Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 15 Aug 19, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

I have dug a little deeper and I think an official letter comes through UCAS within 5-7 days so I think that is when they confirm their place. I would be grateful if anyone can confirm this, and have any experience of how it works from here with accepting the offer and student finance too
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 19, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post
MichelleB
Imagineer

If she has email from the uni that should give next steps? Or on ucas track? Lots of admin re. enrolling on the course, accepting accommodation etc. But they should walk her through it by email or website.
Think Student Finance just happens, presumably unis have to confirm names of students on each course to them.

WDW Feb 2007 Bahama Bay
Beach Club/HRH/ Bella Piazza condo Oct 2010 New York April 2012
HRH and OKW August 2014. Boston, White Mts and Maine 2016
Planning for California Sept 2019
MichelleB is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 19, 03:23 PM  
Link to this Post
roxie2001
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
I have dug a little deeper and I think an official letter comes through UCAS within 5-7 days so I think that is when they confirm their place. I would be grateful if anyone can confirm this, and have any experience of how it works from here with accepting the offer and student finance too
Jess enrolled this morning, she was offered a uni doctor when she did. She also confirmed her accommodation. I guess this will be different for you though as you don’t know where she will be.
I have asked her if she has emails confirming all this and she said she has.
Did the Santander student account, 10 minutes is a lie!
You needed photos of passport, another bank account, student finance and the UCAS offer. She took a screen shot of the offer as haven’t had the letter yet.
They asked how much rent she would be paying monthly and how much loan would be monthly. We are now waiting to see if they need any more information.
roxie2001 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 19, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyWannabe
Imagineer

DD didn't get grades she wanted (some part due to the lack of teaching quality at her 6th form) but has received an unconditional offer the morning from her first choice Uni (Newcastle) for slightly different course (but will get her where she wants to go career wise) so has decided to accept.

She accepted the offer through UCAS website, so now just waiting for details of what accommodation they will offer.

Completed the Santander application and used a download copy of her unconditional offer letter that was available this morning, don't know if this will be accepted, but will see.

Well done to all those getting their results they have done amazingly no matter what grade they got, there was so much controversy surrounding them this year.
Old 15 Aug 19, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post
DizzyDisneyMum
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Dd is out so I can't ask her about accepting the course (although hers was unconditional so may have been different anyway) I know that she had to actually start uni before student finance released any money though (think it was about 3-5 days after registering on the course, late September). I'm sure that it was all really straight forward though as she didn't seem to stress about any of it, and she worries about everything 🙂. I will ask her what she remembers when she gets home. X
DizzyDisneyMum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 19, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
THOscar
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyWannabe View Post
DD didn't get grades she wanted (some part due to the lack of teaching quality at her 6th form) but has received an unconditional offer the morning from her first choice Uni (Newcastle) for slightly different course (but will get her where she wants to go career wise) so has decided to accept.

She accepted the offer through UCAS website, so now just waiting for details of what accommodation they will offer.

Completed the Santander application and used a download copy of her unconditional offer letter that was available this morning, don't know if this will be accepted, but will see.

Well done to all those getting their results they have done amazingly no matter what grade they got, there was so much controversy surrounding them this year.
It's entirely possible to change degree after a year of study so don't let the degree she starts on stop her from changing.
THOscar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 19, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
ELLENUT
Imagineer

My DS needed ABB for his course - got BCD and still had an offer for his chosen course at University of Kent which is amazing. He is still not 100% he has contacted them and they are deferring until next Sept.

Well done to everyone
1992: Days Inn Lakeside 1994:HOliday inn Maingate East 2006:Pop Century 2008:Saratoga Villas 2010:Regal oaks 2013:Indian Ridge Villa 2015:BA Club,Disney,POR,Villa, RPR,2016 United business, Sunset Ridge villa 2019: Virgin, 4 Corners Villa 2023: CSR & 4 Corners Villa again!
ELLENUT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 19, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by MichelleB View Post
If she has email from the uni that should give next steps? Or on ucas track? Lots of admin re. enrolling on the course, accepting accommodation etc. But they should walk her through it by email or website.
Think Student Finance just happens, presumably unis have to confirm names of students on each course to them.
If you have an offer from student finance then it should just happen if you are going to the same course and you have signed your letter to accept the offer.

It is triggered by the act of registering at the university on the very first day (so don't get so drunk the night before that you are too hungover to go down and register on the first day) 😧.

Oh how I laughed when the bid for bank of mum and dad came in after this!

Don't forget to update the student loans records with details of any new student bank accounts. This is a good opportunity to check for your own reassurance that the right uni and course is logged against your name.

Edited at 03:57 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 19, 04:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Leanne1977
Imagineer

Leanne1977's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Delighted for Harry. He didn’t make the grades he needed, which we expected given his health issues over the past year. However his firm choice Uni have offered him a foundation year for Physics. So he is very happy and so are we! Proud of you son ❤️🥂🍾
Leanne1977 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 19, 04:21 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by MichelleB View Post
The University email says she will hear about accommodation by next Wednesday and has to register between 4-14th of September so I’m presuming she doesn’t have to confirm she is accepting any other way. UCAS track says place is confirmed and there is a button to decline the place but no mention of having to confirm in any way.

Maybe we are overthinking as that sounds clear now I’ve written it down, but I felt she would need to press a confirm button 😀
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List