Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 21 Aug 19, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Macca04
Imagineer

Mobile

It was due to this thread we decided to claim apparently we had some loans with NatWest that had ppi, just waiting to hear if we’ll get anything back.
Macca04 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 06:13 AM  
Link to this Post
craigdaniels@b
Trying for More Ears

We put a claim in on the strength of reading this thread. Used reclaimppi.com as recommended, they do only charge 10% plus vat so actually 12% which is much less than other companies. Just got cheques totalling £6300. Was totally convinced neither of us had PPI. Thank you to the OP for starting the thread.
craigdaniels@b is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 07:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Macca04
Imagineer

Originally Posted by craigdaniels@b View Post
We put a claim in on the strength of reading this thread. Used reclaimppi.com as recommended, they do only charge 10% plus vat so actually 12% which is much less than other companies. Just got cheques totalling £6300. Was totally convinced neither of us had PPI. Thank you to the OP for starting the thread.
Wow what a fantastic outcome, well done and enjoy spending the refund.
Macca04 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 08:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Astrid
Imagineer

Astrid's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Well, thanks to this thread I decided I had nothing to lose by doing what the original poster has suggested and I've filled in the form (nothing like leaving it til the last minute!)! I'm sure I've never had anything but here's hoping and thank you!

October '89 - Quality Inn; March '99 & March '01 - Comfort Inn LBV; March '02 - ASMu; May '03 - Royal Plaza, Hard Rock & Polynesian;
December '03 - Grand Marriot, Hard Rock & Dolphin; May '04 - Dolphin & WDW Yacht Club
October '05 - Hard Rock & Villa; May/June '07 - Villa & RPH; Feb '09 - Villa; Oct/Nov '13 - Villa
April '18 - Hard Rock; Sept ‘19 - Villa
Astrid is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post
catlady
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 4
Mobile

I've filled their form into just now! We did do it a few years ago but thought it was worth a last minute try! 👍 thank you OP!
Old 22 Aug 19, 04:30 PM  
Link to this Post
BnDamo
Imagineer

BnDamo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 12
A provider is obliged to hold your paperwork for no longer than 6 years after the account has been paid off or closed. If you have no paperwork and it has been over 6 years you can request a DSAR from the provider. A DSAR is a request for the provider to look further into your records just in case any documents may remain. A DSAR is usually free of charge but holds no guarantee and this will take the provider 30 days.
If you’re not sure whether your policy was mis-sold you should contact the Financial Ombudsman Service.

. You make a complaint to your provider to give them a chance to resolve the issue. They have up to 8 weeks to respond and should acknowledge your complaint within 5 working days.

2. If they don’t respond within this time or you’re unhappy with what they say, you can contact the Financial Ombudsman Service and ask them to look into your case. The Financial Ombudsman Service was set up by Parliament to provide consumers with a quick and informal way to resolve certain disputes with authorised firms this would have to be within the space of 6 months from receiving the final decision the contact number is 0800 121 6222 and the opening hours are Monday to Friday 8am till 8pm and Saturday 9am till 1pm.

Edited at 04:32 PM.
BnDamo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 19, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
llamala
Imagineer

An update, we have been told that some very old storecard we had many years ago had PPi, we have to contact the account holder who is now Santander,the storecard was Debenhams.
Will sort out soon so fx we actually get something.
llamala is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 19, 05:29 PM  
Link to this Post
djewkes
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by ChrisS View Post
Di, as you set the ball rolling on this for so many Dibbers, may I ask if you've online filed R40 (tax deducted from savings and investments) against monies paid the taxman on your behalf? Initially Reclaim completed the form for me to print/post to IR, I noted an option to file online and copied the 3 lines Reclaim completed. Basic rate taxpayers can earn £1,000/year in savings interest before paying tax
Hi Chris, I claimed online and couldn’t seem to do it? So I rang, must have been November time, and today I got a letter asking me to claim my refund of £191.60 online so they pay it direct to my bank account within 5 days (genuine, not a scam)... so I did get the refund eventually...

May 2012 3 weeks Highgate villa, RPR & Barefoot Beach Resort
May 2010 2 weeks The Point Orlando Resort & Clearwater
djewkes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 19, 01:48 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by djewkes View Post
Hi Chris, I claimed online and couldn’t seem to do it? So I rang, must have been November time, and today I got a letter asking me to claim my refund of £191.60 online so they pay it direct to my bank account within 5 days (genuine, not a scam)... so I did get the refund eventually...
Thanks Di, I realised only yesterday that whilst I completed, and it was apparently accepted, online for hubs we haven't heard anything since. Better get him to give them a ring. Thanks Di x
Old 2 Oct 19, 11:19 PM  
Link to this Post
kellsbells
Imagineer

I had a successful claim through reclaim PPI (thanks to this thread I might add!) some months back. I've just had another email from them saying I might be due more back due to plevin. I have heard of this but I wondered if anyone else has been through this process with this company as they are saying they need to engage lawyers to claim (it's a substantial amount they are suggesting I might be due back). They have said the fee would be higher than the 10% they charged before, I don't mind this as i'm highly unlikely to pursue this myself. The company they are offering to refer me to is Pentacle Disputes Ltd. Any experience anyone has had would be welcome

kellsbells is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List