Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Closed Thread

Old 16 Sep 11, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post

Everything is sounding beautiful Em! Your choice of venues is gorgeous - I would love the wedding pavilion but I feel like we would swim in it with just about 10 of us, so thinking about the wedding gazebo at the Yacht Club instead... but I'm still in dreaming mode for December 2014... hopefully my OH would have popped the question by then!

I'm very sorry about your Grandad, and having your wedding to focus for your Nan is such a lovely gesture, I'm sure she is very grateful

Wow... 7 bridesmaids... your brave!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 11, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
evergreen
Imagineer

how lovely and wonderful was your proposal, (we love the Poly have been luck to have had 2 wonderful hoildays there)and the gifts and balloons by your family and friends how lovely,
will follow with interest your plans,:o)
Old 17 Sep 11, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
lady emz
Imagineer

lady emz's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by TabZ View Post
Everything is sounding beautiful Em! Your choice of venues is gorgeous - I would love the wedding pavilion but I feel like we would swim in it with just about 10 of us, so thinking about the wedding gazebo at the Yacht Club instead... but I'm still in dreaming mode for December 2014... hopefully my OH would have popped the question by then!

I'm very sorry about your Grandad, and having your wedding to focus for your Nan is such a lovely gesture, I'm sure she is very grateful

Wow... 7 bridesmaids... your brave!
Thanks Tabz, the WP is truely beautiful and we just fell in love with it after having a look around, although I think it will look pretty empty with only our 30ish guests too! Wedding gazebo is also lovely, I think any Disney wedding would be amazing! I have my fingers crossed for you OH to propose soon!

Thank you It definately has helped to cheer everyone up a bit.

Haha 8 BMs is proving a little difficult already, can't even arrange dinner for us all let alone a day to go looking for dresses!

Originally Posted by evergreen View Post
how lovely and wonderful was your proposal, (we love the Poly have been luck to have had 2 wonderful hoildays there)and the gifts and balloons by your family and friends how lovely,
will follow with interest your plans,:o)
The Poly really is a stunning resort, I hope we can stay there one day! Thank you for reading xxx
WDW (We love split stays!) - May 2011 - POR/BLT, Mar 2012 - Dibb Villa, Oct 2012 - SSR/GF/DCL/BLT, Apr 2013 - CSR/WL, Nov 2013 - BWV/AKL/DCL/OKW, May 2015 - OKW, November 2015 - ASMu, November 2016 - BCV/Poly
DLP - Oct 2008 - SL, Nov 2011 - Cheyenne, Nov 2014 - Cheyenne

Christmas in the Magic Dec 2015
Will We Make A Rope Drop?! - Apr/May 2013
Mr & Mrs V's Wishes Wedding and Disneymoon - October 2012
Our First Magical Trip - May 2011

lady emz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 11, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
lady emz
Imagineer

lady emz's Reviews
Planning Session

Our wedding consultant is Pam Pearce and she has been a total star so far, very quick at responding to my emails, sending information across and answering my many questions. She is very helpful and you are in good hands with her!

Our Planning Session has now been booked for Tuesday 20th March 1-5pm at Francks as we are very lucky to be able to travel over instead of doing it over the phone. We managed to find return flights in the Virgin sale for less than £400 each, and have booked 7 nights in a Dibb villa (Thanks Fareham Pete, would highly recommend him, very easy to book and he has also given me lots of helpful information ) followed by one night at AKL in a savannah view studio renting DVC points (Thank you so much Kel!). We are there from 15th March for 8 nights, look at my new countdown!

My Mum and Brian are coming with us so I am really looking forward to showing them around WDW, although as we are on a budget we won't be visiting any parks.

They think we only have 7 nights so we are going to tell them on Christmas day about the extra night at AKL, really can't wait to stay at this amazing resort!

We are also using the car on the drive service after reading such good reviews.

