Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 10 Feb 21, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
jas72
VIP Dibber

Looking now at Barcelona next year sadly we couldn't lift and shift as it ended 31st January and you couldn't shift past 30 April 2022

So it looks like I'll be taking my deposit and rebooking May 2022 might do France and Spain from Southampton or Barcelona I prefer Barcelona but the flights are expensive as there are a lot of Spanish in Belgium.

Also the cruise is £300 per person more expensive so and extra 900 for the three of us...

Old 10 Feb 21, 02:21 PM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Originally Posted by jas72 View Post
Looking now at Barcelona next year sadly we couldn't lift and shift as it ended 31st January and you couldn't shift past 30 April 2022

So it looks like I'll be taking my deposit and rebooking May 2022 might do France and Spain from Southampton or Barcelona I prefer Barcelona but the flights are expensive as there are a lot of Spanish in Belgium.

Also the cruise is £300 per person more expensive so and extra 900 for the three of us...
Thats such a shame. We've had our Alaska cruise cancelled today for May (expected) but have one booked in Med in June now and really don't know how I feel about it. Luckily that company have been great at allowing us to move so if it does end up cancelled we can just move it on. Unfortunately not getting the same offers is driving me mad as our original cruise we had OBC and a discount but at least we are managing to keep the OBC each time which is something.
Old 11 Feb 21, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
CarolynU
Imagineer

CarolynU's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
My end of May DCL cruise out of Barcelona is already a lift and shift from last year and there was even a balance towards a DCL August 10 Nights out of Copenhagen.
To be honest I honestly don’t believe either of these will sail.
Now I would usually swap to the same period next year but I don’t want to shift to anything prior to April 2022, so I don’t have a clue what to do.
Worst case scenario is that one of those cruises does sail but we are not allowed international travel so still can’t go thinking (August) and do we even qualify for a refund? I’m assuming not. I feel as if I need a degree in terms and conditions of every possible scenario right now.
Old 12 Feb 21, 08:16 AM  
Link to this Post
jas72
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by CarolynU View Post
My end of May DCL cruise out of Barcelona is already a lift and shift from last year and there was even a balance towards a DCL August 10 Nights out of Copenhagen.
To be honest I honestly don’t believe either of these will sail.
Now I would usually swap to the same period next year but I don’t want to shift to anything prior to April 2022, so I don’t have a clue what to do.
Worst case scenario is that one of those cruises does sail but we are not allowed international travel so still can’t go thinking (August) and do we even qualify for a refund? I’m assuming not. I feel as if I need a degree in terms and conditions of every possible scenario right now.
Does Disney not go from UK? I'm moving towards going from the UK later this summer. I have to decide soon but I think in terms of vaccination the UK should be in a good place this summer.

I think that cruises will resume but I'm afraid that RC in UK will only allow vaccinated UK residents or some silly rule like that I honestly can live with Corona lockdowns etc., but the unknown holiday plans are killing me.

Yes very much selfish first world problems but for a planner like me normally having my whole vacation year planned in advance not even knowing if i can travel this summer is a major bummer.

I was 99% positive that the numbers would be well down in May with the vaccine (they still might) but it looks like cruising will not be happening.

Old 12 Feb 21, 08:22 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Does Disney not go from UK? I'm moving towards going from the UK later this summer. I have to decide soon but I think in terms of vaccination the UK should be in a good place this summer.

I think that cruises will resume but I'm afraid that RC in UK will only allow vaccinated UK residents or some silly rule like that I honestly can live with Corona lockdowns etc., but the unknown holiday plans are killing me.

Yes very much selfish first world problems but for a planner like me normally having my whole vacation year planned in advance not even knowing if i can travel this summer is a major bummer.

I was 99% positive that the numbers would be well down in May with the vaccine (they still might) but it looks like cruising will not be happening.
Disney only does a few cruises a year from the UK itself.

I agree about the unknown holiday thing its absolutely killing me. I'm rescheduling cruises left right and centre and feel like none are going to happen. Definitely a planner and so far have 6 planned cruises that never happened!

Wales today reached group 4 out of 10 I think it is which have been offered jab 1 with England expected to hit this Monday so the jabs are going well. I'm still optimistic about June Med cruise but who knows really now.
Old 12 Feb 21, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post
CarolynU
Imagineer

CarolynU's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

They do go from the uk and there is one at the very end of August from Dover this year that I was tempted to shift my money to but it clashes with the first 3 days of the new school term and we have a little five year old and my daughter is adamant that the first few days of term are not ideal to take a kiddie out.
I’m a bit more on the fence about that to be honest and I think she would adapt.
But then my daughter is worried about having to quarantine for two weeks once home and I just don’t have any answers, but you have made me re-consider this option!
It’s all so complicated. I’m assuming that DCL won’t insist on vaccination rules for families with young kiddies but who knows.