Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 26 Nov 19, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
hols2florida
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile Lego

My DSs have been collecting lego for years. We now have a lot & they have now decided it can go. We don’t have the individual boxes but do have a lot of instruction booklets for the various sets. I was going to sort it all into sets but realise it will take forever! Would you sell it all in one lot, split into smaller lots or sort into actual sets?
hols2florida is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 19, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

I would look on ebay to see which way is selling and making the most money.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 19, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Tigger71
Imagineer

Tigger71's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

You probably get more for individual sets with booklets but oh my that is going to take some time! You almost have to build each item up first. I couldnt do it... 😃. Maybe you get the kids to help ?

Otherwise I would just sell it in bulk... Life’s too short 😃
Old 26 Nov 19, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by hols2florida View Post
My DSs have been collecting lego for years. We now have a lot & they have now decided it can go. We don’t have the individual boxes but do have a lot of instruction booklets for the various sets. I was going to sort it all into sets but realise it will take forever! Would you sell it all in one lot, split into smaller lots or sort into actual sets?
Have sent you a message
munmun is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 19, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
hols2florida
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Tigger71 View Post
You probably get more for individual sets with booklets but oh my that is going to take some time! You almost have to build each item up first. I couldnt do it... 😃. Maybe you get the kids to help ?

Otherwise I would just sell it in bulk... Life’s too short 😃
As much as I enjoy building lego, it would probably take weeks to rebuild it all!
hols2florida is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 19, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
hols2florida
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by munmun View Post
Have sent you a message
Replied, thanks.
Old 26 Nov 19, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

Originally Posted by hols2florida View Post
As much as I enjoy building lego, it would probably take weeks to rebuild it all!
The back of each booklet usually has a list of all the Lego pieces in the set so you could use that to sort out each package. It would still take a while to do though but luckily Lego holds it's value well and some of the popular retired sets can go up in value.
Beth_Disney is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 19, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
hols2florida
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Beth_Disney View Post
The back of each booklet usually has a list of all the Lego pieces in the set so you could use that to sort out each package. It would still take a while to do though but luckily Lego holds it's value well and some of the popular retired sets can go up in value.
That’s what I was going to do. Just weighed it & there’s over 12kg of it so even just sorting the pieces as opposed to building it would take a while.
Old 26 Nov 19, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
AnnieB
Imagineer

I would just make the sets over time while watching TV. I find it quite fun!
AnnieB is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 19, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Mobile

We have a lot of LEGO too - though thankfully DD boxed it back up after each build! Should also really try to sell it but it can be such a lot of work.

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List