Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Closed Thread

Old 5 Jan 12, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by LWard84 View Post
OMG-those dresses are amazing, wish I was getting married again! Ur gonna look stunning!
Thats very sweet of you to say LWard84. I'm hoping I can do DFTW dresses justice!

They have just released the new 2012 dress photos today so there's even more to choose from
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 12, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Kellea
VIP Dibber

Ooooo, really love those dresses ... I want to get remarried too ! Do you think I could persuade DH to renew our vows and I could have one ... hmmmmmm (my mind has gone into overdrive) lol

1993, 2008, 2011 OKW villas 17 nights ( thanks to Irene , 2013 3 nights Renaissance Seaworld, 3 nights HRH Club, 16 nights OKW and DxDDP, 2014 5 nights HRH Club, 16 nights OKW. 2015 15 nights Sheraton Vistana Villages. 2016 3 nights Sheraton New York Times Square, 3 nights HRH club level, 16 night AKL SV, 2 nights BLT. 2017 5 nights OKW, 5 nights BWV, 7 nights BLT, 4 nights HRH club. 2019 3 nights Renaissance (SW), 4 nights HRH CL, 7 nights BLT LV, 7 nights AKL SV

KELLEA
Kellea is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 12, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Kellea View Post
Ooooo, really love those dresses ... I want to get remarried too ! Do you think I could persuade DH to renew our vows and I could have one ... hmmmmmm (my mind has gone into overdrive) lol
Absolutely, every princess deserves their fairytale!
Old 7 Jan 12, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post

Another update for you all.

We have just come off the phone to VA group bookings and flights are BOOKED yay! So 16 adults, 2 children and 2 infants are off to Orlando on 8th November 2012!

Had a few changes to the guest list in the end. Stu's grandad has decided to stay at home for health reasons but we have another friend coming in his place. We also had some news over the new year to say that stu's brother and his OH are expecting. This may throw a spanner in the works depending on when they baby is due but I am not going to stress over it.

Reception

Went to have a look at our UK reception venue today and although I was happy with the venue, the woman who showed us round had a STINKING attitude. I was so disappointed, felt like she just couldn't be bothered to talk to us and took no interest in our ideas. Problem is my hands are tied to an extent as the venue is such good value for our needs. I am looking at other venues in the meantime so if anyone has some suggestions for venues in essex let me know lol!

Not much else to report at the moment but stay tuned!
Old 7 Jan 12, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell1403 View Post
Another update for you all.

We have just come off the phone to VA group bookings and flights are BOOKED yay! So 16 adults, 2 children and 2 infants are off to Orlando on 8th November 2012!

Had a few changes to the guest list in the end. Stu's grandad has decided to stay at home for health reasons but we have another friend coming in his place. We also had some news over the new year to say that stu's brother and his OH are expecting. This may throw a spanner in the works depending on when they baby is due but I am not going to stress over it.

Reception

Went to have a look at our UK reception venue today and although I was happy with the venue, the woman who showed us round had a STINKING attitude. I was so disappointed, felt like she just couldn't be bothered to talk to us and took no interest in our ideas. Problem is my hands are tied to an extent as the venue is such good value for our needs. I am looking at other venues in the meantime so if anyone has some suggestions for venues in essex let me know lol!

Not much else to report at the moment but stay tuned!
Wooooooooohooooooooooooooo yay for flights being booked - don't let the little details get to you just yet

What a stick in the mud of a woman... I was saying to Emma the other day - why do these people who work in the happiest industry ever, ie weddings... full of happiness! why are they so grumpy?! maybe they're jealous i dunno... keep your options open, and if you do decide to go with this place just make sure she's not looking after you on the day! xxx
Old 7 Jan 12, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by TabZ View Post
Wooooooooohooooooooooooooo yay for flights being booked - don't let the little details get to you just yet

What a stick in the mud of a woman... I was saying to Emma the other day - why do these people who work in the happiest industry ever, ie weddings... full of happiness! why are they so grumpy?! maybe they're jealous i dunno... keep your options open, and if you do decide to go with this place just make sure she's not looking after you on the day! xxx
Thanks Tabz, it's been quite a stressful week really. Had lots of people nagging and asking constant questions which I don't mind but explaining plans 100 times over is a little draining.

I am hoping that the new baby won't cause too many problems. It may just mean that we will have to find a new best man if they can't come after all.

Glad flights are finally booked as the ball is well and truly rolling.

I'm now just stressing over the UK reception venue!
Old 8 Jan 12, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Chilly80
Imagineer

where in Essex are you looking? We had ours here:

thechichester/
Golden Triangle Trip Report
Chilly80 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 12, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarah84
Imagineer

Yay for getting the flights booked are you all flying together?
Sarah84 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 12, 03:30 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Sarah84 View Post
Yay for getting the flights booked are you all flying together?
Yeah all flying together. God help VA lol!
Old 16 Feb 12, 11:05 PM  
Link to this Post

UK reception update

After my bad experience with our first choice, Stu and I had a long chat and decided that despite my feelings about the woman that showed us around, we should arrange another visit. So, I phoned and spoke to their wedding co-ordinator rather than the other woman (manager) and she was so much nicer, exactly what you would expect from a wedding venue. So we popped back down there and discussed our thoughts etc. She was increedibly accomodating and has included use of the ceremony room for us. The room has a projector and screen so we are going to use this room to show our video/photo slideshow throughout the evening.

Villas
Thanks to a lovely fellow Dibber, we have now booked 2 5 bed villas in tuscan hills for our wedding party.

Wedding favours

I really wanted a special keepsake for my Disney wedding guests so have been busy hunting around for something a bit unique. Came across a lady who makes Xmas baubles and thought this would be a lovely keepsake for my guests. We got discussing designs etc and she has lasercut each guests name in silver glitter card with minnie and mickey ears which have been put inside the bauble. These will also double up as my name "cards" I have had baubles made for those who cannot be there with us including my brother and his family and my nan.

Dress alterations

Went to visit a seamstress last weekend to discuss my dress alterations as my dress is at least a dress size too big if not 2! We had another try on and she seems to think it is a simple task to take it in so thats another worry off my mind!

Guest updates

Stu's grandad has decided not to come along with us to Disney now. Its a shame but we really have to think of his health and at 87 years old he feels he will struggle now.

Cufflinks

Got the boys mickey mouse cufflinks from ebid.co.uk for a bargain price of £5.99 each so I am well pleased.

Aisle runner

After much umming and ahhing, I have decided I really want an aisle runner so following my thread on here, I contacted a seller on etsy.com and she sent me some wonderful designs for our "happily ever after" quote. She has quoted me $175 with shipping to UK for a 75ft runner.

That's all for now folks!
Closed Thread