Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Closed Thread

Old 4 May 15, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post

Exclamation Attraction Tickets Direct - Personal Horror Story

Hi All,

I don't normally do this but thought I would post my personal recent experience with this company.

I had never used them before - however after some research and other comments on the DIBB they appeared to me to be a very reputable company.

I booked combo tickets 8 days ago and the money was promptly taken from my account. At the time of booking I was clear that I wanted my delivery address to be different to the card address - as these tickets are a surprise. I was assured there was no problem with this.

I then receive an e-mail from the company that they can't send the tickets and they now want me to now send copies of utility bills etc - even though they have taken the money out of my account over 1 week ago. To make matters worse when I asked for a refund - I was told this would be difficult to do and a manager would have to authorise this. I'm now awaiting a manager to call me back. PS: I have had the same credit card for 12+ years with zero issues...

I realise everybody has different experiences with companies but this is my personal experience of Attraction Tickets Direct.

Bill
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 15, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post
twogoto
VIP Dibber

Hmm.. sounds strange. We're using ATD for our tickets, haven't paid yet (booked with £10pp deposit) but they've been great so far when I've been emailing to add things onto my booking etc. Have they not given a reason for not being able to send the tickets?
Sept 21 TwoGoTo Aiya Napa - Amarande Hotel
Nov 21 TwoGoTo New York - The James New York Nomad
Mar 22 TwoGoTo Orlando - Cabana Bay
Sept 22 TwoGoTo Orlando - Sapphire Falls
Nov 22 TwoGoTo Rome - 9Hotel Cesari
July 23 TwoGoTo Kos - Mitsis Summer Palace
Sept 23 TwoGoTo Orlando - Sapphire Falls
twogoto is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 15, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
oeamon
Apprentice Imagineer

I used them last week and had know problems. dealt with Emily who provided great customer service and was great when correcting a mistake I hade made. tickets arrives when expected.
oeamon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 15, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post

None - bar that the Delivery Address is different to the Billing Address.

I was specific at the time of booking was there an issue with this and was assured there wasn't.

To make matters worse then have taken the full payment from my account (which I had authorised) over 1 week ago. So they are happy to take the money but aren't now prepared to send the tickets.

They are not giving me any clear or reasonable explanation as to why they want me to send utility bills etc and until they do I'm not prepared to do this. As things stand I can't even get a refund until a manager calls me.

I feel like I'm being treated like a criminal...
Old 4 May 15, 11:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
What's the point of sending utility bills if the despatch address is different? I would be annoyed as well if they said no problem. Many companies let you deliver to a different address if a signature is required due to people working . Hope you get it resolved x
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 15, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 13

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 344
Guidebook Reviews: 8
I don't understand why they need to see utility bills? Almost every retailer online allows for a different shipping address, provided the billing address is where the card is registered to.

Seems very strange to me. Hope you get it sorted soon.

MY TRIP AND DINING REPORTS - July 2023 Ten (Not So) Little Ones Take the Adults ~~ Onsite/Offsite Dining Report - July 2023 - 4 people - £168 budget per day plus tips ~~ Another Birthday Trip, October 2019 ~~ The Land, Sea and Wedding Trip Report, October 2015 ~~. Sept / Oct 2013 Five Little Ones Take the Adults
IG - Lisas29 and familyanddisney

00 / 01 / 04 / 07 /Xmas 08 / 10 / 13 / 15 / 17 / 19 / 23
Lisa29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 15, 11:44 AM  
Link to this Post
shauney
Imagineer

Speak to your card provider and see if they will help you. I'd be looking to do a chargeback if they're being difficult.
shauney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 15, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post
springwell31
Trading Disney Pins

I have not had the experience with this company before however what i can say is that i work for a fraud dept of a large credit card company. normally if the delivery address is different from the billing address the card should of declined in the first place as details do not match. it seems to me like the company are just checking you out to make sure that the transaction is genuine before they send the tickets out... i suppose they have to cover themselves as if this turned out to be fraud then they would lose the tickets and then be charged back by their bank thus losing out twice...
i know its not what you want to hear by just thought i would give another explanation.
anyhow hope you get your tickets or refund soon. xx
Old 4 May 15, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

By law the must refund you.
Ring your credit card ask for a refund
Old 4 May 15, 11:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Mark64uk
Serious Dibber

I wont be using them again after a huge mistake with my tickets they wasn't even apologetic when i made them aware of there error only offered me £10 discount for the error.
Mark64uk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread