Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 4 Jul 19, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Adam6177
Staying in the Castle

Mobile Discount Florida car hire - sorry again!

Hi all

My 21 night stay at Disney starts next Wednesday (can't blooming wait)... I booked a car in February with DFC and got a great deal through Andy + team. Only slight issue was that the provider in Orlando was budget.

I read some horror stories at the time but honestly thought how bad it could be, then this week I read some really bad ones and it worried me to the point that I dropped Andy a message to see if I could get a similar deal elsewhere, I'd be willing to pay extra.

Last night we spoke and he said we could do it for an extra £50... Sounded great, then today he messaged me and said the price had dropped over night and he could do the switch for FREE!

I can't tell you how happy I am and how my mind is now put at ease and I'm now not worried about being ripped off when I'm feeling tired.

I always hear of the US having a tipping culture, but my god does he deserve it.
Adam6177 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 19, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
This is exactly why me and scores of other Dibbers recommend and use Andy.

Mick
Old 4 Jul 19, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Mobile

We’ve used Andy twice and were totally impressed with his prices and communications. We wouldn’t use anyone else now.
Old 5 Jul 19, 02:13 AM  
Link to this Post
fredflintstone
Imagineer

fredflintstone's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1
As Tom says this is a commodity market and the cheapest gets the money in his case.

But...

I've used Andy a couple of times and his support if needed is 1st class, and I'd use him again in an instant (but BA fly drive prices often get in the way).

I was skeptical about him some years back because he was getting praise, but mostly from people who hadn't gone yet. I asked thedibb on real experience , got a few real users at that time and went with him. This way before he officially joined thedibb. Great service, no issues. Used him since. Will again, hopefully.

Obviously now he has had a few more years and lots of recommendations.

What is really interesting is that I've never seen a bad review on his service. Look at any hotel on tripadvisor and it always has 1 or 2 bad ones. On thedibb he has only had good reviews. That says it all.
fredflintstone is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 19, 02:27 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Adam, who is your supplier now? If Alamo you can OLCI and head straight to the garage as your paperwork should show a barcode. Heading to the garage avoids the hard sell from the desk agents.

Have a smashing holiday 😀
Old 5 Jul 19, 06:01 AM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

Originally Posted by fredflintstone View Post
As Tom says this is a commodity market and the cheapest gets the money in his case.

But...

I've used Andy a couple of times and his support if needed is 1st class, and I'd use him again in an instant (but BA fly drive prices often get in the way).

I've been there, only a couple of weeks ago

I had a bookling with Andy for next month ... I had booked with him since september last year for that trip

Then a couple of weeks ago I was offered a better price, on Alamo Germany (with corporate code) and that came to the same price, except I had a prepaid tank of gas, and I could pay in euros (I'm a bloody mainland european, sorry folks, lol ) so no bank fees

but, I really hesitated, because I've experienced Andy's services, I've witnessed how he cares for his customers, and how fast he answers our requests and questions, and he comes on here too.

At then end of the day, I decided to cancel my booking with Andy, because as Mr Morrow very well put, the cheapest gets the money, and we were then looking at around 50 quids in my pocket

but, I will tell you that, for a couple of hours, I really did consider that service was worth that much

So I guess you can file this post in the praise folder

Thank you Andy, and I'm really looking forward to do business with you again. I already used your service, I would not hesitate to use it again. Still 4 weeks to go, if your price drops ... I'll keep checking
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 19, 06:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Adam6177
Staying in the Castle

Mobile

Originally Posted by ChrisS View Post
Adam, who is your supplier now? If Alamo you can OLCI and head straight to the garage as your paperwork should show a barcode. Heading to the garage avoids the hard sell from the desk agents.

Have a smashing holiday 😀
Yes it's Alamo, there is some blurb on my booking email about the quick access/desk skip but I haven't read it yet. Sounds like a good bonus!

Nowi just need to get my head around how best to tackle/pay for the tolls!
Old 5 Jul 19, 06:25 AM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Adam6177 View Post
Yes it's Alamo, there is some blurb on my booking email about the quick access/desk skip but I haven't read it yet. Sounds like a good bonus!
go to the alamo.com (us site) and do the online check in process (use the ref number on Andy's confirmation email, not the DFCH number, the other one)
once you're done, you'll get a confirmation email from alamo, this should bear a barcode, if it does you're good to go direct to the garage (I get it you're collecting from MCO, if you don't, check your location is eligible)
if you don't have the barcode (happens sometimes) you can add the skip the counter process. If you don't have a link for that, look at the stickies, there is a workaround (basically search for alamo bypass on google in a new tab, while your online check in tab is still open.

Nowi just need to get my head around how best to tackle/pay for the tolls!
alamo has the best toll scheme in the car hire market
$4 admin fee per 24hrs you actuallly hit a toll( starting with first toll) + the price of tolls
capped to $20 for your rental period (+tolls of course)
nothing to do, it's already activated. (it's license plate recognition) you don't have to worry about a thing. Tolls and fees will be processed on your credit card a few weeks after returning the car

then you can have a look at an alternate, which is the visitor tollpass, you will find a thread on this on the first pages of this forum
if it's still on for your trip, it might be worth it.

If you remain in the orlando area, either at disney's, universal, or villa communities in kissimme, you'll probably only hit tolls to and from MCO (2 each way)
you can pay at the booth ($20 bill , nothing larger) at the first toll, and use quarters at other tolls or use booths)

if you go into the miami area, then you'll hit unmanned automated tolls, and then you'll need a toll scheme of some sort

Edited at 06:30 AM.
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 19, 09:51 AM  
Link to this Post
silver_age
Excited about Disney

Another vote for Andy here. I bombarded him with questions over a weekend and had prompt replies.
silver_age is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 19, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Adam6177
Staying in the Castle

Mobile

Originally Posted by chmurf View Post
go to the alamo.com (us site) and do the online check in process (use the ref number on Andy's confirmation email, not the DFCH number, the other one)
once you're done, you'll get a confirmation email from alamo, this should bear a barcode, if it does you're good to go direct to the garage (I get it you're collecting from MCO, if you don't, check your location is eligible)
if you don't have the barcode (happens sometimes) you can add the skip the counter process. If you don't have a link for that, look at the stickies, there is a workaround (basically search for alamo bypass on google in a new tab, while your online check in tab is still open.

alamo has the best toll scheme in the car hire market
$4 admin fee per 24hrs you actuallly hit a toll( starting with first toll) + the price of tolls
capped to $20 for your rental period (+tolls of course)
nothing to do, it's already activated. (it's license plate recognition) you don't have to worry about a thing. Tolls and fees will be processed on your credit card a few weeks after returning the car

then you can have a look at an alternate, which is the visitor tollpass, you will find a thread on this on the first pages of this forum
if it's still on for your trip, it might be worth it.

If you remain in the orlando area, either at disney's, universal, or villa communities in kissimme, you'll probably only hit tolls to and from MCO (2 each way)
you can pay at the booth ($20 bill , nothing larger) at the first toll, and use quarters at other tolls or use booths)

if you go into the miami area, then you'll hit unmanned automated tolls, and then you'll need a toll scheme of some sort
Thanks so much for all that info, I've followed the check in procedure so should be good.

Also thanks for the toll info, so essentially I can go and drive for my entire stay and go through all the sun pass only tolls... Then when my rental finishes I'll get charged $20 + all the toll charges to the card I've used to pay