Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 17 Jan 21, 05:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Have blank credit cards for unexpected bills/ expenses and for paying holidays etc for added protection. Also Halifax clarity for spending in usa. X
Old 17 Jan 21, 05:52 PM  
Link to this Post
TigerLily8
VIP Dibber

I have two, Halifax clarity for using abroad because the exchange rate is near perfect (or at least it used to be... haven’t looked for a while!). And a virgin Atlantic one to collect points... buy everything else on this and pay it off straight away :-)
TigerLily8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 21, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Lizzim
Imagineer

Lizzim's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We have 3 between us:

1. Hilton Barclaycard (his account) which we use for all everyday shopping and pay off in full each month. We get Hilton points and Gold membership through our spending.
2. Jaja (was Post Office) for overseas use due to no transaction fees.
3. A Barclaycard I got on an interest free offer, for use while doing home improvements. Has now been paid off and the deal has run out but useful for emergencies.
Lizzim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 21, 05:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

We don’t have a credit card or Amex.
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 21, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
CarolynU
Imagineer

CarolynU's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I use one cc as it has no foreign transaction fees. I use another for Virgin Airmiles, so hope they keep going and I have two more that offer cash back.
I use all of them for the above and pay everything back each month, so it’s essentially money I’d spend anyway giving me free stuff back.
Old 17 Jan 21, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Another who uses a credit card for everything, preferably Amex but Virgin when not accepted. We use a different one abroad but I can't remember which because it's a better exchange rate.
We pay it off every month, it's a good servant but a bad master.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 21, 06:06 PM  
Link to this Post
daisymae
Imagineer

I use my credit card for online purchases and since lockdown linked to Apple Pay so much more especially supermarket shopping going on it now. It is set up to clear the balance every month. It’s quite shocking to see how much we spend. I rarely use my debit card now and as others have said it is easier to sort out fraud in a credit card than debit and hate using it on internet.
daisymae is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 21, 06:08 PM  
Link to this Post
signtalker
Imagineer

I have one , just for emergencies whenever we are away on holiday, never had to,use it

Hate to think of having to,pay it off in one go, or monthly , some friends I know use them all the while and rack up a silly amount on them, I wouldn’t be able to sleep if that were me.

Jules
signtalker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 21, 06:13 PM  
Link to this Post
catherinesian
Imagineer

I have an Amex which most purchases go on, paid off in full each month. We also have an Amazon CC for anywhere Amex isn’t accepted. Both reward credit cards.

Forgot to say I also have a Jaja (used to be post office) one with no foreign transaction fees for holidays.

Next trip to WDW Sept 2024 for our Wedding

Edited at 06:15 PM.
catherinesian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 21, 06:20 PM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Use a credit card for everything and pay off every month. Also have a fee free one for holidays to US and I actually got an interest free one that I paid my kitchen with and I just divided the debt between the number of interest free months so treating it like an interest free loan. Credit cards are great if you are in control and clear monthly or have an interest free set up as I have, but in my early twenties I wouldn’t clear my debt each month and the interest I paid was atrocious! I’ll never do that again!
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List