Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 22 Jan 21, 03:24 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ChrisS View Post
Trust you - wondered how long it would be before the Gatorade pixs arrived Silvercat got the gator sandwich comment in

As always 332, best to you/yours

Oh no Hermione, Rennie are too chalkie, Walmarts version of chewable, soft centre, Tums are better
You are in my thoughts (stupid as it sounds)

Stay safe & keep smiling

Disney332
Old 22 Jan 21, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridarules
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Oh my goodness, cannot believe it swallowed the gator whole 😳
Marriott Motel, IDrive 1991, Davenport 2009, Windsor Palms 2010, 2012, Windsor Palms/RPR 2014, Windsor Palms, RPR, HRH 2016, Anna Maria, RPR, HRH & Windsor Palms 2018, Miami, Orlando, Anna Maria & Naples 2019. Orlando/HRH Easter 2022 & Miami/Orlando/RPR/Anna Maria/Naples 2022, Orlando 2023, Exploring Tampa 2024, Family relaxation at Anna Maria 2024
Floridarules is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 21, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

As ever, fantastic pics Chris!

Thanks for sharing
SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 21, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Floridarules View Post
Oh my goodness, cannot believe it swallowed the gator whole 😳
I admit to still repeatedly looking at them FR, as I too couldn't believe he got that gator down. Apparently the right place, right time photographer was awed. Altho the gator was a juvi it was still a fair sized juvi.

In 2010, the year of the worst Fl winter for something like 40 years, we took my parents, sister and a Fl friend to a big property with a 500 foot seawall on Marathon, the weather was smashing down The Keys. Took my rod and shrimp to fish, no casting, simply dropped the hook in, each time having an immediate pull, the rod would chink, I'd haul in the fish, then release.

Heard an odd noise, turn around as a great blue heron came in to land afore slowly walking towards me, stopping afore it got too close, just! I had a fish flopping around on the seawall and the heron kept looking at me then the fish, penny dropped, it wanted fish. I gave it 9 in total before it flew off, following day back again, 7 on that occasion - the others sat on the large patio, soaking up the sun watching this amazing wildlife encounter I was so lucky to have. The next day we were leaving when ma shouted there was somebody at the door for me, nobody at the front door, she pointed to the patio doors, there's great blue beak tapping on the glass, 'howay, let's go fishing lass'... didn't take him long to manipulate me
Old 22 Jan 21, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitchesmumanddad
VIP Dibber

I didnt like those photos at all - sorry
Old 22 Jan 21, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Stitchesmumanddad View Post
I didnt like those photos at all - sorry
No need to be sorry, I'm surprised you looked after I made a specific advisory re what was in the photo's.
Old 22 Jan 21, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

The shape of the herons neck in the last photo is impressive.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 21, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
That’s incredible. Brilliant photos. I was just watching Wild Florida on Nat Geo and saw a Burmese python kill and eat a trash panda 😳

Edited at 07:08 PM.
NewtoOrlando is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 21, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Rebelrebel
Imagineer

Great photos
Rebelrebel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 21, 06:26 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rebelrebel View Post
Great photos
Hi RR - I've updated Harriet and M15's nest too on the bald eagle thread, HERE, two eaglets hatched yesterday, 23rd Jan, welcome to 2021 for that pair. Let's hope it's a good year and both survive.

Haven't gone into the NE Fla nest in detail yet to see if they've had any hatchings