Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 5 Aug 20, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
sophiepop
Imagineer

sophiepop's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Teachers - when do you go on holiday?

My Daughter is due to graduate in a couple of years and I am looking to book a holiday in the October half term. Is there any lea way with holidays at all or are we back to being stuck to school holidays again?

If so, we have had 3 years free from this expensive time and her jobs puts us back to being tied again. One of these 3 years ie 2020 we have lost our holiday, so really 2 years where we could take advantage of cheaper prices.

95 Indian Ridge - 98 Hamiltons Reserve - 00 Omni Rosen - 07 West Stonebridge - 09 Lake Wilson - 11/13/14 Town Centre - 16/18/20 Windwood - 22 Highland - 24 Calabria - 26 Highland
sophiepop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 20, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Absolutely no leeway. And inset days are compulsory too so you may double lose out as they are often tagged onto half terms.
caj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 20, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
sophiepop
Imagineer

sophiepop's Reviews
Originally Posted by caj View Post
Absolutely no leeway. And inset days are compulsory too so you may double lose out as they are often tagged onto half terms.
I thought this would be the case. I hate the heat during the summer holidays too, its way too hot in Florida for me in July/August

95 Indian Ridge - 98 Hamiltons Reserve - 00 Omni Rosen - 07 West Stonebridge - 09 Lake Wilson - 11/13/14 Town Centre - 16/18/20 Windwood - 22 Highland - 24 Calabria - 26 Highland
sophiepop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 20, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Could you not go out before her/return after her over one of the half terms maybe, or sometimes october half term is longer in some areas.
Old 5 Aug 20, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

13 weeks off - I’m sure you can find a time to go to Florida😀😀
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 20, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
sophiepop
Imagineer

sophiepop's Reviews
Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
13 weeks off - I’m sure you can find a time to go to Florida😀😀
I agree

But I can't find any holiday info on dates etc as I don't know where she'll be working.

Old 5 Aug 20, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Wee_Red
Imagineer

Wee_Red's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
The only exception would be if she were to work part time and agree with her job share person to double up. E.g. if I worked Monday, Tuesday and Wed morning and my friend worked Wed afternoon, Thursday, Friday and we had no commitments in other schools, I could do full Monday to Friday for him to have a week off and then he could copy when I'd need it. That's at your school's discretion.
Wee_Red is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 20, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

We tend to go in the summer. When I went to work in a school I thought it would be too hot but now we have got used to it and don’t mind the summer. I’m really missing it this summer
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 20, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Wee_Red
Imagineer

Wee_Red's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by sophiepop View Post
I agree

But I can't find any holiday info on dates etc as I don't know where she'll be working.
Look at Local Authority's websites for that info if she knows which region she'll be in - doesn't vary by school. Well, up here it doesn't.
Wee_Red is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 20, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
tinytots
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sophiepop View Post
I agree

If you know the county/local authority she will be in, they usually publish term dates well in advance, maybe a few years ahead. Give or take a few Inset days where each School can decide they are usually accurate. If she is in the Independent Sector, we have two weeks at October half term, 3-4 weeks at Easter and break up anywhere between 10 days to 2 weeks before state Schools in July, so these are the windows of opportunity I always use.