Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 17 May 19, 10:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa-72
Imagineer

Lisa-72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Most bizarre experience update

Tonight on a very short walk to our local I had to stop walking as I had very weird stomach pains. A few minutes later it passed. Sat in the pub and it all went very weird.
Stabbing pains in my sides, stomach and lower back, I was sweating but to touch I was cold and clammy. I was struggling to catch my breath and that was very frightening.
This went on for about 20 minutes and my OH was on the verge of ringing for an ambulance.
Thankfully his encouragement of deep breaths seem to ease it.
It was so frightening.

Edited at 11:32 AM.
Lisa-72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 19, 11:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie18
Imagineer

Mobile

Did you call NHS 24? it might be a good idea to get looked over. Sounds a bit like gallstones.
Minnie18 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 19, 11:43 PM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

It might be worth calling the NHS help line just to be checked.
Old 18 May 19, 12:02 AM  
Link to this Post
bluedave
Imagineer

Get in checked out. I had gallstones and one minute was I such intense pain an ambulance was called for me, then a while later the pain had completely gone. I’m sure it could be all sorts of things - so see your GP
bluedave is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 19, 06:52 AM  
Link to this Post
BabyM
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Sounds like the type of pain I had with gallstones. I would get it checked.
Old 18 May 19, 08:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisa-72
Imagineer

Lisa-72's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 8

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Thanks everyone I have an appointment on Tuesday.

Edited at 09:03 AM.
Lisa-72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 19, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I hope everything is ok with you, my son keeps getting chest pains after eating crisps or bread, burgers etc. He think he’s having a heart attack and then the pain passes. He’s only 23 so I can’t imagine it’s his heart, I keep telling him to go to the drs but once the pain has passed he says no I’m ok now!
Old 21 May 19, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Kpzorse
Excited about Disney

Kpzorse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by Sandra & co View Post
I hope everything is ok with you, my son keeps getting chest pains after eating crisps or bread, burgers etc. He think he’s having a heart attack and then the pain passes. He’s only 23 so I can’t imagine it’s his heart, I keep telling him to go to the drs but once the pain has passed he says no I’m ok now!
This sounds like GERD/heartburn/acid reflux. Processed grains like wheat found in bread, burger buns etc and rich starchy foods, are one of the main causes of this after dairy. May be worth him going to the Drs as you suggested. They'll be able to give him something for it.

Sept '18 - POFQ, March '18- AKL, DLP Feb '18- Cheyenne, Sept '16- POR, Feb '15- CBR
Kpzorse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 19, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
goodevans
VIP Dibber

goodevans's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 13
Mobile

Definitely sounds like the sort of symptoms I ignored for years and then got so bad that I was eventually diagnosed with Gallstones. GP kept dismissing it as indigestion and I had to suggest I thought it was gallstones and wanted a ultrasound to check !
Sure enough my gallbladder was full of the blighters!
Don't be robbed off.
Hope you are ok
X
Hotel Cheyenne DLP - 1994,Davy Crockett Ranch DLP - 1996 ,AllStars Sports WDW 1997,DL Hotel DLP - 1998,All Stars Movies WDW - 2000,AKL WDW -03,Newport Bay Club DLP - 04,AKL WDW- 06,Sequoia Lodge DLP 06
Fairfield Inn Marriot Village LBV-12

Hawthorn Suites LBV-14, Hotel Cheyenne DLP-17, LBV, RPR, POR-WDW, AMI+Disney Dream '18
goodevans is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 19, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post
goodevans
VIP Dibber

goodevans's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 13
Mobile

Originally Posted by Sandra & co View Post
Do persuade him to get it checked out as a young person this should not be happening .
Although it does sound like GERD etc
I did have a spell when my gallstone attacks came on when the pain was more in my chest too and that led the GP to diagnose indigestion and give me Gaviscon for that (didn't touch it by the way).
Best not to ignore.
Hope he gets it sorted
x
Hotel Cheyenne DLP - 1994,Davy Crockett Ranch DLP - 1996 ,AllStars Sports WDW 1997,DL Hotel DLP - 1998,All Stars Movies WDW - 2000,AKL WDW -03,Newport Bay Club DLP - 04,AKL WDW- 06,Sequoia Lodge DLP 06
Fairfield Inn Marriot Village LBV-12

Hawthorn Suites LBV-14, Hotel Cheyenne DLP-17, LBV, RPR, POR-WDW, AMI+Disney Dream '18
goodevans is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread