Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Closed Thread

Old 15 Jun 11, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
stefinscotland
Excited about Disney

Sounds a bit odd that they wouldnt book ur dates straight away. I recently bought my Dc tickets with FloridaTix and recieved my official vouchers within a few days x
Disney, Bahama Cruise and New York 2017
DLP 2018, Villa 2019, Villa 2023
stefinscotland is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 11, 11:51 PM  
Link to this Post
joe 70
Apprentice Imagineer

I,ll be another one on the phones to them in the morning,paid deposit couple of months ago and then paid balance about two week ago for DC but no sign of anything yet.:angry:I won,t be happy if they turn round and say my date is not available as i,m not flexible on it.Thanks for the warning you,ve stirred me into action as normally i,m a trusting kind of guy.Hope you get sorted too!
2018 Aurora Villa Virgins/PBH
2019 POR Here we come!

Edited at 11:54 PM.
joe 70 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 11, 07:50 AM  
Link to this Post
sully301
Imagineer

Is this who supplies Complete Orlando?
sully301 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 11, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Triciamcl
VIP Dibber

Triciamcl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Hope you get this all sorted out. i nearly went with them but finally decided to book direct so glad i did now. i thought they got them at time of booking and held them. All seems a bit off especially so close to your trip it's the last thing you need. Good luck x

2010 DOUBLETREE RESORT
2011 DOUBLETREE RESORT
2012 DOUBLETREE RESORT
2015 POFQ, RPR and DOUBLETREE RESORT
2017 POFQ

2022 POFQ & Cabana Bay
Triciamcl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 11, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
d n l brown
slightly serious Dibber

This happened to me a few month ago,i booked through them they took the money then 5 days later rang me to change the date because the 1 i had was not available,they only had 29th aug and we leave 25th aug so they had to refund me,i then booked direct with dc no problems,they contacted me within 5 day so hopefully you people that have been booked a while will be ok,hope op gets sorted i know how you feel dc was mine and hubbys fav day last year.
Old 16 Jun 11, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post

After seeing this post last night it has of course worried me as we've booked all of our tickets (Disney, SW, BG, AQ, Dinner shows etc etc) through ATD.

I've just got off the phone with them & although they have said that our dates are 'confirmed' with DC i've still paid the lot off in full.

Sadly i've had to break in to my ISA for it rather than saving weekly to pay the balance in August (6 weeks before as per the OP), but if it means i'm guaranteed the date i've requested then so be it

I really hope no one has any problems with their dates & you all get the dates you want! (& praying I don't get a call back to say my dates need changing :angry: luckily we can be flexible if needs be )

Have a fantastic holiday everyone
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 11, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post
chrisbrad
Gone all Goofy
- DIBB Advertiser -

Dear All,

I was very concerned to read about the problem that 'dbolan' experienced recently and I just wanted to come online to reassure everyone that booking with Attraction Tickets Direct is indeed safe and secure.

As the UK's largest Florida ticket broker, we book thousands of customers into Discovery Cove every year. We have a direct link into Discovery Cove's reservation system so all bookings are made instantly and therefore it is certainly not our policy to sit on bookings and wait until nearer the time to confirm with DC.

It appears that in this instance, there was a drop in connection between our systems and the booking did not complete successfully. Unfortunately this was not picked up by our admin team and only came to light when the customer came to pay their balance. This was clearly a mistake our end and we can only apologise. Whilst the cause of the problem was a system glitch, it should have been spotted and on the back of this issue, we are reviewing our processes to ensure that this does not happen again.

We will make sure that the dbolan party are looked after and that they will get their swims as per their original booking and I just want to seek to reassure other customers who have bookings with us that this is just an isolated incident.

Once again, please accept our apologies for this mistake and we look forward to being of service to many more of you in the future.

Best wishes,

Chris
Director
Attraction Tickets Direct
chrisbrad is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 11, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Hooray4Disney
Imagineer

Hooray4Disney's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I am so glad that you have responded to this post Chris. After reading the above comments, I was starting to get extremely worried. I too paid off our balance last week and am awaiting the tickets in the post that have been promised to arrive in the next seven days.

Please keep us posted everyone. Never had a problem with ATD before and do hope that this is an isolated incident.

2002 - Hampton Lakes, WDW. 2003 - Westridge Villas, WDW. 2005, 2008, 2011 Formosa Blvd, WDW. 2010, 2013 Hotel Cheyenne, DLP. 2014 OKW/Westridge, WDW. 2015 - NYC, DCA & Rotonda West. 2016 - Hotel Kyriad, DLP. 2016 - Toronto 2017 - OKW, Bahama Bay & The Keys 2018 - Vegas, Yellowstone, San Francisco, L.A. 2018 DLP - Hotel B&B 2019 - Lake Berkeley, WDW. 2022 - Seattle/Hawaii
Hooray4Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 11, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
ANGEL C
Serious Dibber

I too was worried as I have DC tickets (and BMG) booked with ATD for next year, I'm more reassured now having read Chris' post.

I'm still a little concerned though that after having made my booking I was told I would receive an invoice within 7 days. That was 4 weeks ago and still nothing. I did call them a couple of weeks ago and was told they were having some issues with their new system but confirmed my order details back to me. Still would be nice to have it in writing though.

Disney's ASM 2001 / Disney's CBR 2005 / Disney's POP 2007
Renaissance @ Seaworld & POFQ 2009 /Renaissance & POR 2010
Universal's RPR & Disney's POFQ 2012
POFQ & RPR 2014 / Renaissance & RPR 2016 / POFQ 2018
ANGEL C is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 11, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post

This is just typical and common practise, I found out last year that even though travel agents take your money like 8 to 10 weeks before you go they actually dont even pay the accom etc till afew weeks before, and thats whay you dont get yout tickets etc till the last min half the time. Its a joke, they obviosly do what they banck do and take your money so they can earn interest off it before they have to pay up. Flaming cheak I say.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread