Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 27 Feb 19, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Lucky23
Excited about Disney

Townhouse - Emerald Island

Is this a nice area to rent a townhouse? Is it in walking distance to restaurants ? Thanks
Lucky23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 19, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
taylaboo
Imagineer

We have stayed in a villa at Emerald Isle. Its a lovely gated community not far from the parks and close to shops and restaurants. Its a mixture of villas, town houses and bungalows. It has a nice club house as well. It would be quite a walk to the restaurants and shops but doable.

Edited at 02:49 PM. Reason: More info
taylaboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 19, 03:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Lucky23
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by taylaboo View Post
We have stayed in a villa at Emerald Isle. Its a lovely gated community not far from the parks and close to shops and restaurants. Its a mixture of villas, town houses and bungalows. It has a nice club house as well. It would be quite a walk to the restaurants and shops but doable.
I can get a 3bed townhouse for £1000 for two weeks - does that sound reasonable for?
Lucky23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 19, 05:44 PM  
Link to this Post
taylaboo
Imagineer

Mobile

I don't know that. We book a package. Flights, villa, and vehicle for 3 weeks for the 9 of us. It works out about £1100 each for the package. I would look on the villa page on here. It might give you some idea. We are going in October and I don't know if its more expensive in the school summer holidays.
Villa at Champions Gate -2019
Rosen Hotel May 2023
taylaboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 19, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
fiffio
Imagineer

We’ve done a townhouse at emerald island before and if you check on the map some of them are not really part of the emerald island community although you get to use the features. We had one near the entrance.

For example the ones near the entrance are not gated as they are before the main villa area, means a slightly longer walk to the clubhouse. There are others near the clubhouse which are much better positioned so I’d double check the location of the one you like.

The house was nice and it was great getting onto the main road so quickly tho! Would defo stay there again if I wasn’t bothered about having a pool that close.

Edited at 10:42 AM. Reason: Typo
fiffio is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 19, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
BnDamo
Imagineer

BnDamo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 12
Try stayatemeraldisland which is the resort website and request a townhome inside the gate...its 20 minute walk to Formosa Mall and about 5-10minutes by car to Rolling Oaks... There is one town home on the Dibb https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/villa-search.php?a=338 ..dont know if its inside the manned gate or not...

Emerald Island Resort:
24hour manned gated entrance
Club House
Concierge Service
Poolside Tiki Bar (serves beer and snacks)
Sundry Items Shop
Special Activities & Events inc Karaoke nights
2 Heated Swimming Pools
Large Sundeck with loungers
Sauna
Whirlpool/Spa
Fitness Room
Video Arcade
Large Screen Nintendo Wii
Tennis Courts and Equipment Loan
Basketball Half Courts
Volleyball Court
Sauna
2 Childrens Play Area
Picnic/Barbecue Area
Nature Path
Business Facilities (including Free Wifi)
Cyber Cafe
Shuttle Service to Local Attractions (fee payable)
Newspaper Sales
Meeting Room
All day Free Coffee

2 minutes by car to Formosa Mall with Outback , Wynn Dixie Supermarket, TGi Fridays ,Carrabas, Subway, Cracker Barrell, Buffalo Wings , Red Lobster,Taco Bell etc. A further 5 minutes to Publix & Rolling Oaks with Supertarget, Bahama Breeze, Applebees, Olive Garden, Longhorn ,Orlando Ale House ,Texas Roadhouse,Logans Steakhouse, Bonefish Grill,Chuys Mexican, On the Border etc. Plus all the usual on the 192.

For WDW its just turn right out of EI gates, a quick turn left onto Formosa Blvd then right on the 192 and first left at the lights into Sherberth rd. 7 minutes from EI to AK and 12 to MK...easy.

Edited at 06:43 PM.
BnDamo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 19, 02:21 PM  
Link to this Post
RC22
Very Serious Dibber

The ones in the area closer to the entrance are gated - tho it's not a manned gate. It's an electronic gate with CCTV and mic console to the main security gate. You scan your card (that you get from security at arrival) to enter. (or this was the case in 2017 when I was last there)

We've stayed at a townhouse in that area and it's quiet with a pool in the middle of the community. As others have said the clubhouse is a trek (15 min walk or a 2 min drive) though tbh the clubhouse pool is little improvement over the other pool, though there's the bar.

I wouldn't want to walk to any restaurants. Most villas in the Formosa Gardens area are a 5 min drive to the main 192 restaurant area - and although they aren't all that far away from the Buffalo Wild Wings/Red Lobster/Outback Steakhouse it would still be a fair old walk in the humidity.

It's a quiet and nice area and very convenient to drive to the restaurants or parks and Celebration is only a 10min drive away - also great to hop straight on the main road to Busch/West coast for a day further out.
March 2010 I-Drive Quality Inn International Nov 2011 I-Drive Homewood Suites Oct 2012 The Dibb fave Coral's Villa Lindfields Aug 2013 Blue Heron Resort Aug 2014 NY & Orlando Cane Island 10yr Wedding Anniversary., Oct 2016 Windsor Palms, Royal Pacific and Disney Dream Cruise , Aug 2017 Emerald Island Oct 2019 Emerald Island & Vero Beach Aug 22 Glenbrook villa The First Bite That Gets You Hooked. Trip Report
RC22 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 19, 04:04 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJoBell
VIP Dibber

JoJoBell's Reviews
We have stayed in both a villa and townhouse in Emerald Island

It's a fantastic location but I really wouldn't say its close enough to any restaurants to comfortably walk

Plenty if you have a car though
JoJoBell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 19, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
BnDamo
Imagineer

BnDamo's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 12
Originally Posted by Tom Mannings View Post
Emerald Island is a community that is around 17 years old, personally I would also take a look at the newer town homes in Windsor Hills or The Grove which is on 192.
The first homes built on EI will be just about 17 years old. However, the community took several years to build so not all homes quite that old. To be honest what really counts is how the home is looked after, regardless of the age of the community. Windsor hills construction started only a couple of years after EI so not that much newer, there are many more newer communities if that’s what the OP is looking for, although the newest homes usually come at a premium price.
BnDamo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 19, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Magic Mouse
Imagineer

Mobile

We’ve stayed in a villa and townhouses at EI.

If we had to choose between the location for the townhouses I’d say we preferred the one nearer the entrance. The pool was much quieter and to be honest we didn’t really need to use any of the other facilities at the clubhouse.
Orlando/Indian Shores - Aug 14 Emerald Island/RPR - Aug 16
Emerald Island/RPR - Aug 18
Magic Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List