So during this trip we will have our planning session, site visits and tasting sessions on the Tuesday We hope to buy our wedding rings from Ultra Diamonds after receiving such good service and value on my engagement ring. We also want to have a look around SSR ready for our wedding and honeymoon stay there in October.

I am going to book a few ADRS though, thinking Ohanas as that was our favourite and then watch Wishes from the beach, just like that magical night in May , California Grill so that they get to experience Wishes with the music, and enjoy the yummy food! Jiko on our night at AKL and then a Boma breakfast on our last morning to prepare us for the long travel day home. I will hopefully get these booked next week Oh and not forgetting maybe a trip to Beaches and Cream to attempt the Kitchen Sink

So apart from that no other plans for March, so any ideas of free or cheap things to do in Orlando will be greatly appreciated, I did think of going to Celebration, and maybe a round of mini golf.
WDW (We love split stays!) - May 2011 - POR/BLT, Mar 2012 - Dibb Villa, Oct 2012 - SSR/GF/DCL/BLT, Apr 2013 - CSR/WL, Nov 2013 - BWV/AKL/DCL/OKW, May 2015 - OKW, November 2015 - ASMu, November 2016 - BCV/Poly

Edited at 09:15 PM.
lady emz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 11, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
lady emz
Imagineer

lady emz's Reviews
Disney Bride Diet!

Seeing my beautiful ring sparkling on my hand is a great motivator in my quest to loose weight. I lost 2 stone before our trip in May, following the slimming world plan. Some of this did go back on after enjoying the DDP hehe.

But I am now pleased to say I am back on track, and this is only with thanks to the DIsney Bride Diets thread on here, I have really made some great friends and have found it easier to stay on track with their help, encouragement and support. I have now lost 11lb since starting again, and have another stone and a half to go to get to my target. I am hoping that I will then be able to fit in a size 12 wedding dress.

I am calorie counting, doing exercise DVDs at home, and running 3 times a week to try and acheive this. 8 weeks ago I couldn't run for 60 seconds without struggling but after following a couch to 5k training programme, I completed my first 5k run last Sunday, it felt great! Onwards and downwards I plan to go!

Old 17 Sep 11, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
lady emz
Imagineer

lady emz's Reviews
My Dress

I am very excited to have booked my first bridal shop appointment for Saturday 22nd October, at a shop which stocks Maggie Sottero dresses. I love looking at her collections online, and the real life Maggie brides all look stunning.

I really like the Destination collection and think these will also be perfect for the Florida sun. These are my favourites at the moment, but I am guessing this may change when I start to try them on.

maggiesottero/dress.a...15&style=J1447

maggiesottero/dress.a...15&style=J1376

This is the first dress I liked when looking through wedding magazines!

maggiesottero/dress.a...15&style=J1396

These ones has a lovely back
maggiesottero/dress.a...15&style=A3321

maggiesottero/dress.a...15&style=A3240

I really hope the shop stocks some of these so I can try them on

Old 17 Sep 11, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post

Can't wait for the day of your beautiful wedding, most of all for you to officially become my sister in law!
xXxXx

Edited at 09:49 PM. Reason: typing error!
Old 17 Sep 11, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
ROO
Imagineer

ROO's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Everyone of those dresses are stunning, difficult to pick a fvourite but i did like the first one you seen in the wedding magazine. i am sure which ever one you choose you will look beautiful.
Old 17 Sep 11, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
lady emz
Imagineer

lady emz's Reviews
Originally Posted by Ruby-Rocks View Post
Can't wait for the day of your beautiful wedding, most of all for you to officially become my sister in law!
xXxXx
Welcome to the Dibb Caz, you are going to become addicted like me! hehe. You need to add a countdown xxx

Originally Posted by ROO View Post
Everyone of those dresses are stunning, difficult to pick a fvourite but i did like the first one you seen in the wedding magazine. i am sure which ever one you choose you will look beautiful.
Thanks Roo, hopefully the choice will be a bit easier when I start to try them on! xxx

Old 17 Sep 11, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post

Heehee, and yep, countdown done! Xx
Closed Thread