaker's Fluff
Imagineer

When we were at Gatwick a couple of years ago we overheard somebody say they had their iPad stolen from the tray, they had just come back from reporting it.
We always go through and watch each other’s things, not so easily done when they call you to different lines and you get stopped for a frisk.
It really seems easy for people to hang around a bit at the end of the line.
I saw a video once of somebody getting infront of a lady, he knew he was going to get stopped as he purposely set the alarms off, this held her up and aided his dodgy friend to help himself to her stuff.

1997/1998 Quality Inn.2006 Villa.2007&2008Fairfield
2013 LBV Resort and Spa 2015 Sheraton Times Sq.NY.
2016 Barcelo Teguise Beach 2016 Trump Int Toronto
2016 Xmas in NY.2018 LBV Resort And Spa 2019 Croatia Venice and Boston
Beaker's Fluff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 19, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Dougie
Imagineer

Dougie's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Who takes their watch off? Neither my Wife or I will.

I couldn't care less what they say, they stay on our wrists.
So if security asked you to put your watch through in a tray you would refuse ?
Dougie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 19, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by Dougie View Post
So if security asked you to put your watch through in a tray you would refuse ?
Yes I would. We have had this discussion on here before. I will put it in my case or they can do it themselves.

It's my late Dads 1951 watch and it's metal so no batteries etc. Can never be a risk but I'm not putting it in a tray.

I do whatever I'm told within reason. I won't cow tow to nonsensical requests unless backed up by a reason.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 19, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
paw
Imagineer

We’ve started taking watches and valuables off before security and putting them in a pocket of our bags. Doesn’t help with iPad and iPhones though.

Couple of weeks ago at Manchester I put my Kindle, iPad and iPhone in a tray - coat in tray 1, bag in tray 3 with medicines. I was then held up for ages - no medicines without the prescription and passport (total made up rule). Then alarm goes off in normal tunnel (had warned them about my knee replacement, same security woman by the way) through X-ray; full pat down; checked for explosives; shoes off; sit down and raise legs separately and finally patting my bad knee - it hurt and I screamed loudly to make a point. Finally let through to find she had taken my iPad and iPhone out and put them in separate trays behind half a dozen others. Luckily DH spotted her and rescued them at the other end while I spent 15 minutes being checked.
paw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 19, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

DH goes through first, then i put all electronics and meds through, then our normal stuff then me and DD go through, by the time w are through ipad/med tray is usually still being checked and DH has unloaded other bags. I just hate security, DD panics as her bunny has to go through x ray, last time we paid for fast track which was brilliant.
Old 20 Jun 19, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Last year we was flapping around unboxing and putting each insulin cartridge into clear bags as instructed, it was so stressful and my son was getting upset we ended up rushing to collect all our belongings on the other end of the x Ray. Next minute a guy was calling us back because we had completely left a tray full including an I pad.
So mistakes can easily be made in stressful situations, however i think I would notice if I had something that did not belong to me! Especially something expensive like a watch.
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List