Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Closed Thread

Old 16 Mar 12, 12:46 AM  
Link to this Post

Warning SEAWORLD UK is really ATD

As the title says seaworldparks web page is really attraction tickets direct (ATD) but cost more money.

I came across this as ATD i have always booked all my travel and tickets through ATD and their sister company complete orlando.

But today I contacted ATD to book discovery cove and was told that they had no available swims for any of my chosen date and ATD would be unable to get me my tickets. So I contacted seaworldparks uk and got our swim at discovery cove for our chosen date without any problem it cost more money to book direct with seaworld uk.

On reading the confirmation email I noticed it was exactly the same address as ATD

Attraction Tickets Direct
3rd Floor, 16 Bromells Road
London
SW4 0BG

Seaworld park bookings
3rd Floor, 16 Bromells Road
London
SW4 0BG

So i called back ATD to query this. first of they tried to tell me that they had no connection with the seaworldparks uk web page and that this was seaworld parks was direct to the usa.
Upon me telling them that why did they have the same address (and having to spell it out to them in plain English) they then told me that they was agents for seaworldparks uk and they take bookings for seaworld dc ect, witch my reply was that is exactly what ATD do and they say no ATD book direct with seaworld. ?

on the bottom of our email from seaworld uk for tickets purchased for discovery cove...
Quote: We act as retail agent for the theme park principal(s) highlighted above.

and on the bottom of email from Attraction tickets direct for tickets purchased universal
Quote: We act as retail agent for the theme park principal(s) highlighted above.

Is this just me or am i getting ripped off!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 12, 02:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Kimber03
Imagineer

Kimber03's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 26

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 174
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Reading between the lines it does sound like your were ripped off , I know I wouldn't be happy if I was in the same situation
Kimber03 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 12, 03:38 AM  
Link to this Post

People need to be very careful because this incident is quite bad. They have probably done this to lots of people without them even realising. You try to book something special just to then discover that some company is doing something bad like this.
Old 16 Mar 12, 06:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Octal
Imagineer

Good bit of research, well done. It might be bad but it probably isn't illegal, it is down to the consumer, caveat emptor. If you are not happy, then under the distance selling regulations there is a cooling off period if you wanted to return the tickets, the Trading Standards web site has more details.
Old 16 Mar 12, 07:43 AM  
Link to this Post

Ok, the way I would interperet (sp?) this, is that ATD is probably an agent for Seaworld. They (ATD) probably have an allocation of x amount of Discovery Cove swims per day. When they are gone, they are gone.

Its just like, for example, Octopus travel having X amount of rooms at say, Holiday Inn, to sell. When their allocation is done, its done. However, you could still book a room through the Holiday Inn website.

It is unfortunate that ATD found the need to lie to you, but i really cant see anything untoward with this scenario
Old 16 Mar 12, 07:49 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Octal View Post
it probably isn't illegal, it is down to the consumer, caveat emptor. If you are not happy, then under the distance selling regulations there is a cooling off period if you wanted to return the tickets, the Trading Standards web site has more details.
I also don't think it would be illegal (it might be but i have no idea at the moment) but it certainly is NOT what I would expect from any professional company.

I have used ATD and spent many ££££££ with them and even more with their sister company complete orlando over the past 4 years and to treat a long time customer this way is not very good (to put it in nice words). Let’s face it they are defiantly NOT the cheapest ticket company but until now I have never had a reason to complain so this is why I use them year after year! .
Old 16 Mar 12, 08:01 AM  
Link to this Post

After some deeper digging then I have found this quote on the seaworkd .co .uk web page under terms and conditions (pasted the words of the link)

Quote: When you ask for your attraction tickets to be confirmed, you are accepting that these terms and conditions form the basis of any contract between ATD Travel Services LTD (who are the authorized ticket reseller of SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment) and yourself, which is subject to English law and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts

So ATD are seaworldparks .co .uk

ATD are authorized ticket reseller and they are also agents! so dose this not mean the same thing?

The two companys even has the same company reg No: 4390984
Old 16 Mar 12, 08:08 AM  
Link to this Post
karalma
Imagineer

Perhaps post on the ATD forum. ATD usually reply to any queries on there.
karalma is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 12, 08:20 AM  
Link to this Post
SugarRush
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
Lots of companies have sister companies look at virgin holidays and TCD they charge totally different things and have different allocations for seats on virgin planes so what's the difference?
Old 16 Mar 12, 08:22 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by janny View Post
Its just like, for example, Octopus travel having X amount of rooms at say, Holiday Inn, to sell. When their allocation is done, its done. However, you could still book a room through the Holiday Inn website.
Yes i understand what you are saying but not to sure you have totaly understood what i am saying using your example..
Octopus travel have told you they have no rooms so
If then you think you have now booked and pay for your room at a more expensive price holiday inn website,
Then your confermation comes through from octopus travel
If this makes sense..
Closed Thread