Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Closed Thread

Old 6 Apr 12, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post
lady emz
Imagineer

lady emz's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Saturday 17th March - Day 3 - Discovery Cove!

WARNING: Today is very photo heavey as if you read my May trippy you will know I acidentally deleted all of our photos from DC day, luckily I made up for it this time

We were all very excited about Discovery Cove today, me and Scott as we knew about the surprise package and Mum and Brian as it was their first visit,

As I was getting ready I recieved a courtesy call from FL Magical Tours confirming he would be with us at 7.30am, and as promised he arrived on time.

We got the Dibb discount from FL Magical tours and also a free upgrade to Escalade so we were all happy, felt like Jack Bauer in there for all you 24 fans!

Our driver stopped for a photo opportunity en route

Scott and I spotted a hidden Mickey

And we arrived with no problems at Discovery Cove just after 8am, perfect!

We checked in and were given a swim time of 11.15am for Mum and Brian, had our photos taken and the lady did mention we should check into our Cabana after breakfast, luckily Mum or Brian didn't catch that!

First stop was breakfast, thsi is served buffet style but the servers load your plate with your choices, love the chocolate milk here and we all pretty much tried it all, piggies!

Nicely full we wandered back towards guest services hut where I could check us in for the cabana

As we approached the hut we were asked if we had a cabana...SURPRISE! Yes we do we have upgraded

A very nice man (Sorry no name!) took us through the pretty park to our cabana which was located next to the new Grand Reef. We saw the bars being set up for the day, so pretty!

This was our view

And some photos of the cabana, sorry in advance, I love the hibiscus flowers!

We settled in, loading our locker with our belongings, and applied suncream as today was hot, reached over 30 degrees on the DisCo thermometer! Then our server for the day came in to introduce himself, and he brought us a basket of snacks
WDW (We love split stays!) - May 2011 - POR/BLT, Mar 2012 - Dibb Villa, Oct 2012 - SSR/GF/DCL/BLT, Apr 2013 - CSR/WL, Nov 2013 - BWV/AKL/DCL/OKW, May 2015 - OKW, November 2015 - ASMu, November 2016 - BCV/Poly
DLP - Oct 2008 - SL, Nov 2011 - Cheyenne, Nov 2014 - Cheyenne

Christmas in the Magic Dec 2015
Will We Make A Rope Drop?! - Apr/May 2013
Mr & Mrs V's Wishes Wedding and Disneymoon - October 2012
Our First Magical Trip - May 2011

lady emz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 12, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
lady emz
Imagineer

lady emz's Reviews
After a bit of relaxing in the sun on our loungers, we had a paddle in the reef when it opened

They have a little pool sectioned off for the babies to make sure they stay safe

Scott and I then went for a snorkel, it is really amazing swimmign above the massive rays, I took some videos so will share those at the end of my report , we saw the eels and the sharks safely behind glass, and lots of fish. Very proud of Scotty as when I met him he couldn't swim and now he is snorkelling bless him, glad he was able to see it all for himself as I don't think words can express how good it is!

After all that swimming it was time for a snack haha.

And a little rest for me, where Brian discovered my tattoo was the same as the one used to decorate my towel!

Ohana means family, family means noone gets left behind or forgotten... love that quote!

And then it was time to wander down for Mum and Brian's dolphin swim. Spotting this beauty on the way

Scott and I relaxed whilst Mum and Brian watched the safety video and signed their lives away!

Then when they came out we took a pew on top of the rocks behind them so we could capture their interaction...and surprise! They were in the Seahorse pool.

Bit cold in there?!

And their dolphins were Clipper and Dixie

In their small group can you believe there was a couple and the lady worked in Hemel where we live?! Small world!

Anyway, here are a few photos of their experience, you all know what happens!
(Mum made Brian wear his cap as his head gets burnt hehe)

I think Brian enjoyed that!

And then it was a who is the strongest competition The trainer needed someone strong to help her out, so they had to show their flexed muscles...and Mum won. So she swam out and waited for Dixie to bring the bouy we had ordered as a surprise for their 15th wedding anniversary next month!

What does it say?!

The kids did good! I think there was a little tear...
WDW (We love split stays!) - May 2011 - POR/BLT, Mar 2012 - Dibb Villa, Oct 2012 - SSR/GF/DCL/BLT, Apr 2013 - CSR/WL, Nov 2013 - BWV/AKL/DCL/OKW, May 2015 - OKW, November 2015 - ASMu, November 2016 - BCV/Poly

lady emz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 12, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post
lady emz
Imagineer

lady emz's Reviews

When they got out of the water, a lady was waiting with one last surprise, their Discovery Cove bag which came with the package, which had a tshirt, photo frame, waterproof disposable camera and a 25% off photos voucher and a free photo. So next stop was to choose their photos, then dropped everything back to the cabana and headed off to lunch back at the Laguna Grill.

Salmon, jambalaya and caesar salad for me (Salmon was a bit dry but the rest was good!)

Pulled pork, chicken tenders and fries for Scott, with a bud light!

A yummy salad with feta cheese and I think redcurrants, jambalaya and pulled pork for Mum

And Brian must had had a combo of some of this as no photo of his, sorry!
Then puddings, carrot cake for me and cheesecake for Mum

Scott went for round 2 instead...burger and hotdog!

Whilst eating we were entertained by the steel band who are great fun!

Nicely full up (For now at least ) we then took a wander around the park, going over the bridge and towards the lazy river

Stopped of for some frozen cocktails

Then Mum and Brian went back to our cabana, whilst me and Scott stopped off to look at the animals on show today

This little guy was cute, but kept falling asleep as he is nocturnal poor little thing!

