Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Closed Thread

Old 10 Jan 13, 04:12 AM  
Link to this Post

RESOLVED - Very Bad Service From Attraction tickets direct

Well i just thought i would warn my fellow dibbers of the extremly bad service we have recieved from attraction tickets direct.

Please dont get me wrong we have used ATD, so many times in the past and also seaworld uk, orlando tickets direct and sister company complete orlando (all the same company under different names). and ok did have a little issue with them last year yet this was sorted out very fast so was happy to use them again. but this year they have totally let us down.

First off i came across what i thought was a massive december sale price (which i have now found out was an IT error/glitch) which was a little disappointing to find out they would not honour but i can understand that they could not honour the price we had been given, But the problem we had was that we never recieved any contact from ATD that our tickets would not be sent even though we had a written confrmation of the order and stupidly did not check up on it (but once you book something and get confrmation then why would you).
We ordered these on the 29th of december 7 day delivery giving us plenty of time to get our tickets for our last minute trip on the 13th jan, as we did not recieve an email from them to tell us our order had been cancelled. it was not till the 8th jan when we expected delivery around 7/8 jan that we found this out, i did find one email from martin barton in my spam folder saying that they had cancelled our order (and not the two emails that ATD insist they sent out).

Then i spoke to oliver brendon on the 08th jan and explained the problem (by the way a great guy to talk with) and told him how disappointed we are that we never got told our tickets were cancelled (he did mention about the two emails they apparently sent) my point was THEY HAVE OUR PHONE NUMBER AND TRAVEL DATES and WHY NOT CALL US ... not everyones life is ruled by reading emails. He did explain that they had so many orders to sort out, (Why not sort out the ones who go in january first or at least call them to make sure they know what has happened ). anyway we booked some new tickets with ATD as i was told he would sort out ASAP. got the tickets delivered today (very fast delivery) unfortunatly this is not where the story ends :angry:, 4 of our tickets have not been delivered, and the main office is now closed. there customer service experts work from 9am till 9pm (as they call them) are not able to help at all and just say i had to call back during office hours! will now have to some how find the time tomorrow to call them back during there main office hours...
I have signed for the delivery so hope they sort this out as there terms and conditions state: After your tickets have been delivered to you, we will be unable to provide replacements unless you have purchased our Loss, Damage, and Theft Protection.
I have not Lost, Damaged or had them stolen and no i have not purchased their ticket insurance, I just have not had them all delivered so do you think i will still be covered as i have signed for delivery.

I just dont know what to do now 3 days till flight and only half my tickets this has now become way beyond a joke

I will keep you informed on what is going on as i just feel our dibb community should become aware of problems and poor customer service that any of us recieve especially with what was once in my opinion an excellant company and would have and have done is recomended to everyone.

Edited at 08:08 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 13, 04:20 AM  
Link to this Post
gforce_iom
Imagineer

gforce_iom's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I booked some tickets on the glitch and had our booking cancelled... OK I expected them to be cancelled, but what got my back up with this company is that they changed their T&Cs overnight to accomodate cancellation due to technical error...

... this was no technical error, it was just offering tickets at the wrong price... it may have been a typo, but no technical error.

I wouldnt trust them now!
1991-96 4 Trips~1997x1~1999x1~2001x1~2004x1~2004/2005x3/2006x2/2007x3/2009x2/2010x2~2011 Westridge Villa~2012 Highlands Reserve Villax3~2013 Hampton Lakesx2~2014 Hampton Lakesx2~2015 Hampton Lakesx1~2017 Sunset Ridgex2~Rosen Shingle Creek~2018 Sunset Ridgex1~2018 Rosen Shingle Creek~2019 Sunset Ridgex1 Hampton Lakesx1 Calabay Parcx1 2020 Highlands Reservex1 2022 Calabay Parcx1 2024 Hunters Creekx1
gforce_iom is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 13, 04:36 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by gforce_iom View Post
I booked some tickets on the glitch and had our booking cancelled... OK I expected them to be cancelled, but what got my back up with this company is that they changed their T&Cs overnight to accomodate cancellation due to technical error...

... this was no technical error, it was just offering tickets at the wrong price... it may have been a typo, but no technical error.

I wouldnt trust them now!
I know what you are saying but this thread is not really about the glitch (or what ever they call it) it's about the service AFTER this glitch. But have to agree with the T&C thing I always print off all T&C and the way they have now added to them AFTER buying from them is just wrong IMO.. Be them legally right or wrong, but as I say this thread is not about that it's just warning people of how they have treated loyal customers after the glitch!
Old 10 Jan 13, 07:39 AM  
Link to this Post
limmy
Imagineer

limmy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Hopefully they can send you the rest out for next day delivery today. They can pick before 9am or noon I think.
Just keep on at them. If they've not sent the whole order, they must know.
DCL 2019
limmy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 13, 08:40 AM  
Link to this Post
jamigoda
Trying for More Ears

Atd

We booked £1200 worth of tickets through ATD and received them yesterday for our trip in July, but guess what the Legoland tickets they send us expire in May! I know we have lots of time to sort this out. If they keep messing customers around like they will just book elsewhere next time!
jamigoda is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 13, 10:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Villainlover
VIP Dibber

Villainlover's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Your experience has not been good but I have always had great service from them .. Infact they have refunded when they weren't legally obliged to when we had a bereavement.

I had some tickets missing and once they checked they reissued them ..

I now make the delivery guy stand on the doorstep whilst I check before I sign ..but they did replace them for me.

I hope you get sorted and get your tickets sent in time

Buenaventura Lakes 1993
Indian Ridge 1995/6/7 Oak Island Harbour 1998 Indian Point 1999 Eagle ridge 2000 Crescent lakes 2001 Indian Ridge Oaks 2003 Highlands Reserve 2004/5
Hampton Inn Convention centre 2007
Hampton lakes 2008 Highlands reserve 2009
Highlands Reserve 2010/11/12/13/14/15
Villainlover is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 13, 11:06 AM  
Link to this Post

we had the same with the eat and play cards, i was told it would be fine to purchase at the time for our trip just for them to have an 2011/12 date on them, they happly exchange them but why send them out in the first place when they know the departure date as stated on the invoice. just seemed daft to me and a hassle to make a trip to the post office to send back the orginal expired cards. but other than that i have to say i've been very happy with the service i've received.
Old 10 Jan 13, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
ELLENUT
Imagineer

I hope you get this sorted, what a load of stress that you could do without just before your holiday
1992: Days Inn Lakeside 1994:HOliday inn Maingate East 2006:Pop Century 2008:Saratoga Villas 2010:Regal oaks 2013:Indian Ridge Villa 2015:BA Club,Disney,POR,Villa, RPR,2016 United business, Sunset Ridge villa 2019: Virgin, 4 Corners Villa 2023: CSR & 4 Corners Villa again!
ELLENUT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 13, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post
anniebee65
Imagineer

This is my worst nightmare. I really hope you get sorted!
anniebee65 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 13, 11:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Midges17
Apprentice Imagineer

Atd

Hi,

Have also used them several times and always had good service but the last time we were waiting 2 months for the tickets then sent tickets that expired before we go, very bad communication from them I was the one who had to keep phoning & emailing them fortunatly we weren't going anytime soon but I did eventually get it sorted but my main gripe was they took my money straight away them but didny give me valid tickets for nearly 4 months! Don't think I will use them again!

Lesley
Midges17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread