Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Closed Thread

Old 13 Jul 11, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Watergirl
Imagineer

Nat - aww, that's a real shame Next time though! Or a meet here There's a 2 day gap, but don't expect we'll be up to much on the first day and you'll not be fancying drinking the night before you fly.

Kel - oh yeah, the thread will be quiet. Wonder if there'll be new people though? It's like a little club!
Your fish pie sounds lovely. I do like fish pie and used to eat it as a ready meal all the time, so that sounds nice and easy Sweet potato is good for that sort of thing.
Show me a frozen pina colada and I'm there
Yeah, we'll defo have to plan a nice quiet day the following day. Might even put 'reading' as our activity!...by the pool... with hair of the dog

Had a look at Segway tour reviews on here after you mentioned it Kel and looks good. Be nice to be in a part of Epcot with no-one from general public around for a while. Also cannot wait for the food and wine festival as that was one of our best days last time.
I am wishing my life away for this hol now!

Right, off to bed I think. Night ladies xxx

Worldquest (Jun 2018), Villa (Nov/Dec 2016), Floridays (Nov/Dec 2014), Floridays (Dec 2013), SSR (2012), Homewood Suites, RPR, Siesta Key (2011), Point Orlando (2009), Wyndham Resort Palace & Spa (2005)
Watergirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 11, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
bexlee1
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

I love all fruit and veg, it's hubby thats a pain. he wont eat spag bol coz he doesn't like mince or the tomato sauce. He will eat pasta but eats it plain with tomato ketchup! if it isn't frozen pizza or some kind of re-hashed chicken concoction or a horrible microwave burger then he won't eat it. He eats like a child, and he says he won't change if he doesn't like the look of it he won't try it. God help us if we ever have kids!

We won't be going next year Lee's Mum and stepdad are taking the whole family to Centre Parcs in January, so beacuse we are going away with them, my mum wants us to go away with them for a week which will use all of lee's bookable holiday. He gets the first 2 weeks of August off for a shutdown, but I'm just not prepared to pay the extra and que for everything for longer in the extreme August weather!
bexlee1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 11, 11:59 PM  
Link to this Post
loves_disney
Imagineer

loves_disney's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 6
hello everyone! sorry i've not been on! been really busy! was at friends last night for a girlie sleepover, didn't get to bed till five and ate quite a bit! and then today went on a 4 mile walk with Scott and the dog and then went out for dinner with my parents.

busy busy.

hoep everyone is well, had a quick skim through and seems like everyone is fine!

i'll be on this thread in september! all alone, back from my holiday and being very jealous of you all going!

bed for me now, i'm super tired!
Old 14 Jul 11, 09:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Watergirl
Imagineer

Morning ladies.

You sound busy Amy! Aww bless you for next year - you'll be off before us don't forget and we'll all be very envious!

Woke up to news that there has been a big explosion in an industrial area in a town where some of my clients are (friend texted me) so jumped out of bed to check it out and make sure I don't know anyone, as there was 5 fatalities. Horrendous, but thankfully no-one I know is involved. It was allegedly (according to locals) an explosion at an illegal vodka making facility set up by immigrants.
By this time I've had breakfast, so no point going back to bed to join Dan.

It's his friends funeral today and we've decided, I think (well I'm undecided) that he will go on his own. He has a lot of friends going from school, who I don't know at all, going without their partners. I thought that he'd be more comfortable enjoying a drink with them at the wake and catching up on old times. I met his friend only the once. Still not sure though, as feel like I should be there to support him, but he says all his friends are in the same boat and he doesn't want to worry about me feeling awkward there with loads of people that I don't know.

It's not until 2pm and he doesn't need to leave till 12.

I have twisted my ankle I did it when I went on the run on whatever day it was, Tuesday I think. Only slightly and managed to carry on running. I find though once you've done that, you weaken it a little.

I torn internal and external ligaments in my other ankle 3.5 years ago and that took 6 months to heal and still gives me pain, so I'm always nervous with my ankles! Anyway, yesterday in the kitchen, my right foot slipped on some wet on the floor and my left ankle went over again, but I managed to grab the side counter and stop myself completely landing on it, which is how I did the other one. This morning it's got that familiar tight, itchy feel inside and hurts. Going to try and find a tennis ball and do some strengthening exercises. I have always had weak ankles and then that makes you wary of putting weight on them and probably makes them even weaker!

Anyway, enough of my ankles! Plan for today - have told most of my clients I'm out (as was originally going to funeral), so will read and do Gunnar. Diet going so well and constantly surprising me, as am eating probably twice what I ate before the wedding and it's dropping off me a lot quicker. 2lb down this week already. Said to Dan that I really do think it's as a result of trying to eliminate anything processed. It's making me very happy to know that I don't have to dramatically diet and it still works - it's like my metabolism is being kick started by healthy food eaten regularly - Yay!

Well this is quite a self indulgent post, but no replies from people for me to comment on...so there

Worldquest (Jun 2018), Villa (Nov/Dec 2016), Floridays (Nov/Dec 2014), Floridays (Dec 2013), SSR (2012), Homewood Suites, RPR, Siesta Key (2011), Point Orlando (2009), Wyndham Resort Palace & Spa (2005)
Watergirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 11, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post

HI girls,

Didnt get a chance to get back on again last night as I had loads to do.

Got told at the gym last night thats my PT's brother had died so he will be off for a few weeks. Dont know how i'll cope without him! lol

Had another girl last night but she doesnt do MMA so I just had to do a circuit. It was ok but I didnt feel as if I worked as hard as I would have at boxing, however I bloomin feel it today!

She had me doing:
12x KB Swing, 12 Lung and press, 12 Step Bicep Curl - 3 times
12 cruches, 12 leg raises, 12 russian twists with a medicine ball and the plank for 30sec - again 3 times
12 jack knifes, 12 hip flexers on the swiss ball and 12 tricep dip - 3 times and then 12kb halos and 12 KB swings 1 handed - again 3 times.

Seems alot written down actually and it took about 45 minutes. I was please as i managed to hold the plank which i really struggle with, even if my body was shaking like mad! Dont have any sessions booked for next week so I'll need to decide what I am doing to do. Mite get Gordon to make me up some workouts in the garage.

I'm heading off to the dentist just now so i'll update you all on what has been happening with that when I get back!

Hope everyone has a good day x
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 11, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post
NatsyNoo
Imagineer

NatsyNoo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 32
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Amy, busy girl! Just enjoy your freedom before going back in the September/October!
Liz, sorry to hear about the local explosion! Not good! Hope Dan gets on ok at the funeral! Enjoy Gunnar! I'm so happy to hear how happy you are! Your VLC diet was an obvious for the wedding but just shows it might not be perfect for you, eating healthily and well and getting moving is working so just stick with it!

Herbalife is working well for me, it's flexible for my lifestyle, I don't feel deprived so all is good and the losses may not be massive but they're coming! Low cal is working for Kel, SW and exercise for Yvonne, not sure where Kim's at right now so we are all doing something that's working well for us right now!

I'm on route 66 tonight (just cereal for dinner) so that'll hopefully help me today. Going to do another Hollywood workout tonight when I get home. Will finish at 6pm today I think, walk home, do Hollywood, and then sort out some money stuffs as it's payday tomorrow. Matt's working til midnight so will go to bed early I think and watch some tv and just relax! Might epilate too ready for Friday and Saturday. Then will keep Sunday really light and hope for a loss on Monday, I'm doing everything right so far at least...

Yvonne, hope dentist goes ok!

Liz, I'd love to do a meet here but we are all as north and south as it goes so I realise it's difficult! It would be fun though!

Kel will be pleased to hear that my muscles are a bit sore today...not so bad that I can't do anything later but I can feel it!

Natsynoo's Trippie Index
NatsyNoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 11, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Watergirl
Imagineer

Hey ladies

Wow Yvonne, that sounds intense!

Nat - you're right, we all seem to have found our paths again
I think it helps when most of us are on track, as that motivates anyone struggling. Can't believe how well we're all doing at the weekends too, drink wise. Hope it lasts!

I've had such a busy day so far. Breakfast 1, breakfast 2 (split them, 2 hours apart to keep sugars stable), lunch, cleaned bedroom including sorting out all drawers, makeup, perfumes etc. Then cleaned ensuite, did washing, hoovered all over, tidied away final bits from holiday that have been lying round.

Then went onto banking online and £55 has been taken from my account by a debt collection company in westcliffe on sea
I don't owe any money, apart from that which is authorised and I'm never late with payments. So I know it's nothing to do with me. Barclays have paid it straight back, cancelled the card and are sending fraud stuff out to me. I hardly use this card at all and didn't even take it out on hols, except to check my account. Really irritating.

Had card in married name come through now today, so it makes no difference, but it's a hassle really. Going to send passport renewal form off tomorrow to get name changed and then can go about changing everywhere else. It's quite nice to have lots of shiny new cards and stuff

Right, sitting down with a coffee and not doing anything else all day. Might not even shower

Old 14 Jul 11, 05:23 PM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Hi girls,
That’s me done for the 4.30ams thank goodness! I had a bad nights sleep last night due to some dime bar reversing into a lamp post on or quiet little cul-de-sac at 3am. Goodness knows what they were doing, probably don’t want to know, but we live in quite a hard to get to street so I’m guessing he thought it was a through road and was disappointed to see it wasn’t and reversed in frustration and slap bang into the lamp post. He didn’t hang around though so I didn’t see much. Trouble was when we get up, my cats wake up too and from then on Lilly decided to move all her toys from her toy box into the bottom of our en suite shower – don’t ask – including jingle balls, rattle mice and various other noise making toys. Of course noisy, plastic toys against a noisy plastic shower bottom is a really bad idea and before I knew it I had four rowdy Ragdolls on my hands so come my 4:30am alarm I was shattered.

Anyhoo, that’s not very interesting and nowhere near as interesting as Liz’s explosion! Although ‘interesting’ is probably the wrong word! How scary and thank goodness you knew no one, what a horrible tragedy, I hate it when things like that happen all for someone making a dodgy living. I saw it on the news actually and saw the people who had died all seemed like the ones working in the illegal factory but one survived with bad burns and police are wauting to speak to him, why do people do this?! I know why but you know what i mean, they could have killed or hurt loads more innocent people as well. Very sad when anyone loses their live but its worse when its a result of something like this.

And then onto the potential fraud! Crikey me, you’ve had a day of it. Can they tell you anything more about the company? Do you think it was cloned?
My friend had his card cloned in Bournemouth a couple of weeks ago and they took everything out of his bank account and drained his overdraft, he was absolutely gutted and as it was his switch card he’s not even sure if he will get it back. Also my parents have had theirs cloned, it happens so much these days sadly. I have a deep hatred for people who do things like this.

Glad to hear you are feeling good and healthy. It is so true what we stick in our mouths directly reflects our energy levels and overall outside. You are bound to be feeling good on your diet as its basically good stuff and stuff your body can do good stuff with, there is nothing there (that I know of) that is bad for you or your body struggles to break and convert into something else, its all good stuff. Can you tell ive swallowed a couple of text books? ! Lol

I’m experimenting at the moment with my food, we are all on a low cal diet obviously but im low GI and paying particular attention to my carbs, obviously I’m eating them but I’m sticking to complex carbs. I still clearly have a lid on carbs and I’m trying to establish how much is too much for me by trial and error. I worked out this week that I can have a max of 4 slices of Burgen bread a day and a large sweet potato and I will be fine, if I go over that I’m getting bloated and sluggish, so it looks like my good carb limit is about 60-70g a day.

Sounds like you had a productive day cleaning and i think you made the right choice on the funeral. It would have been hard anyway and its best for Dan to be able to catch up with his friends and toast to his friends memory by those people closest to him.

Amy - you are a busy bee! Enjoy it whist you can, before long youll be back but the good news is youll be in your Orlando countdown!#

Yvonne - exercise sounds great and sorry to hear about your PTs brother. That is sad. Can i ask you how much you pay for your PT?#
Good luck at the dentist i wondered how that was going.#
Did you think any more about Orlando and mocing about and stuff?

Natalie - glad you ache! Lol. Itll get easier. Im pleased you are also enjoying your chosen diet and its working this week. Im doing low GI Nat, but to be fair that is low cal, but then again we are all low cal really arent we?! Lol
Poor Matt working til midnight - is that cause hes setting the sale up?
Hope you enjoy your planned night of pampering!

Just on ipod as cooking my fish pie tea so had a bit of time.
On the way home tonight we popped into a tyre place to see if they could fix our tyre. Basically when we bought the car it had a screw in the tyre, so i told them and they were supposed to replace it but they never did - i didnt know this as you tend not to look at the underside of your tyre much do you? Anyway when it went in for its first service a couple of weeks back they spotted the screw and said the tyre needed replacing and it would be £120. I was like no way, well get a 2nd opinion so we did today. Turns out it was a teeny screw just in the groove not actually in the tyre and this guy just yanked it out with pliers for free! Result! What conmen the first garage was eh?!
Also you may remember my friend at work got married in late Feb before we went on honeymoon (the cheesecake lady) well she announced she was pregnant today. I knew already, i guessed about 2 months ago but didnt dare ask her, cause you cant can you really in case they arent? But it wasnt she looked fat she just had an aura i guess, anyway when she said and i said that id guessed, turns out i guessed before she knew! How funny is that?! She got pregnant quick though and thats good as shes 40 this year and her hubby is 41. It was all baby talk today! Not for me, im still happy to have it on hold but it was nice to chat to her. :-)

Anyway better go, dinner smells ready. #Speak to you all in a bit. X#
2012 - Sept The 'anniversary trip' SSR. - 2013 - October the bonus trip to POR
2015 - 20th trip!September WLV first trip with DD!
2017 - Sept Poly first trip with two toddlers!
2018 - May AKV & POR the last before school trip.
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2022 - April Poly, SSR, WLV
2023 - POFQ & AKL
alkel2730 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 11, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
NatsyNoo
Imagineer

NatsyNoo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 32
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Hello all

Just got back but letting my feet recover before doing a DVD so thought I'd post here

Going to do Hollywood, shower, then sort out payday money, have a look at post-wedding money/plans (I'm thinking we should be sensible and not go to Florida in 2013 but I'll have a look but we shoul sort house and car first I think before I get too carried away!), do a Tesco shop online...and then I think it'll be pretty much bedtime tbh! No time for pampering tonight! But I really need to try squeeze it in if I want to go for a run before sister's tomorrow.

Matt also announced yesterday that he's working Sunday so that means I'm all on my lonesome BUT it means I can do some exercise and sort out under our spare bed/spare room a bit with a couple of recent purchases. Need to be ruthless and get rid of some old and big clothes. Then an afternoon of Grey's - lush!

Liz so sorry to hear about card cloning but thank goodness your bank is taking is seriously! I had one experience where some fraudster was using my account to top up an O2 mobile phone. I called the bank and said since I pay £35 per month to Vodafone so do I really need to spend £80 on O2 topups! Anyway they increased my overdraft to help me, cancelled the card and reissued it and refunded the money about 2 weeks later when they investigated it. They said it was pretty common actually! Bad really but that's 21st century for you!

Kel glad your early mornings are over and sorry to hear you had a rubbishy night last night! Nice lay in tomorrow before working at home should do the trick Glad to heear baby talk didn't upset you, I think that's the realy test of if you made the right decision.

Liz, for me, when we're all doing well, from a selfish point of view, I don't like people getting too far ahead of me so I use it as competition...if others are constantly losing I should too etc.

Right if I don't do Hollywood soon I won't get everything done like I need to so I'll check in again in a bit!

Natsynoo's Trippie Index
NatsyNoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 11, 07:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Watergirl
Imagineer

Hello lovelies!

Kel - thank god you don't have to go into the office tomorrow! I feel tired on your behalf with all those starts and completely know what you mean about the cats. We've had to ban them from the bedroom or they run up and down the stairs all night with the dog. Gorgeous babies, but suddenly they want to play...at 3am? I don't think so. Have a very funny image of yours in the ensuite. Yoshi goes and just sits in our shower staring at us. Very odd.

Wow, didn't realise the explosion had made national news. I was exactly the same as you! I was livid that they would do something so stupid for a bit of extra money. The one that has survived ought to be deported.

No idea about card because it's actually from a debt collection company. It came up as something like C/Card Collections. Well I've never defaulted on a payment in my life, but it makes you think 'ooh, have I missed anything' but then I think you'd get a letter from whatever company. Dan forgot a payment when we were away to Tesco, so they sent him a letter. You don't just get money taken from a debt collection agency. So I knew it was fishy. They made the transaction at 7:02 Monday night and it's driving me mad as to how they got my details. I suppose anyone in debt could have got my details and then phoned up and ... oh sh*t I think I've just realised what it was.
How silly do I feel, I am realising as I'm typing. The payment that Dan forgot to make was to Tesco, I gave him my card to make the payment, as he didn't have much in his current account. Oops. What a wally. Better call the bank and tell them not to dispute it or the debt collection agency will think Dan's nicked my card.
Duh, how come it came to me just now and not before when I was wracking my brains.

Be back in a min...

Closed Thread