Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 14 Apr 19, 02:51 PM  
Link to this Post
weeleighluigi
Imagineer

Weight loss and holiday packing!

I'm really unsure what to do...

I lost 23kg a couple years ago... wonderful... then fell ill... the meds I was on made me gain weight (amytriptiline, awful stuff) ... 10kg of it back. So all my last holiday clothes are that size.
We go on holiday in 10 weeks... and my meds have changed again... I lost the 10 kgs... and I'm still losing. I have no idea what to get to wear on holiday... our bags are normally packed by now... I don't want to buy stuff now for it not to fit later down the line... i also dont want to guess what size i might be then and it doesnt fit! I don't have the money for That! Lol! The weight is literally falling off me!

I'm still a bit overweight, and could afford to lose another 10kg..(the meds are topirimate/topamax and I have only been on them 6 weeks! ) But any more than that and I would say it's a health risk! Ha ha!

I really don't know what to do for clothes! Help me please!
I'm happy in Nike tempo shorts and a t-shirt or strappy sundress but I'm also really fussy, it has to be mid thigh, no longer! I'm petite and only stand at 5"3, but Apple shaped

I'm terrified I end up with nothing, we live in a rural area and internet shopping is a flaming pain, I won't be near a city for a while... I'm starting to stress! Lol.

Edited at 02:54 PM.
weeleighluigi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 19, 02:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Eden
Very Serious Dibber

I would get some A line dresses, get them so they fit well/snug at the top then if you loose more weight it won't affect the fit of the dress too much.
I would wait another month though, more summer stuff will be in the shops, your weight loss might plataue and most shops do next day delivery so you only need to shop a couple of weeks before at most
Eden is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 19, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post
taylaboo
Imagineer

Take a mix of what you feel comfortable in. Primark have tops and shorts and sundresses in now and are reasonably cheap. The shorts are drawstring waists so will still fit if you overdue the cake. 😁 I go from a 16 to a 12 on a regular basis. Put it on thru winter and get it off for summer. I'm 5'2" and wish I could keep it off. I have a fat winter wardrobe and a skinny summer wardrobe. Have a great time.

Edited at 02:58 PM. Reason: Adds
taylaboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 19, 03:08 PM  
Link to this Post

There I should no need to pack ten weeks I need advance. I would wait for eight more weeks, then start to shop two weeks before and then pack the day of travel.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 19, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post
weeleighluigi
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
There I should no need to pack ten weeks I need advance. I would wait for eight more weeks, then start to shop two weeks before and then pack the day of travel.
We live quite rural and are flying from Manchester which is a 6.5 hour car journey. I also work full time, at the very least I will need to be almost packed in the week before we go.
As for internet shopping, nothing is next day here... 2-3 days if we are lucky. And I say I hate internet shopping cos nothing ever fits how I imagine it would! Ha ha😬🤣
weeleighluigi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 19, 03:16 PM  
Link to this Post
jndt
Imagineer

I also pack the day of travel! Go shopping the week before your holiday - as suggested Primark sell loads if you think you'll only need them for a short time if you loose more weight.
jndt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 19, 03:18 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by weeleighluigi View Post
We live quite rural and are flying from Manchester which is a 6.5 hour car journey. I also work full time, at the very least I will need to be almost packed in the week before we go.
As for internet shopping, nothing is next day here... 2-3 days if we are lucky. And I say I hate internet shopping cos nothing ever fits how I imagine it would! Ha ha😬🤣
Well in that case maybe start a week earlier, plan a big shopping trip to do it all at once? With your weight loss trajectory it makes sense to leave it a short long as you can.

Packing takes thirty minutes doesn’t it? Why do you need to pack a week before?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 19, 04:34 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

I'm currently in the midst of losing weight - have lost around 11-12kg since I started.

In terms of clothes - some of my clothes from when I started still fit. These are things like dresses (especially those that come with a belt around the middle as the belt can be adjusted to make the dress more flattering) and A-line skirts (just that they go from tight around the waist, to sitting a bit loosely on the hip). My workout shorts still fit as they have a drawstring that can be adjusted. None of my trousers will fit anymore, unless there is a belt to hold them up.

So I guess I would suggest looking for dresses with adjustable waists (either drawstring or belts), and A-line and flowy skirts?

Well done on the weight loss and hope you find some outfits you like!
Old 14 Apr 19, 06:06 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsArcher2b
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I agree with the others. Look for clothes around 4 weeks before you go and hit up Primark and/or Matalan.

Drawstring shorts and dresses with waist ties will help you adjust sizes. I also love strappy tops and dresses that have adjustable straps like bras do.

Good excuse to go shopping in Florida 😉
MrsArcher2b is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 19, 09:13 AM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
I agree, packing takes 30 minutes, I either pack the day before or day of depending on the flight time.
Go shopping the week before