We wandered back to our cabana, stopping for more drinks (We had used FL Magical tours today so we could all enjoy the drink for once) Bud light for Scott and vodka with I think cranberry lemonade for me! It was feeding time at the reef

We then decided to spend the next hour floating around the lazy river with the help of some noodles. The scenery in DisCo really is beautiful, we went through the aviary (But didn't actually walk through it as Mum and I are not bird lovers!) and just relaxed as we all floated.

The next stop was Laguna Grill as can you believe we were hungry?! It was just after 3pm when it closed but there was some food left, lucky!

More of the yummy feta and berry salad for me and Mum, I also had a turkey, salad and avocado sandwich which was yummy. Brian had a burger and Scott went for 2 chocolate cakes, 1 more of a brownie and another nice moist one, which I had a few bites of, Brian was enjoying the fruit cups of melon and pineapple!

Stuffed again we went back to the cabana for a relaxing hour or so just looking out onto the reef, perfect!

I then went for a shower to try out the products I think I read about in Libbys report?! Then it was time to leave this beautiful park.

We had a lovely day at Discovery Cove and the cabana was lovely to relax in, our server kept the snacks and drinks topped up and kept offering more towels. We did take some snacks home with us, and some yummy oranges from the bar! Nicest oranges I have ever had, perfectly ripe and juicy!

FL Magical Tours dropped us back at the villa and we spent the evening relaxing by our pool at the villa, with more bud lights for Scott and Brian, who enjoyed the pool until gone 10pm I think. A long day but nice and relaxing and everyone enjoyed it. We went to bed all ready to meet the lovely Carrie tomorrow at a pub she recommended so we coudl watch the Chelsea match...can you see a trend starting here?!

Old 6 Apr 12, 03:16 PM  
Link to this Post
MFras23
Imagineer

MFras23's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 20
Guidebook Reviews: 15
I love all of your DC photos- it is making me really want to go back!
Definitely a good idea to make the most of all the food there though
Old 6 Apr 12, 03:22 PM  
Link to this Post
lady emz
Imagineer

lady emz's Reviews
Originally Posted by MFras23 View Post
I love all of your DC photos- it is making me really want to go back!
Definitely a good idea to make the most of all the food there though
Thank you, we really had a great day and I took so many photos! I hope you can go back soon, it is a great place to relax after a few busy days in the parks (Although not that we had done that this time!).
I think we definately made the most of our snacks, I ate the last pack of Trails End mix (nuts, m&ms and raisins) last weekend so we got our money's worth!

Old 6 Apr 12, 03:39 PM  
Link to this Post
NatsyNoo
Imagineer

NatsyNoo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 32
Guidebook Reviews: 7
What a perfect day!
And love the tatt... didn't know about that before I don't think! Little minx
Glad your mum and Brian loved it!
And that jambalaya looked amazing!

Natsynoo's Trippie Index
NatsyNoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 12, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
lady emz
Imagineer

lady emz's Reviews
Originally Posted by NatsyNoo View Post
What a perfect day!
And love the tatt... didn't know about that before I don't think! Little minx
Glad your mum and Brian loved it!
And that jambalaya looked amazing!
Thanks Nat
I got the tatt just after we lost my Grandad and I love it! Kind of a little Disney touch there, I am thinking of getting a Wishes one whilst we are in Florida on my thigh to represent our engagement and wedding, I want it with pixie dust and a hidden Mickey!
Jambalaya was yummy and I got a good portion with lots of prawns, poor Brian only got a couple! xxx

Old 6 Apr 12, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
madhatter3
Imagineer

madhatter3's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Ah Em I have just spent the past 30 mins catching up with your trip report, as been away in not so sunny wales with the kids.

Your rings are beautiful, also love your mickey mouse ring as well.
The journey to the magic sounded plain sailing apart from the lack of beer.
Love those ribbons on your suitcases.
All your food pictures look scrummy.
Your discovery cove day looks amazing, we loved every single second of our day there, it really is worth the money, a cabanna makes it so much more special though.
I can still taste those oranges from dc, I most of took about 6 back to our room as the kids loved them.

Can not wait to read more of your trip and how the planning session went.
Have a wonderful Easter.
madhatter3 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 12, 12:49 AM  
Link to this Post
bel
Imagineer

bel's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 3
FINALLY I have managed to read through your thread!

Dont know where to start but all sounds so fantastic! Love it all and your dress is sooo beautiful, perfect for a Florida wedding!

Your DC pics are great, where did you get to meet those birds and the armadillo? Totally missed out on that both times I have been!

Cant wait to keep up with future updates...

xxxx

(PS. BFL just means bump for later which means when I view my posts I see it and remember to go back to read later!)
bel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 12, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Pinkgirl
Imagineer

Pinkgirl's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 34
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I'm all caught up

Love the rings. We have flown on Ruby Tuesday before and we have the same suitcase ribbon - hmm cant imagine where you got that from

DisCo looks amazing. We hope to do it in a couple of year when Paige is a more confident swimmer.

That bud light bottle brings back memories of Dine with Shamu a few years ago when our server kept bringing us more and more (well it was included) and then sent us away with a few more for good measure as we were about the only table that tipped him and chatted to him.

My Princess
2016 - Marriott Courtyard, RPR, Yacht Club; 2014 - Marriott Courtyard, RPR, Yacht Club; 2012 - Rosen Inn, Yacht Club; 2010 - POFQ; 2009 - POR; 2008 - Wyndham, POFQ, Renaissance Seaworld; 2003 - Holiday Inn, I Drive; 2000 - Hojo, I Drive, All Star Movies; 1997 - Best Western, I Drive
Pinkgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread