Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Closed Thread

Old 18 Apr 10, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post

Can I join in please? I am getting married on the 28th August and want to lose a few pounds before the wedding!

I joined Weight Watchers on Thursday and so far I have managed to eat within my points everyday, although I am finding it hard!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 10, 09:52 AM  
Link to this Post

I'm just healthy eating - five fruit and veg a day and 8 glasses of water not to mention the 2 lots of 30 minutes exercise!

I found 'The Dress' yesterday so am totally focused now and will be on in the morning to hopefully share good news on first week weight loss - fingers crossed for us all

Sarah xxx
Old 18 Apr 10, 10:04 AM  
Link to this Post

Great thread can I join too?

I'm doing the Cambridge Diet. Have been doing it since 29th December (3 1/2 months). I started at 17 st 2 lb and I am now 13 st 1 lb My goal weight is 10 stone or to be a comfortable size 10-12. I started at a size 22 and I'm now a size 16, although have 1 pair of size 14 jeans that just fit

I have 6 1/2 months until I get married and I have 3 stone to lose. I am hoping the last 3 stone will take 3 months to lose or 4 months max and then I can begin the real test of maintaining!

ETA: I went dress shopping yesterday and found "the dress". It is just so amazing and so beautiful and exactly what I wanted! I tried it in a 16, which just fit me so I thought if I order a 14 that is 1 1/2 sizes down if you get me. It has a lace up back so they said would be ok for 12-16. But with wedding dress sizes coming up a size small that would be like a 10-14 which should be fine. It will give me motivation but not too much pressure!

Edited at 10:12 AM.
Old 18 Apr 10, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Summer-Caitlin View Post
I am doing low carb at the moment to kick start my weight loss. I intend to diet this way for another week (sticking to 20grams of carbs per day) then I will increase the carbs gradually.

Breakfast is normally some spiced chicken pieces, or ham slices with a boiled egg.

Lunch is a tuna salad, 1 whole tin of tuna with mayo, cucumber, salad leaves and ham slices.

Dinner is usually chicken/fish/meat with garlic and mushrooms and assorted veg/stir-fry

I also drink 2 litres of water a day and don't snack in between meals. I won't say I am finding this easy as I LOVE food, but the motivation is to lose the weight for our anniversary trip. Plus I want to be happy with close ups in my wedding dress!

I do try and exercise every day about 30 minutes of aerobic exercise, but this week I have been really tired so only managed 4 days. Next week though I am really going to push myself.

What does everyone else eat normally?
I'm doing low carb too but for breakfast and lunch I have a protein shake (if I'm at home at lunch I'll have a salad). Then at tea I'll have chicken and veg stir fry, fish and veg or usually tuna or chicken salad. I do still have some fruit from time to time and have sugar free Jellies for pud. If I have a chocolate craving I get the enduglence bars from Boots or I have soya crisps which I get form Morrisons. Or I have nuts to snack on. I drink lots and lots of water. Its my own verision of atkins but with a few more carbs and less fatty. I also try and exercise everyday. Up until the last few days I was doing really well with it because when I'm in the swing of it I find it easy, easy to stick to and not tired or bloated but recently carbs have found me () and I've slipped a bit, and I hurt my back so the exercise has been limited but after reading all these threads my will power is back up and so far started off well this morning! I'm getting married this August and want to shift another 2 stone if possible.
alkel2730 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 10, 11:02 AM  
Link to this Post
mhara
Proud to wear my Ears

Great idea for a thread, can I join?

I don't get married until Oct 2012, but have a "fair" amount to lose. I was doing low carb and lost a stone v quickly, but found it too difficult, as I'm a vegetarian, so I started South Beach on friday.

Buena Vista Palace - 2005
OKW - 2012
OKW - 2018
mhara is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 10, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
NatsyNoo
Imagineer

NatsyNoo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 32
Guidebook Reviews: 7
OK, I think I've got everything up to date
In hindsight, paper and pen to make sure I had everything right would have been a good idea!
Just check you're all listed in my original post and will update it when you post your weekly weigh in
Let me know if anything isn't right, I'm sure there's something! Or if you're missing of course!
Thanks!

Natsynoo's Trippie Index
NatsyNoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 10, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by NatsyNoo View Post
OK, I think I've got everything up to date
In hindsight, paper and pen to make sure I had everything right would have been a good idea!
Just check you're all listed in my original post and will update it when you post your weekly weigh in
Let me know if anything isn't right, I'm sure there's something! Or if you're missing of course!
Thanks!
Thank you for doing that for us!

Have just noticed that you do Slimming World too! Which days do you follow?
Old 18 Apr 10, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
kaboomba
Imagineer

well guys my weigh in didn't go very well i put 1 pound on im pretty gutted but its my own fault. So i've started again a fresh this week so fingers crossed!hope everyone does better than me lol!
kaboomba is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 10, 05:14 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by kaboomba View Post
well guys my weigh in didn't go very well i put 1 pound on im pretty gutted but its my own fault. So i've started again a fresh this week so fingers crossed!hope everyone does better than me lol!
Don't lose heart Kim! We all have weeks' like that - that pound will be gone in no time! Your doing exactly the right thing - to think of it as a fresh week! We're all right behind you!
Old 18 Apr 10, 05:34 PM  
Link to this Post
brer rabbit 28
VIP Dibber

Please can you add me? Need all the motivational help I can get at the mo. Been attempting weight watchers for a copule of months and now weigh more than when I started

Back to Slimming world for me as it worked before. I do mostly green days as I love pasta too much