Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 22 Aug 19, 12:17 AM  
Link to this Post
TheHughesCrew
Imagineer

Random holiday items... J pillow and a microfibre towel!

Does anyone use either of these items?!

Hoping to get in to full on Florida Planning mode now I'm back from this year's holiday.

I took our HUGE, thick, luxurious beach towels with us. I love them but they're so darn BULKY! We saw a lot of people on the beach with the thin microfibre towels. Do they really work? The theory is good but I'm sceptical.

Also, I simply couldn't sleep on the way home, but saw someone with what I believe to be a J pillow. It looked to good to be true. Anyone got first hand experience?!

TIA x
TheHughesCrew is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 03:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Myakka17
VIP Dibber

Hi we love our J pillows had them over 14 years now and wouldn’t travel without. Bought ours off QVC
Old 22 Aug 19, 06:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Miss_Tangled
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I also have a J pillow and would highly recommend.
I’ve read good things about the towels on here, there are lots on Amazon and sports websites so I’m also thinking of making a last minute purchase
* Tarpon Springs '07 * New York '07 * Hampton Lakes '09 * Mission Park March '11 * Four Corners Sep '11 * Dream Castle DLP December '12 * Florida Pines '14 & Grand Floridian Everglades Suite! * New York City...Surprise 30th December '14 * Lindfields & Grand Floridian September '15 * 1st trip with our little lady! WDW September '17 * DLP February ‘18 * 3 wks POR September '19 *
Miss_Tangled is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 06:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Beaker's Fluff
Imagineer

Love my J pillow. Again purchased from QVC. I think they are on offer on there as I was looking for one for hubby.

1997/1998 Quality Inn.2006 Villa.2007&2008Fairfield
2013 LBV Resort and Spa 2015 Sheraton Times Sq.NY.
2016 Barcelo Teguise Beach 2016 Trump Int Toronto
2016 Xmas in NY.2018 LBV Resort And Spa 2019 Croatia Venice and Boston
Beaker's Fluff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 06:49 AM  
Link to this Post

We have a set of the super sized microfibre towels from.mountain warehouse. They were around 9-12 depending on sale price. Some are going strong after 10 years. Supposed to be just for holidays as they ae light and quick drying but they get used more than the big fluffy ones on a daily basis out of choice.

There are two basic kinds, one smoothish like a chamois leather that we didn't get on with and the others like a very fine light towelling which we prefer.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 07:52 AM  
Link to this Post
skalexander
Imagineer

I have a J-pillow which I bought for my trip to Kenya. I'm glad I did as we had lots of early starts for game drives and the J-pillow helped me get comfortable and get some needed rest during the travelling between places. However, I did not find it useful on the plane sat in an aisle seat. For me personally, I would need something to lean on so it would only work in a window seat.
Old 22 Aug 19, 07:57 AM  
Link to this Post
TheHughesCrew
Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks for the replies ... I have put J pillows on everyone's Christmas lists!
TheHughesCrew is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 07:59 AM  
Link to this Post
TheHughesCrew
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by FamilyGWales View Post
We have a set of the super sized microfibre towels from.mountain warehouse. They were around 9-12 depending on sale price. Some are going strong after 10 years. Supposed to be just for holidays as they ae light and quick drying but they get used more than the big fluffy ones on a daily basis out of choice.

There are two basic kinds, one smoothish like a chamois leather that we didn't get on with and the others like a very fine light towelling which we prefer.
This is really useful, thank you. It was actually the Mountain Warehouse ones that I was looking at. I hadn't appreciated there were 2 different types, but can see from the descriptions how they differ (I actually had 2 different types in my basket!). I have ordered the towelling ones
Old 22 Aug 19, 08:29 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

We have the Dock and Bay towels they are fantastic. They fold really small and dry really quickly. Apparently sand goes right through them too.
We are very on trend with our six differently coloured striped towels held in place by
our appropriately styled giant pegs from Matalan..

Edited at 08:44 PM. Reason: Ammended name of towels.
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Lynda__Loo
Proud to wear my Ears

My partner has a J Pillow and will not travel anywhere without it. I didn't know what all of the fuss was about until he let me have a go of it and I am now converted and have purchased one for myself for our flight next month
Lynda__Loo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List