Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 6 Jun 19, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
disney4me
Proud to wear my Ears

Villa Air Conditioning

Can anyone help please.
Has anyone stayed in a villa in Orlando where the air conditioning is controlled by the owner remotely and is set between 74-78 degrees.
Or if there are villa owners out there who do this is this normal practice?
I would appreciate information on this.
Thank you
disney4me is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 19, 02:56 PM  
Link to this Post
steve@mac155.f
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
I control mine remotely and guests can select temperatures between 72F to 84F my MC can also log in to the controls as well if needed, a lot of owners now have units they can control remotely.

Steve
steve@mac155.f is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 19, 02:59 PM  
Link to this Post
travelgirl
Excited about Disney

travelgirl's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Air conditioning should be set around 74f , we have ours set at around that. It should never be below 72 or the unit could freeze up. We are here now and find 74 is very comfortable.
Old 6 Jun 19, 03:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Pixiebelle
VIP Dibber

I also control mine remotely and it is set between 78 - 80. Ours will allow the guests to temporarily set a -/+2 degrees temperature difference for a short period. I would advise that you get in touch with either the owner or management company if there is an issue. You don't actually state what the problem is...

Luxury 4 bedroom 2 bathroom pool home with Gamesroom. Free wi-fi, cable TV in all rooms, covered lanai - 8 miles from Disney.

60inch TV in Living Room
Xbox One with 37inch TV and games
40inch TV's in bedrooms
Refurbished pool with colour changing lights and a friendly dolphin to swim with.

Guest Reviews: http://www.mydisneyfloridavilla.co.uk/3127/3257.html

Pixiebelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 19, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

I would expect my hire villa to be set at about 74. Any higher and I wouldn’t be very happy. I know you can’t set them too low, but we always go in August and I need a break from the heat!

Edited to add that I think I may need to ask this question before I hire a villa in future, hadn’t thought of it before.

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater

Edited at 03:44 PM.
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 19, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Pixiebelle
VIP Dibber

It also dependent on the size of the unit and the villa itself. I often visit in July or August and we have personally found it too cold when the unit has been set at 74F. Each villa owner knows their own house best and can advise on an acceptable temperature.

Luxury 4 bedroom 2 bathroom pool home with Gamesroom. Free wi-fi, cable TV in all rooms, covered lanai - 8 miles from Disney.

60inch TV in Living Room
Xbox One with 37inch TV and games
40inch TV's in bedrooms
Refurbished pool with colour changing lights and a friendly dolphin to swim with.

Guest Reviews: http://www.mydisneyfloridavilla.co.uk/3127/3257.html

Pixiebelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 19, 05:16 PM  
Link to this Post
disney4me
Proud to wear my Ears

Hi and thank you everyone for getting back to me. I have just recently come back from Orlando and spent the first week at the Grand Floridian. Our rooms had Air Con which we set at 70 degrees this was lovely and cool after a hot visit to the parks and made sleeping comfortable. The following week we stayed in a villa where we had no control over the Air Con which was set at a very uncomfortable 78 degrees. I know this is fine for most people I just didn't realise that I couldn't control the Air Con. So having visited Orlando for the last 30 years and always stayed in a villa and loved the freedom that gives us I'm now thinking of no longer doing this purely because the hotel rooms are cooler.
disney4me is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 19, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post
steve@mac155.f
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
If you find the temperature uncomfortable just contact the mc or owner to see if it can be adjusted, owners do understand it can be uncomfortable especially during the warmer months, I have in the past done this, but there is a point were units can freeze up so owners will have a set minimum they will not go below at any time 70f would be the lowest I would go.

If you are concerned by this just ask the question when looking to book a villa at what the owners policy is about control of the AC settings.

Steve
steve@mac155.f is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 19, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
disney4me
Proud to wear my Ears

Hi Steve, I did contact villa owner who wouldn't do anything. In fact they said that if they lowered the temperature and the unit froze up I would be responsible for the replacement.
Old 6 Jun 19, 05:54 PM  
Link to this Post
bluedave
Imagineer

I wouldn’t be happy at 78 either - I’ll definitely be asking in future what the policy is as I can’t sleep in a warm room
bluedave is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List