Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 27 Jun 19, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Vegetable soup I would reheat twice but soup with meat in it only the once.

If it’s a care home with elderly or infirm it’s even more important to prevent the chance of an upset stomach.

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 19, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by *jovi_girl* View Post
So I explained to her daughter the other day that I wasn’t allowed to keep reheating it and she complained about me.

One of the kitchen assistants has told her it’s ok to do but the kitchen manager has said I’m right and we shouldn’t be doing it.

There might only be a slim chance of her getting food poisoning but why should I risk my job or anything.
Why are you risking your job? It's not your decision.
The kitchen manager has confirmed you are following the correct process ,what one of her staff has stated is irrelevant , she's their boss !
Refer the relative to the kitchen manager if the matter comes up again

However if you are serious about nursing as a career this is something you need to learn to deal with as throughout your career you'll encounter relatives who believe they know better.

Just because a "customer" doesn't like it doesn't mean they are right. I had a customer tell me if I didn't get an engineer to his house in 15 minutes , he would "report me" . I was clearly meant to be intimidated and frightened into doing what he was demanding. I calmly explained that ringing up at 5.30pm and expecting an engineer in 15 minutes wasn't possible and he was welcome to report me if he felt I was been unreasonable.
A home certainly couldn't compromise basic food hygiene just because a relative thinks they should !

Edited at 01:53 PM.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 19, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Lulu Belle
Apprentice Imagineer

Could her serving of soup be put aside and only reheated when she is ready for it?
Lulu Belle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 19, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ariel
Imagineer

Mobile

You are absolutely in the right, food shouldn’t be re-heated more than once and once it’s gone below a certain temperature should be thrown away. I work for the NHS and the catering staff are very strict about these regulations, we tell our patients we cannot ‘hold’ food for them and if it’s not eaten within a certain time it’s thrown away.
Obviously what people (myself included) do in their own home is up to them. I have been known to re heat things 2 or 3 times at home 😂
Princess Ariel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 19, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
*jovi_girl*
Imagineer

Mobile

Well compromised reach, kitchen are going to keep a bowlful back for us to heat when she wants it so it’s only being heated once
*jovi_girl* is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 19, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
sueandco
Imagineer

sueandco's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
A good compromise because as has already been stated you can only reheat once. If you did reheat again and she got ill you could be prosecuted.
Old 27 Jun 19, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by *jovi_girl* View Post
Well compromised reach, kitchen are going to keep a bowlful back for us to heat when she wants it so it’s only being heated once
Hardly a compromise , just basic common sense
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 19, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
*jovi_girl*
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
Hardly a compromise , just basic common sense
Yes you’d think so wouldn’t you
*jovi_girl* is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 19, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
storm
Imagineer

Care home reheating reheated foods... I feel a bout of illness & court case in the near future. Vulnerable older should never have reheated/reheated. Keep a portion for her & heat once ready. Care homes etc have strict rules.
storm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 19, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post
dubletrub
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
Mobile

I'm surprised when the cook is dealing with older people that the soup is not being made fresh on the day. I cook for primary children and nothing is reheated and I believed that it should be the same for elderly people, both young and old are high risk groups.
So the answer is no it should definitely not be reheated twice
dubletrub is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List